How would you change the course of History?

actually in my opinion, there was a communist party in afghanistan who wanted a communist afghanistan so they got help from the soviets to overthrow the current government, then the mujahadeen used guerilla tactics to get rid of the soviets, and the mujahadeen was backed by the U.S.

^ basically that is correct.

The US covertly funded the Mujahiden to fight the Soviets. After the Soviets withdrew the US stopped all funding and certain radical factions of the Mujahidden took control of the country and voila Afghanistan turned into a haven for Islamofacists.

Nobody understood the smilie (:p) in my previous post on this thread.

I would have stopped Greenpeace from being established. Those eco-mentalists really annoy me.

I would have stopped Greenpeace from being established. Those eco-mentalists really annoy me.

Yeah, I hate people who try to stop cruelty to animals, countries floughting international law and us ruining this planet. Shame on them. So selfish.

Yeah, the same people who had members of said organisation try and punch me in the face, spit at me and heckle me, cause of my dad's job. Yeah, really nice people. Get a job, bunch of hippies.

Nothing wrong with protesting, just do it through the proper means instead of tying yourself to tree's and crap like that, holding everyone else up who wants to just get on with their lives.

Yeah, the same people who had members of said organisation try and punch me in the face, spit at me and heckle me, cause of my dad's job. Yeah, really nice people. Get a job, bunch of hippies.

Nothing wrong with protesting, just do it through the proper means instead of tying yourself to tree's and crap like that, holding everyone else up who wants to just get on with their lives.

Well, that is horrible. But I don't think the majority of members are like that. Unfortunatley, as protesting doesn't seem to be working anymore, some people in organsiations are resorting to the things you've described Highlander.

What does your dad do?

Involved in the shipping and oil industry so I can safely say we have had enough bad experiences with them to know that the majority of them are like that.

I don't know why they don't sink the Greenpeace ships. When you are in the international waters there is no maritime law/enforcement. They should just ram their boats/sink them and eventually these hippies will stop and go get real jobs.

I don't know why they don't sink the Greenpeace ships. When you are in the international waters there is no maritime law/enforcement. They should just ram their boats/sink them and eventually these hippies will stop and go get real jobs.

You don't crush a set of ideals through violence, you only increase the feelings of those with the ideals and step up the violence between both sides. Look at the civil rights movement in America. It didn't stop the campaigning for equality when black people such as Martin Luther King was killed did it?

Green peace is nothing like the civil rights movements in the US :facepalm

They impede and harm industry and global progress. I have no sympathy for these █████ and if I was in the middle of the ocean where no eyes are watching I would definitely sink their boats and leave them for the sharks.

They only do what they do because they believe this Industry and 'Global Progress' is killing our planet. Some of them will be highly misinformed, yes, but they all aren't off the mark.

Green peace is nothing like the civil rights movements in the US :facepalm

They impede and harm industry and global progress. I have no sympathy for these █████ and if I was in the middle of the ocean where no eyes are watching I would definitely sink their boats and leave them for the sharks.

He was extrapolating them to the the common point of campaigning based on a belief. He wasn't equating the beliefs themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread