IC10 playtest @ Codemasters - 4 June

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Codemasters have kindly agreed to host up to 10 Planetcricket members for a playtest on the 4th of June (2 weeks before release).
If you are able to make it to Leamington Spa (near Birmingham) for a Friday then please let us know in this thread. We'll be doing this on the basis of first-come first-served and trying to confirm numbers in the next week.
Last time there was also an Australian version of this and we will try to set another of those up too.
For now though if you want to be one of the first people to play IC10 let us know.

Attending list:
Sureshot (Y)
srk121 (Y)
rlfan82 (Y)
srk121's brother (Y)

Not attending as not sent name
RIZZYX

Why not Venezuela :p? They can expand their consumer base :p.

Codemasters have kindly agreed to host up to 10 Planetcricket members for a playtest on the 4th of June (2 weeks before release).
If you are able to make it to Leamington Spa (near Birmingham) for a Friday then please let us know in this thread. We'll be doing this on the basis of first-come first-served and trying to confirm numbers in the next week.
Last time there was also an Australian version of this and we will try to set another of those up too.
For now though if you want to be one of the first people to play IC10 let us know.

For the Australian one, I will consider flying down to Melbourne to attend. Can this be claimed as a tax deduction? :p

I envy the folks in Britain and look forward to the day when play-testing is carried out in Canada :)

Best of luck to the folks going for play-testing and one suggestion from my side - instead of playing multi-player games against each other, pls try to test AI. We know that multi-player will be decent enough but want to know what the improvement is on the AI side of things.

And of course Action Cam and analog power sticks are the other features after AI that will need to be worked on a bit.

One thing I would love you guys to check out would be if action cam mode is available for offline - 2 players.....
This will be interesting in how they implement that, there certainly is an action cam for bowling as well, it just would be a matter of whether it is too much close up movement to switch from one to the other quickly.

This will be interesting in how they implement that, there certainly is an action cam for bowling as well, it just would be a matter of whether it is too much close up movement to switch from one to the other quickly.

I'm almost certain that offline multiplayer reverts to broadcast cam. It's the only neutral option. There might be an option to use one or the other AC, but I can't imagine it switching...

I'd be keen as to attend the Melbourne playtest if there was one.

I will attend the 4th June 2010 to Leamington Spa.

I will attend the 4th June 2010 to Leamington Spa.

Do confirm if you get the go-ahead to go for play-testing... have a few things/features which I would love someone to test such as Action Cam, analog power stick, improvement in AI for field setting/setting target/chasing target, and movement of bowling cursor at the last moment - does it move similar to AC09 or the cursor movement is slow and gives enough time for batsman to adjust.

I'm also attending, may be the only PC member of staff, so does that mean I get to be like the teacher on schooltrips?

Anyway, we'll get to test what they give us to test.

For the Australian one, I will consider flying down to Melbourne to attend. Can this be claimed as a tax deduction? :p

Flying across the country to test a game which will be released in 3 weeks is a bit silly to me. You will probably only get a very limited amount of time to play on an "old build" as well. If it was earlier and they had time to implement or even listen to suggestions I'd say it would be worth it.

Frankly, the only Id be interested in is what type of Paninis they are going to feed you guys this year :p

Flying across the country to test a game which will be released in 3 weeks is a bit silly to me. You will probably only get a very limited amount of time to play on an "old build" as well. If it was earlier and they had time to implement or even listen to suggestions I'd say it would be worth it.

Frankly, the only Id be interested in is what type of Paninis they are going to feed you guys this year :p

What did you think of the latest video?

If this isn't an incentive to travel, I dunno what is! I've even underlined it due to the pure confusion of you not picking up why you go to these things!

What did you think of the latest video?

I think the powerstick might turn out to be what defines this game. 360 batting is what defined AC09, now with the ability to put power into defensive shots and pick singles and not just smash to the boudnry will add another fundamental element to a realistic batting simulation.

Looks promising, I pre-ordered today

Users who are viewing this thread