How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

I started a test match against India at headingly. Bear in mind that after trying out third person bowling, I did not like it and I bowl now in broadcast view.
I elected to bowl first and India lost two early wickets at 15. Gambhir misread a full inswing bowl from Asif and was plumb LBW. Dravid got a first baller (lbw) trying to flick a good length ball to on side. In came tendulkar and him and sehwag started play aggressively. They kept the run rate over four and would hit anything wide or towards the leg side. In typical test match fashion I leaked many run towards third man. They put on partnership of over hundred and then I got Sehwag trying to pull the ball and getting caught at square leg. India were 145 for three. Laxman came in and started to dominate straight away. I tried spinners but runs kept on piling. Sachin and Laxman were playing very sensibly. I put a plan in place and took a man out on cover boundary and started bowling outswingers of a good length with Asif and Gul. I could feel pressure building on the batsman and it culminated in Laxman trying to play a pull of a back of length ball and getting caught at square leg. I was very pleased having earned that wicket. India were 190 for four. Yuvraj came and offered a chance straight away that I dropped. Saching also edged one of asif and Akmal Dropped that sitter (how true to life). I put of afridi and got Yuvi to leave a straight flipper that crashed into his off stump. Dhoni came in with score at 210-5 and started playing very well. I once again thought out a plan and started bowl yorkers with confident umer and Asif. Both batsman were playing yorkers very well but I could feel them trying to score of yorker so I kept on bowling full length. I was overjoyed to see dhoni try to cover drive an inswinging (conventional )toe crusher that speared into his leg stump. Sachin had scored a ton and was trying to hold the inning together with the tail. There was little resistance from Bhaji but rest of tailenders came and went. I finally got India all out for 269 off 58 overs.
It was a satisfying bowling performance. Better fielding and I could have got india for less than 250. I will look to bat today if I get time and post my progress tomorrow InshaAllah.

Ponting just took the new ball and is giving it to Hauritz first up. Now Hauritz has looked their best bowler so far (although wicketless), but I don't think this should be happening.

Ponting just took the new ball and is giving it to Hauritz first up. Now Hauritz has looked their best bowler so far (although wicketless), but I don't think this should be happening.

I've thought about going in and editing every spinner in the game by taking off skill points for the bowling accuracy and spin and putting them onto something far less relevent e.g. fielding. This could be a way to stop spinners being so excessively effective for my offline games against the AI.

However, this also means the AI spinners will be less effective against you when you are batting.

It might require some more thought :working :D

I'm currently going through an atrocious batting period. Played jaraarrow and codebreaker over Live yesterday and was roundly thrashed, no challenge for either of them. :crying

To compound my ineptitude these past few days I ( playing as England ) managed to be beaten by 20+ runs in a T20 by the mighty Netherlands yesterday. :doh:noway

I just made a fool out of AUS

Playing my first ever test as England against Australia at Cape Town on Hard with min HUD.

I'll write a short summary.
I batted first and made 199 all out with the openers sharing a 100 run partnership (I lost concentration after I lost 1 wicket:p)

I then bowled Australia all out for 109 in the 28th over with Haddin finishing on 40*. The best of my bowlers were Anderson and Swann with 4 and 3 wickets.

In the second innings with my 90 run lead Strauss started off well making 85 off 128 balls while others were falling. Flintoff then came in and made 118 off 79 balls to be my highest scorer. I was bowled out for 394 which left Australia 484 to win.

To cut a long story short, I rolled them for 62 winning by 422 runs (I also dropped Ponting 3 times and someone else once) Pietersen finished with 4/5 and Swann 4/22

If my first ever game was this easy, against the best side in the world, I hate to think how easy it may be once I've played a few games.

I hope this was a one off and I am challenged in my games to come. :)

Last edited:
Is anyone finding they like this game less and less the more they play?!
It might be me, but i just find batting sooooo bloody hard on this game.
I had one decent test but that was it.
I just cant seem to get the timming right. Sure i can survive a few overs. I can normally get to lunch with just 1 wicket lost. But i cant stand the fact you cant score boundries till you have got full or nearly full confidence. I think i went a whole session without a boundry. As i said it might be my crapness!! But i was very good at AC09 timming and often scored 400+ runs in a test innings. I just cant seem to get the hang of the timming on this game.
Anyone got any secrets to the timing? I learnt from the last game you should press the shot button as soon as a fast bowler releases the ball. But sometimes thats still to late. And other times its to early from the same delivery.
Also i really hate the slowness of the ball flight. A 95mph yorker looks like a 80mph delivery. And the ball sometimes drifts through the air chest height and gets hooked or pulled!! :facepalm Whats that all about?!
I REALLY liked this game when i first played. But batting is just so hard now i dont fell like getting the game out the cupboard anymore. Very dissapointed.
Anyone else finding batting to hard/unrealistic???
And i cant play on normal cos thats way to easy for bowling. :noway

I've thought about going in and editing every spinner in the game by taking off skill points for the bowling accuracy and spin and putting them onto something far less relevent e.g. fielding. This could be a way to stop spinners being so excessively effective for my offline games against the AI.

However, this also means the AI spinners will be less effective against you when you are batting.

It might require some more thought :working :D

Maybe you need more practice :p

Finally finished the first day of the first test against Pakistan and made it all the way through.

Batsman - runs - balls - 4s - 6s
Strauss - 148 -204 - 22 - 0
Cook - 6 - 12 - 1 - 0
Trott - 22 - 61 - 1 - 0
Pietersen - 29 - 41 - 4 - 0

Collingwood - 134 - 160 - 13 - 1
Bell - 10 - 14 - 1 - 0
Prior - 7 - 7 - 0 - 0
Swann - 36 - 49 - 2 - 1
Broad - 9 - 13 - 1 - 0

Shahzad - 3 - 7 - 0 - 0
Anderson - Not batted yet

Extras - 26nb, 0wd, 0b, 0lb
Total - 430/8 (90 overs)

Bowling - overs - maidens - runs - wickets - rpo
Seamers - 66 - 10 - 241 - 3 - 3.65
Spinners - 24 - 0 - 189 - 4 - 7.87

So to sum up, the spinners suck balls when the AI uses them. Far too many short balls and half volleys going down leg side. Add to that the pathetic AI fields and they are there to just score runs off as you please. Way too many no balls as well, but that's been pointed out by others.

The AI field placements simply have to be fixed, they are dreadful and really can spoil what has, at times, felt like an awesome game of cricket. When Broad came in there were five fielders on the boundary (deep cover, long on, long off, fine leg and third man). The rest were either around point or catching.

I still don't think the seamers "feel" quick enough. Like I said the other day, I've played with HUD on and off. The swing seems to be the same as in AC09, where it goes AFTER it's pitched. More like a cutter really.

As for differences in pitches, I have to say I'm not sure why people are thinking that the pitches play any differently at different grounds. Sure, the commentary may say it's going to do this and that and they may look different, but to me they all play the same (as it was in AC09).

The thing I've mostly liked so far is you really have to get yourself in. It can take a while, but the rewards are massive (possibly too rewarding).

Can we have a suggestion thread so I can waste some more breath? :D

Is anyone finding they like this game less and less the more they play?!
It might be me, but i just find batting sooooo bloody hard on this game.
I had one decent test but that was it.
I just cant seem to get the timming right. Sure i can survive a few overs. I can normally get to lunch with just 1 wicket lost. But i cant stand the fact you cant score boundries till you have got full or nearly full confidence. I think i went a whole session without a boundry. As i said it might be my crapness!! But i was very good at AC09 timming and often scored 400+ runs in a test innings. I just cant seem to get the hang of the timming on this game.
Anyone got any secrets to the timing? I learnt from the last game you should press the shot button as soon as a fast bowler releases the ball. But sometimes thats still to late. And other times its to early from the same delivery.
Also i really hate the slowness of the ball flight. A 95mph yorker looks like a 80mph delivery. And the ball sometimes drifts through the air chest height and gets hooked or pulled!! :facepalm Whats that all about?!
I REALLY liked this game when i first played. But batting is just so hard now i dont fell like getting the game out the cupboard anymore. Very dissapointed.
Anyone else finding batting to hard/unrealistic???
And i cant play on normal cos thats way to easy for bowling. :noway

Have to say that maybe you need more practice. Haven't faced too many issues while batting TBH. Are you batting HUD off by any chance? I play on Hard, Action Cam with minimal HUD and batting generally hasn't been too tough - more difficult than AC09 but nowhere as difficult as you are finding it out to be. Maybe try using the power stick feature as the timing window is larger if you play less powerful shots. Once you build up confidence, timing shots will get easier.

Would you guys agree that the spin bowling is more effective?
I bowled spin at the death recently. Gamble but it payed off as I despatched three wickets.
In Ashes 2009 my spinners would get knocked all over the park.

After getting bowled out for 438 in the second over of day two, I dismissed Pakistan for 97. I'm hoping this is more that Pakistan are this bad rather than a indication that all AI teams will collapse like this.

I seem to bowl out the AI for low 200 in 50 odd overs everytime. Both openers get good starts and then its ALWAYS a weird runout that gives me the 1st wicket. Batsman hits it to a fielder takes off and the non striker doesnt.

Happen to anyone else? Usually happens to Katich for me

Users who are viewing this thread