How often you take a shower?

-Typically less than 1% of all water treated for drinking is actually consumed by people. 99% of all water treated for drinking is used for things like showers, lawn sprinkling, to flush toilets, etc.
Most water treated for drinking is used in agriculture and other industry. A very small proportion is actually being used for 'showers, lawn sprinkling, to flush toilets, etc'.

This is a breakdown from the US:
Irrigation: 40 percent
Thermoelectric power: 39 percent
Public Supply: 13 percent
Industry: 5 percent
Livestock, aquaculture: less than 1 percent
Domestic (self-supplied): 1 percent
Mining: 1 percent

In a way, the large amount of water used for power production (electricity) is deceiving. It is mostly used to just cool the heated power-production equipment. The vast majority of the water used by power plants is returned to the environment, and thus is available for other uses.
http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/qausage.html

And this is a breakdown of household water use:
pie-chart.jpg

So essentially that is saying only 30% of the 13% that is used by the public (or 3.9% of total water) is used on showers and other forms of bathing. The only one of those I'd be worried about is how much water is used on toilets, but it seems a small amount of water to use on hygiene.

To answer the thread's question, once a day, in the morning.

Before going for my cricket practice I take a shower after coming from cricket one more time,Before I got to bed and before I leave for school.

The odd fortnight. The way the ladies love it.

If given choice I will act like buffalos and stay in water all day long in summers.

Users who are viewing this thread