How would you change the course of History?

Wouldn't they both sorta' contradict each other?

George Bush was serving his 1st term when 9/11 happened. If Al Gore was President at the time the Iraq war would have never happened. We would have just gone into Afghanistan guns blazing with a huge force, like we should have.

Im sure another one would have crawled out sooner or later. There were plenty of guys just like him in Nazi Germany.
Not true. Before Hitler came to power, Jews weren't has hated or discriminated against. They were looked down on, yes, but Hitler was very unique in having an irrational and absolute hatred of them. It had something to do with the way he was raised up. I doubt anyone else would have gone on to become a dictator like Hitler did, let alone cause the Holocaust.

I'd go a month back and stop the tech guy from taking my HDDs to terror.

Not true. Before Hitler came to power, Jews weren't has hated or discriminated against. They were looked down on, yes, but Hitler was very unique in having an irrational and absolute hatred of them. It had something to do with the way he was raised up. I doubt anyone else would have gone on to become a dictator like Hitler did, let alone cause the Holocaust.

Russian pogroms.

Never heard of them :p

Googled it.

It seemed USA intervened in 1907, which was a while before the Holocaust. Lot of these riots during the Russian Civil War...and that it spread out to other parts of Europe after 1917ish. Then came Nazi Germany.

Had there been no Hitler...would have been interesting, to say the least.

From someone who is doing History (The Holocaust specifically) currently at A level thats a very debatable statement. Certain schools of thought would say that Hitler was one a various number of radical anti-semitists and that the Holocaust would have happened regardless (determinism) because the German soceity post WW1 was inherinetly anti-semitic on account of the Jews "stabbing them in the back" allegedly anywho.

If I could change anything in history it would be Stalin's succession to the Head of the USSR after Lenin's death. Would have been very interesting to see Trotsky become leader and see how his policies would have effected the world.

Never heard of them :p

Googled it.

It seemed USA intervened in 1907, which was a while before the Holocaust. Lot of these riots during the Russian Civil War...and that it spread out to other parts of Europe after 1917ish. Then came Nazi Germany.

Had there been no Hitler...would have been interesting, to say the least.

Not being a European I wouldn't have expected you to have heard about them, I have a limited knowledge of the UAE.

Anti-Semitism was quite widespread throughout europe for a few centuries before the holocaust, obviously not quite as damaging as the holocaust, however there were still atrocities just of a lesser magnitude.

Antisemitism has been rife since well before Jesus was nailed to the cross. The Jews built the pyramids, and it was not voluntary.

Antisemitism has been rife since well before Jesus was nailed to the cross. The Jews built the pyramids, and it was not voluntary.

Did any of you get a chance to see Al PAcino in "The Merchant of Venice"? Absolutely brilliant performance!

Shylock:

"I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands,
organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same
food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases,
heal'd by the same means, warm'd and cool'd by the same winter
and summer, as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If
you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die?
And if you wrong us, do we not revenge? If we are like you in the
rest, we will resemble you in that." (Act three, scene one)

Brilliant, brilliant writing. Stunning in my opinion, absolutely stunning. Read it a few times. Get it. Watch Pacino's performance and his delivery of this passage. Best thing I have seen and heard in years!

In this play you get a rich picture of the level of anti-semitism that has been rife in Europe throughout the centuries.

That really is incredible writing.

Along with Macbeth, those are my two favorite Shakespearean plays

Hitler wasn't the only guy to hate the Jews. There were generals in his army that served in WW1 and had the feeling that the Jews somehow screwed them over in WW1.

George Bush was serving his 1st term when 9/11 happened. If Al Gore was President at the time the Iraq war would have never happened. We would have just gone into Afghanistan guns blazing with a huge force, like we should have.

Or spent all the money on making powerpoints about global warming...

....which we all know is made up :) or else they wouldnt have to make up the data :)

Collingwood50 added 1 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

No no no that's not true at all.

Anti-Semitism has existed since ancient egypt, it even exists now! Funnily enough it existed in germany too! Hitler was very Anti Semitic yes, but not the first!

Collingwood50 added 2 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Did any of you get a chance to see Al PAcino in "The Merchant of Venice"? Absolutely brilliant performance!

Shylock:

"I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands,
organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same
food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases,
heal'd by the same means, warm'd and cool'd by the same winter
and summer, as a Christian is? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If
you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die?
And if you wrong us, do we not revenge? If we are like you in the
rest, we will resemble you in that." (Act three, scene one)

Brilliant, brilliant writing. Stunning in my opinion, absolutely stunning. Read it a few times. Get it. Watch Pacino's performance and his delivery of this passage. Best thing I have seen and heard in years!

In this play you get a rich picture of the level of anti-semitism that has been rife in Europe throughout the centuries.

I was going to mention old Shylock, not sure how Antonio would respond :(

I will also stop the Soviet war in Afghanistan :facepalm
Alot of innocent people died and for what..."nothing".
The Soviet army were just idiots and If that war didn't happen Afghanistan would have been fine.

Users who are viewing this thread