How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

So hard is very hard on this game. I am still waiting but should have it by friday. Mark what was your highest score on hard on ashes 2009. When i first got that game i was bad but my best was 850 or so. A 1000 runs would not be so hard on ashes. Is ic2010 harder because the edges go to the slips this time and no balls all the time or are the ai just good.ps people are starting to find the problems now, i new this would happen but if trickstar fix the games problems this time then most people will be happy.:mad::facepalm:crying:banana2:happy:hpraise

No comparison whatsoever to batting in Tests in AC09.

In AC09 on Hard I could end most tests by the 2nd session on Day 1. That might be damn near impossible on IC10.

@Thanda
You are in for a pleasant surprise then mate.

Offline Tests on Hard are NOTHING like the rest of the game. Its scarily realisitc, at least in batting.

IF you use the default fields and try to bowl properly, then the AI will put up decent targets as well.

Just be sure to play a good team and pick an average one yourself. Also post your results :)

I could do with a pleasant surprise. Everything about IC10 (for me) so far has been a disappointment.

Will definitely sit down for a test marathon when I've got the time. Gotta get some bread-earning tasks out of the way first ;)

In addition to team selection, I might stick by a no slogging rule as well. In a couple of T20s and ODIs that I played, I found that the batting system was more forgiving if you slogged vs if you played a ground stroke.

I think it is programmed a bit differently. In Tests you can hit the occasional ball for a wild slog, but its very very hard to try to hit 2 in a row.

Probably simply becaue the fields are so attacking that most edges will be flying towards a fielder. I played a 2020 against the AI yesterday on hard and it was much easier to slog (especially consecutively) than in the Tests.

Good to hear. I know in time you and other people will get better scores as you improve. But i hate hearing people saying stuff like i put all my fielders on the leg side or onside and can roll them for 100 or so. Thats not real cricket guys, thats a way of cheating. I did that in ashes 2009 a few times but in the end i only bowled for the unlockables. Bowling in cricket games is not great, so its cool that in ic2010 the bowling is ok. maybe in oct they will give us a ashes ic2010 or a patch. If that fails then maybe someone will release a game for the world cup.ps ea trine 10 and ic2011 world cup at the same time. hahahaha, only in are dreams guys.:banana2

Good to hear. I know in time you and other people will get better scores as you improve. But i hate hearing people saying stuff like i put all my fielders on the leg side or onside and can roll them for 100 or so. Thats not real cricket guys, thats a way of cheating. I did that in ashes 2009 a few times but in the end i only bowled for the unlockables. Bowling in cricket games is not great, so its cool that in ic2010 the bowling is ok. maybe in oct they will give us a ashes ic2010 or a patch. If that fails then maybe someone will release a game for the world cup.ps ea trine 10 and ic2011 world cup at the same time. hahahaha, only in are dreams guys.:banana2

I have not tried any of these tactics so Im not sure if that can be done or not in IC10. To me its not cricket and I don't bother with trying them. If I do set a custom field then its within the boundaries of cricket reality.

I think that if people set extravagent fields which would never be set in real cricket, then they can't really whinge about the AI collapsing.

EDIT: also legside and onside are the same thing mate :p

True, i mean offside and onside. Its early in aus. Yes your right but i read on here that some people have, and start to suck about the game. Like you all have said, if trickstar put a hard mode online and fix the online problems and the rest of the bugs. Then we will have a very good cricket game. I cant wait to play some tests.ps with eng doing so well at the moment in cricket vs aus, i hope trickstar are working hard for a update to ic2010. Time will tell.:spy:banana2

Like you all have said, if trickstar put a hard mode online and fix the online problems and the rest of the bugs. Then we will have a very good cricket game.

Interesting, it kind of reminds me the raves after the AC09 release :sarcasm

No HUD on a greentop first morning. Played nothing but leaves and defensive shots :p

Attachments

• 6zv.jpg
    6zv.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 68
Bought this game last week when I bought an Xbox 360 (partly because this wasn't on PC :D), but have waited until now, an absence of about 9 months from the boards, to post the current status of my first Test Match due to me playing Fifa 10 and Red Dead Redemption a lot more.

Australia v England (me)
Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground
Weather: Sunny and hot
Pitch: Good
Difficulty: Hard
Current session: Morning session, day two

Australia 1st Innings - 354 (74 overs)

Watson - 148 - Onions - 3-48 (13 overs)
Ponting - 111 - Swann - 3-80 (19 overs)
Clarke - 40* - Broad - 3-102 (19 overs)

England 1st Innings - 112-1 (18 overs)

Strauss - 63* Siddle - 1-40 (6 overs)
Cook - 34
Trott - 9*

Going along quite nicely at the moment. Was getting worried and frustrated when Watson and Ponting had a mammoth partnership of 230-odd but then managed to work out how to bowl a bit more properly and the wickets started tumbling. :thumbs

Wow. What a classic game I just had with naz_da_dom!
I managed a below par 50 in my 5 overs. But pegged him back with my bowling. It was all on the last ball!!!
For my last over I was forced to go with a medium paced bowler (as England). I'm still not sure the spin bowlers are effective and it would have been a huge gamble.

On the last ball he needed 1 to win! I brought my field in and bowled a slow one. He hit it up in the air and ran, I fluffed the catch! He won by a run!

Thrilling game.
Turns out he is in the top two ranked players!

I managed a below par 50 in my 5 overs. But pegged him back with my bowling. It was all on the last ball!!!
For my last over I was forced to go with a medium paced bowler (as England). I'm still not sure the spin bowlers are effective and it would have been a huge gamble.

On the last ball he needed 1 to win! I brought my field in and bowled a slow one. He hit it up in the air and ran, I fluffed the catch! He won by a run!
Thrilling game.

Thrilling game.
Correction; he won by however many wickets he had left, not by 1 run.

Thrilling game.
You do realize that had you won the game, he would've quit before the game would have been recorded as a win for you. He's in the quitters list, and that's why he's in the top 2 on the leaderboard - cause he quits.

LOL, naz_da_dom is another guy that always runs away from my game lobby

Continuing my test match at Headingley - Pak v Aus (me)

2nd Day - Lunch (cloudy, cool)

Pakistan 250 (Butt 42, U Akmal 52, Watson 6/55)

Aus 4/184 (Katich 82, Ponting 28, Asif 2/56)

Pakistan definitely gave me a lot of chances in the field, I'm not sure if it because of their poor batting rating or because of bugs in the game.

As I've said before, I've shamefully resorted to not 'allowing' the wicketkeeper to catch knicks off spinners, because I believe this is a bug - wicketkeepers are superhuman in these situations.

I started playing cricket 2010 last night,
To me its looks abit better than 2009 but I just think there is still alot more they could have done.

I like the new view when batting, not so much when bowling.

I hope I start to like it soon

Users who are viewing this thread