How are you going in International Cricket 2010?

Ok:

SA all out 421 from 98 overs (Kallis 152, Prince 51, no-balls 39 :sarcasm)

Windies 0/17

Getting a bit worried that batting might be a little too easy. And test match batting a little too boring just defending and waiting for the good ball.

Still not convinced I found the answer to perfect test matches. Ill see how this pans out. Pain in the rectum adjsutig everyones stats to - we shouldnt have to do it hey. A simple playtest might of fixed this, trickstar. FFS.

Update:

Windies 5/215 (Chanderpaul 53*) of 52 overs

Got bored of batting in test matches so I saved this and started a one dayer, and have just somewhat rekindled my initial love for this game:

Eng v Aus (me) at The Oval, Hard, overcast, cool conditions

Eng: 9/282 50 overs (Strauss 138*, Bresnan 42, Denley 40, Collingwood 32, Bollinger 3/43, Hauritiz 2/46, Tait 1/48)

Aus yet to bat

Was an awesome innings. I bowled really well first up and had England reeling at 5/140-odd. The run rate was around 4.5 per over. Strauss dug in, and got some support from Denley and Bresnan to really go after the bowling in the final overs to get them to a competitive score.

Am yet to bat, but I'm over the moon because I think this is the first time ever in the history of cricket gaming the AI have set a competitive total in a ODI.

Just started a test series against WI & Zim(Me)

using action cam for both batting and bowling
also using HUD off for battin and Min for bowling

1st test at Grenada

WI won the toss and elected to bat

WI 1st Inn : 158 all out in 38.3 overs

Bravo : 62*(66)
Barath: 36(53)

Cremer : 4/48(10 overs)
Price : 3/32(12 overs)

Zim 1st Inn : 82 all out in 25.4 overs

Matsikeneyri : 30(28)
Williams : 15(28)

Taylor : 4/20(7 overs)
Edwards : 2/15(7 overs)

WI 2nd Inn : 110 all out in 39 overs

Gayle : 36(84)
Barath : 21(71)

Ptice : 6/38(17 overs)
Utseya : 2/39(13 overs)

Zim 2nd Inn : 25/0 in 7 overs

requires another 162 runs to win

those like me who are finding it easy to bat and bowl should try HUD off for batting
this is ultimate test cricket you cannot hit Afridi style even if u want to just try and u will be out
soon you have to accumulate runs build confidence i failed to do so in 1st inn and am making up for that
in 2 nd innings
the game is well poised and i am sure will have to bat long and slow if i have to get close to that
target

the HUD off mode just balances the bad performance by AI in batting which seem to be quite often

I've found a nice solution for the game's problems with the AI, over-ambitious declarations. I played a match in my series against Canada, declared 1/22 in the first innings, bowled them out for 31, got 51 ahead, declared and bowled them for 12.

This screen shot shows two things. My new 24" LCD HD TV 1080p, and my poor batting abilities. ;)

Attachments

• PICT0042.JPG
    PICT0042.JPG
    317.3 KB · Views: 59
Just started a 50 over WC as PAK on hard.

Zim, Kenya and Windies in my group :facepalm so its going to be a long time before I play decent oppossition.

Bowled Windies out for 223 in 25 overs chased it down in 21 with 3 wickets left.

Zim is next.

Playing T20 WC and just broke a few records. Highest individual score, fastest 100 and most boundaries ;) (hard, minimal HUD)

Got absolutely smashed in reply though. They scored at 12 rpo all the way through and won with 2 overs to spare. Dropped 3 catches but they'd have won anyway. Just hitting boundaries everywhere off every ball.

Attachments

• yx2q.jpg
    yx2q.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 41
This screen shot shows two things. My new 24" LCD HD TV 1080p, and my poor batting abilities. ;)

Gas, do you play with hud on or off?

Seriously, Im crap a computer games, but Im finding batting too easy. I wish it was a challenge.

My copy arrived today. I changed the NZ names, created Tamim Iqbal and did the Tutes lol. Gonna start a test series as NZ vs Aus

Try slogging everything...

I can't bring myself to do that. I probably don't help myself by playing with restrictive rules. For example, if i hit two fours in an over, i normally block and rest of the deliveries or only take a single. Even if the AI keep bowling short or full. I think this comes from years of playing dire cricket games that i am forced into such measures.

Playing T20 WC and just broke a few records. Highest individual score, fastest 100 and most boundaries ;) (hard, minimal HUD)

Got absolutely smashed in reply though. They scored at 12 rpo all the way through and won with 2 overs to spare. Dropped 3 catches but they'd have won anyway. Just hitting boundaries everywhere off every ball.

Nice score from Wright there. Even with slogging i have never got a batsmen past 50 on hard.

Gas, do you play with hud on or off?

Seriously, Im crap a computer games, but Im finding batting too easy. I wish it was a challenge.

Normally i play with minimum hud. But last night i was playing with a full hud. Maybe i was just having a bad day but my reactions seemed far too slow, hence the two early lbw decisions. Both came off trying to block yorker balls and i must have been late on the block.

2nd game of the World Cup

Pakistan (me) 170 all out after slogging like crazy as per peoples advice here. In about 20 overs

Zimbabwe 170-6 in 34 overs

I have to beat Ireland now or risk getting knocked out of 2nd stage based on Net RR :facepalm

If i can manage a score of 200, ill still be in the game.

At least Collingwood and Bresnan are both in and on bold.

Does my first half century await one of these batsmen....

No. :p

Attachments

• PICT0042.JPG
    PICT0042.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 27
  • PICT0043.JPG
    PICT0043.JPG
    264.4 KB · Views: 23
  • PICT0044.JPG
    PICT0044.JPG
    296.3 KB · Views: 17
  • PICT0045.JPG
    PICT0045.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 18
:laughOkie doke!... 50 OVERS WORLD CUP AS AUSTRALIA.. ON HARD WITH MIN HUD FOR BOTH BATTING AND BOWLING USING BROADCAST VIEW FOR BOWLING AS WELL AS BATTING!
(ALL GAMES PLAYED IN INDIA AREA)

GAME 1 VS SOUTH AFRICA
GAME 2 VS SCOTLAND
GAME 3 VS HOLLAND A.K.A NETHALANDS

Game 1..

Lost the toss and bowled
"not sure why but i normally start off pretty good and then start getting the crap beatin outta me lol.. had RSA 2/40 one bloke who i cant remember who just yet as im not playing it atm made 141
batted all the way thru the innings and was last person out!
RSA 10/296 off 45.3 Overs( pretty glad with that since i thought i could be chasing 370 plus lol...
anyway... into bat i went
and after 2 overs( when ive called it a night) im 1-8:help lol

this is my 3 time ive tryed 50 overs World cup.. last time i was chasing 375 vs RSA, i guess ill just have to start batting normally and play at the wrong balls and leave the good balls

Fiddlesticks. Came up short of my target. However, Colly and Bresers both made 50's. Lee got 6 wickets, too quick for me.

Broad took to a White over to get me close to my target.

Attachments

• PICT0047.JPG
    PICT0047.JPG
    282.8 KB · Views: 29
Just been playing my T20 WC campaign, and I'm up against Bangladesh in the Semi Finals, and playing their spinners made me wonder something. Are the sweep or reverse sweep shots in the game? I've not seen the AI play one, and there doesn't appear to be a button for the shot listed the in manual. Be pretty disappointing if one of the most used shots in the game, especially against spin, wasn't included in the game. It was in the World Cup game a few years ago FFS.

Users who are viewing this thread