How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

Great idea.

Except I still want catches off the quick bowlers...

Ill see how it works.

Yes, and it would be just so annoying to exit the game whenever the spinners come on to reduce WK's catching to 0, and then re-enter the game - and then re-exit for the fast bowlers to re-instate his catching ability ect. That would be out of the question.

An extended skills allocation system should include skills against the various bowler types. But then again I'm dreaming about International Cricket 2018. :facepalm

Correct me if I am wrong, but exiting the game and changing the stats does not affect the players in games that have already started.

Case in point, was batting as Kallis, hated the Codies bat, so saved and went to change it, when i reloaded he still had the Codies bat.

Correct me if I am wrong, but exiting the game and changing the stats does not affect the players in games that have already started.

Case in point, was batting as Kallis, hated the Codies bat, so saved and went to change it, when i reloaded he still had the Codies bat.

Damn :facepalm

Thanks for letting me know

Very interesting, what type of fields are you using when bowling?

My test is currently:

Got bowled out for 120odd right after lunch (1st over after lunch)

Australia put on 75/0 in the afternoon session. Not looking good and I have to play this becaue its the 1st of a 3 match series.

Has anyone managed to bat an entire day on Hard?
I ended up rolling them for 109 with Brad Haddin being their best with a frustrating 40 odd not out.
My field is just the usual 6-3 off-side field with 3 slips and a gully, point and mid off. on the leg side, mid on, square leg and fine leg, just a usual attacking field.

I find batting with the openers quite easy if I keep my concentration up but one I lose 1 or 2 I start losing concentration.

I'll start up my test again shortly and I currently have a lead of over 100/0 late on day one, I hope Australia put up a decent fight in the second innings as 2,3 and 4 all got ducks in the 1st innings!

-D-S-B- added 3 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Very challenging to get any of those on Hard mode. Yet to even score a century with a batsman! I do with with absolutely no "cheating" at all. No restarts, if a batsman is out he is out.
Same here, I only save when I go to bed. I hope I can get a 100 with Strauss this innings, but not likely considering it's my first test on hard.

After this I might play a 3 match series, and for some reason I love playing with England and SA! :p

-D-S-B- added 2 Minutes and 37 Seconds later...

How am I doing in Cricket 2010? Not very well considering the post still hasn't delivered the damn thing even though i ordered two weeks ago!! Meh, I want to get on with it!
HMV only took 6 days to get to NZ, what the hells happened Dutch!

I am playing a Test (HUD minimal, Hard difficulty) as Pakistan, against NZ.

Pakistan are 201/3 from 62 overs. The three wickets were geniune - two bowled and one caught behind. I save every 1-2 overs. I quit and reloaded once when the ball did not dislodge the stumps but I was given out.

I am playing conservatively, but going for the boundary when an opportunity arises. I hit one six. Salman Butt was out for 83 (off 177 deliveries).

When I feel I am losing my concentration, I block or leave, to see out a maiden over. There have been 11 maidens so far.

Damn, I might be in for an ass whipping then. My concentration is not that great yet, I have yet to get to the 200 mark without being more than 8 down.

Damn, I might be in for an ass whipping then. My concentration is not that great yet, I have yet to get to the 200 mark without being more than 8 down.

I actually use the square button when batting :D

ps3-controller.jpg

Just kidding. But yes, I make use of maiden overs to settle myself down. It also has the obvious benefit of producing longer games.

Sometimes the AI screws it up by bowling a no-ball in the over, which I think is still occurring too frequently IMO.

What the no-ball problem is still there just not as bad. Most test should have no more than 10 in 100 overs, i would be fine with that. west indias 20 hahahahah.
Can someone put a picture of there scorecards with extras on. Thanks, god i need this game. I hope it gets here today or tomorrow.:noway:doh

I have a very bad feeling about posting these screens, but this is exactly what happened. Firstly, Shahid Afridi broke the record for the fastest 100 and 50 in tests - which was not difficult at all to break after getting him to 30 off 10 balls because his confidence level was at bold (check somewhere in this thread, I uploaded a screen)

My impressions of this are that if you can get your batsman to a bold confidence level, or even high confident, then batting is very easy. Anything else, and well you're better off playing defensively for a while.

Afridi got to that 100 in I think 51 balls, forget what the 50 was off of - I think 21 or 22 balls. Although I will say, most of my runs during the 51-100 part of the innings came through third man, because the slips were taken out - so any edges off attempted lofts would be 4.

And then after getting to a 100, Australia became smarter and got rid of Twatson and Johnson (while the figures don't reflect that, Afridi spanked him - his econ was at about 7 or 8 earlier).

Also, they had a plan in place - bowl short, and have a man at fine leg, squarish fine leg, and square leg, which caused Afridi to get hit, and his confidence level to go down - so now his S/R has become lower (and I've become more circumpsect with him, as I'm gonna try to get him to a 200).

So right now, I'm not sure what to make of it. I think it's a freak innings, but his confidence was also very high (with poorly timed shots going to the boundary).

Also Abdul Razzaq's strike rate is what it is because I would defend and block till I would get him to confident, and then try to drive the ball into a gap for a few runs, and he would either poorly time it, completely miss it, or edge it, and I would be back to below confident or sometimes timid.

So, my plan after this game will be to play another test, and not try to get Afridi to 30 off 10 balls - because that was the launching pad, all of my other batsmen (Umar Akmal is rated the same as Afridi) have struggled, but that innings put him high on confidence which has certainly changed how this innings has turned out.

Also 19 no balls... really Australia?

Also the duration of the game is ok so far, depending on how Australia bat, and how long I can stretch the lead, it may go into the morning of the 4th day (its Tea on Day 2 right now)

Attachments

• IMG_0395[1].JPG
    IMG_0395[1].JPG
    318.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0396[1].JPG
    IMG_0396[1].JPG
    285.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0397[1].JPG
    IMG_0397[1].JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 18
Sounds like we need some kind of Howzdat! porgram that let you edit the confidence levels of batsmen and bowlers in Ashes 09. Is that possible on a PS3, to edit things like that? (I am from Techno Noobville!)

Sounds like we need some kind of Howzdat! porgram that let you edit the confidence levels of batsmen and bowlers in Ashes 09. Is that possible on a PS3, to edit things like that? (I am from Techno Noobville!)

You're not the only one - I don't even know how to post iPhone photos of my scorecards onto the forums yet! I don't like attachments - I want them directly on the screen like the way Mark does it.....

You're not the only one - I don't even know how to post iPhone photos of my scorecards onto the forums yet! I don't like attachments - I want them directly on the screen like the way Mark does it.....
E-mail the photo to yourself, and then go into your email account, download the photo to your computer, and upload it on an image sharing site. The one Mark uses is imgur: The Simple Image Sharer | Upload and Host an Image

Or, plug in your iPhone to your computer, and then the iPhone comes up as a camera - find the picture, drag to desktop (or wherever you desire), and upload (and link the photo here with the

E-mail the photo to yourself, and then go into your email account, download the photo to your computer, and upload it on an image sharing site. The one Mark uses is imgur: The Simple Image Sharer | Upload and Host an Image

Or, plug in your iPhone to your computer, and then the iPhone comes up as a camera - find the picture, drag to desktop (or wherever you desire), and upload (and link the photo here with the tags)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Man, you are a valuable member here - coming up with ideas and solutions all over the place! :yes

Users who are viewing this thread