IC10 playtest @ Codemasters - 4 June

Never got stumped leaving either although it was strange when I pressed the front foot button, the batmans ended up playing a back foot shot and then I just got stumped. Seems like the batsmen in ashes 09 never went back and across while playing back

Small question of minor importance.

Are the sounds the same from AC09? I did not care for them too much, barely sounded like bat on ball. The sounds in Cricket Revolution were much more realistic.

Would be a nice bonus if they updated it sounds but no harm if they did not.

Small question of minor importance.

Are the sounds the same from AC09? I did not care for them too much, barely sounded like bat on ball. The sounds in Cricket Revolution were much more realistic.

Would be a nice bonus if they updated it sounds but no harm if they did not.

The sounds and designed to fit in with the idea of being on the pitch as opposed to watching it on TV, so you hear the bowlers footsteps when you are bowling, for example.

Dean, did you face AI spinners or did you use spin bowling...is it more effective than ashes or is it same slam bang thing in spinners fate.
Yes actually I did use spin bowling, when I first came on with spin after using pace for quite a while I really felt the difference and the AI batsman struggled at first to adjust. There's a definite difference there and like the pace it's a lot more methodical - if you put in a good plan with good variation you'll see the results.

Yes actually I did use spin bowling, when I first came on with spin after using pace for quite a while I really felt the difference and the AI batsman struggled at first to adjust. There's a definite difference there and like the pace it's a lot more methodical - if you put in a good plan with good variation you'll see the results.

What about facing spinners while you were batting? Were the spinners as easy to hit around as they were in AC09? Also, once AI batsmen got used to facing spinners (after an over or two) did AI hit the spinners around like they used to in AC09?

I don't think I actually faced a spinner in the end or I can't remember. What I can say is bowling with one was a lot more rewarding than in AC09.

I don't think I actually faced a spinner in the end or I can't remember. What I can say is bowling with one was a lot more rewarding than in AC09.

Phew great to hear. I remember cutting out spinners from the team when playing online - humans just spanked them every time

Pretty sure they rectified this in last years patch which is the basis for this game, so shouldn't be a problem this time round, thank god, I can finally use Swanny:banana2

The sounds and designed to fit in with the idea of being on the pitch as opposed to watching it on TV, so you hear the bowlers footsteps when you are bowling, for example.

In that case I hope they modified the sound of leather on the willow coz in AC09 the sound was unrealistic - it was almost as if you were hitting a plastic or tennis ball with the bat. That sweet thump/thwack of the ball hitting the middle of the bat was a little bit missing in last year's edition.

Are you sure about that?
In AC09 i got all ten wickets in a innings using Swann inside 5 overs...In a test match!

Was the off spinner exploit where you could move the cursor at the last second and it would bowl the AI?

No idea, I didn't know how but I knew of it. It just ran through the AI.

Was the off spinner exploit where you could move the cursor at the last second and it would bowl the AI?

Nope it was a turning wicket and the ball was coming out of the hand just nicely...Yes of course it was the spinner glitch.

Yeah, i did something like that. very funny to see.
The ai in ashes was very bad, ic2010 sounds a lot better.
But we will see ways to get the ai out fast, i always do.
I hope im wrong, but this time i think it will take more time.
Also im on ps3, would love to play people on this forum.
Hope nobody cheats but they will.:banana2

Users who are viewing this thread