ICC Champions Trophy 2017

Wonderful batting by Shakib and Mahmuddullah. I always thought Mahmudullah wasn't a good player, despite all the hype surrounding that he's an experienced player. He certainly proved that today with Shakib. At 33/4, I expected Bangladesh to lose. But a marvelous partnership sealed the deal. NZ will be very disappointed that they weren't able to build pressure. I am very suprised Mitchell Mclengahan did not feature in this tournament at all. He did fantastic in the IPL, but of course Milne, who just has pace has to play. One of the mistakes New Zealand committed was not playing Mclenghan. It would've been great to see him bowl alongside Boult and Southee.

The 'business end' starts tomorrow with Australia vs England, then India-SA on Sunday and then Sri Lanka-Pakistan on Monday.

The 3 recent upsets have uplifted the tournament after rain threatened to dismantle it. For the 3 crucial games, I am putting my money on: England, India and Pakistan.

Wonderful batting by Shakib and Mahmuddullah. I always thought Mahmudullah wasn't a good player, despite all the hype surrounding that he's an experienced player. He certainly proved that today with Shakib. At 33/4, I expected Bangladesh to lose. But a marvelous partnership sealed the deal. NZ will be very disappointed that they weren't able to build pressure. I am very suprised Mitchell Mclengahan did not feature in this tournament at all. He did fantastic in the IPL, but of course Milne, who just has pace has to play. One of the mistakes New Zealand committed was not playing Mclenghan. It would've been great to see him bowl alongside Boult and Southee.
Mahmudullah is one of the most underrated batting talent of Bangladesh.He had the skills to become no:3 of BD team,but he had to play the entire career as lower order batting allrounder.If Bangladesh could give him opportunity to play in top order in regular basis from 2010, his batting average would've been around 40-45 in both ODI and Test.I remember in 2010 his average was 40 in test.
Mahmudullah is the cool headed player of Bangladesh team, he is B'deshi version of Rahul Dravid.He never been a star player throughout the career until 2015 WC, where he finally showed his class.

Never thought CT would be so interesting. Even though India got hammered and is in a do or die situation, this tournament just became so interesting.

And has any team in this CT won batting first ? I know India did. Dunno about the rest.

Never thought CT would be so interesting. Even though India got hammered and is in a do or die situation, this tournament just became so interesting.

And has any team in this CT won batting first ? I know India did. Dunno about the rest.
The other day when India beat Pakistan, I read a comment on Cricinfo that Asian cricket is dying. Then, Pak beat South Africa, Bangladesh beat New Zealand, Afghanistan beat West Indies and Sri Lanka beat favoured India.

First Match to be sold out without India in this ICC CT

NO LYNN :/ fearsome tweak ....

Only the Australian (and Pakistani) management would pick Henriques ahead of Lynn.

5bf.jpg

Well, you're delusional if a couple of games make you think otherwise.[DOUBLEPOST=1497094622][/DOUBLEPOST]
Forgot to add for the people who were saying Australia would have lost to NZ if it wasn't for rain! :)

Well, I certainly was not one of them. The situation now is that a team that was given a remarkable hammering by the Aussies could qualify ahead of Australia because of one farcical rain event.

Moises Henriques = Mitchell Marsh :)

Only the Australian (and Pakistani) management would pick Henriques ahead of Lynn.

Australia's management is being a bit sissy about the whole thing and I'll tell you why- The issue is that they don't trust Wade enough and rightly so. He is the biggest weakness in the Aussie side IMHO. I think 6 is a position too high for him and the reason for MH playing ahead of CL is that he can roll his arm over. They pick Lynn they need to get 10 out of Head or Maxwell which is a pretty nice feast for today's batters although they're both underrated bowlers. IMHO, it's a pretty 'un-Aussie' thing to do. If I were DL or SS, I'd put Lynn at the top, drop Finch and play Pattinson.

Australia Explode :/

Need to score 300 runs atleast!

Why on earth is Head still taking singles :/ Exposing Hazlewood :/

Users who are viewing this thread