ICC 2006 Online One-Day Cup (Week 2) (Group Stages)

Confirmed or almost sure that they can play

aus5892
PhilD123
Nathj
The_gas
chitkaar
zub2005

Out of Comp

Cric_craze
ICC 2006
Deboooo (hasn't replied in this thread in ages, assumed not playing unless he replies)

Note: Looks like there is either going to be 2 groups of 3, or if aus5892 and or the_gas can't play, its going to be a 1 group of 5 or 4.

Next weekend, I will start the fixtures, no matter the situation (unless of course something happens, like the ICC server permanently shuts down)

Zub, you need to choose another team, Lancashire is already taken...

Just to make this competition more interesting as we go along, I'm going to provide coverage with articles and stuff (basically, a story). This is to give it a much more professional feel. Here goes...

ECB goes ahead with new-look county Cup, despite boycotts...

In another bid to add excitement in Cricket for the English crowds, the ECB had announced a seperate Knockout Cup between the major county teams. Many counties however complained that they had tight time constraints, due to the already assigned fixtures in many other tournaments. As a result, all the teams besides Hampshire, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Somerset and Warwickshire either boycotted or will surely soon. There is one more team that will join the Tournament, but it has not been decided (Zub's team)

The ECB spokesman for this tournament is however confident.

"Many teams have left, unfortunately, but we feel with less teams, there is less clutter and a more competitive edge. The competition is now a round-robin, but we haven't arranged the groups, as both Hampshire and Somerset have not confirmed their participation.

Either way, the comp will start from Saturday, the 29th of July"

The Cup will consist of round-robin group stages, with the top few advancing into semi-finals, finals, and a 3rd place playoff.

ECB has also announced that there may be further editions (depending on poularity) of this Cup, so the champions of this season may have to defend the Cup in later seasons.

If there is to be a 2nd Cup, the groups will be seeded by the rankings for the 1st Cup.

The Champions of the 1st Cup, if agreed by the team, will embark on a tour as Champions, playing in a FC and OD series against all other teams that participated.

Sorry guys i am out of the competition, someone else can have my place i was somerset. Good luck

Hamish said:

aus5892
PhilD123
Nathj
The_gas
chitkaar
zub2005

Out of Comp

Cric_craze
ICC 2006
Deboooo (hasn't replied in this thread in ages, assumed not playing unless he replies)

Note: Looks like there is either going to be 2 groups of 3, or if aus5892 and or the_gas can't play, its going to be a 1 group of 5 or 4.

Next weekend, I will start the fixtures, no matter the situation (unless of course something happens, like the ICC server permanently shuts down)
what abt me???

Zub, Hampshire is already taken by aus5892. Choose another team (check the 1st post to see which teams are taken). I will also need the new online team name.

PhilD123, i dont think I have your location, post it ASAP so I can arrange times.

ballers101, sorry, i forgot about you. You are in the comp.

Good, now there is 6 teams, which I will arrange into two groups, the top two of each heading into semifinals once the round robins finish.

More details on groups coming up, as soon as Zub chooses another team.

Last edited:
Hamish said:

aus5892
PhilD123
Nathj
The_gas
chitkaar
zub2005

Out of Comp

Cric_craze
ICC 2006

I will, barring dramatic tragedy, play

is it too late to enter this.
if not can i be northamptonshire

aus5892 said:
I will, barring dramatic tragedy, play

Ok, good :)

Zub, im assigning you Somerset, because the_gas quit the comp. Make your team name is Zub's Somerset XI.

This is so I can start the organistation of the comp today.

The Groups (A & B) can be seen attached to this post and the 1st post, and will be updated weekly after fixtures.

Week 1 Fixtures

Saturday 29th July

Hampshire (aus5892) vs Nottinghamshire (PakistanRoks) - 1:30am GMT

Lancashire (thE.ConQurer) vs Warwickshire (WBears) - 10:30am GMT

Both opposing member MUST send me screenshots of the final scorecard to me ([email protected]) to make the match valid.

Attachments

• Groups.JPG
    Groups.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hamish said:
PhilD123, i dont think I have your location, post it ASAP so I can arrange times.

I live in England, I cant do next Sunday at 10:30, I'm going to the england v pakistan test match.

any chance i can play my first match on a weekday the reason being is i play football on sunday mornings and i might be going to a weding on saturday and sunday if thats the case i wont be playing football

PhilD123 said:
I live in England, I cant do next Sunday at 10:30, I'm going to the england v pakistan test match.

You aren't even playing next Sunday (29th) anyway.

Please, anyone who has problems with the times, PM me, otherwise the thread is cluttered with one line queries.

Ok, since Zub can't play this weekend, instead PhilD123 - Warwickshire (WBears) will play against Lancashire (the.conqurer) at 10:30 am GMT on Saturday.

Yorkshire and Somerset will play their 1st match the weekend after (of course, not against eachother, as they are in different groups)

So both matches on Saturday now. Don't hesistate to ask for a change in time, because this Comp wouldnt exist without all of you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread