Story ICC Champions Trophy - England 2004

Who will win the iCC Champions Trophy 2004?

• Total voters

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kenya have replaced banned former captain Maurice Odumbe from their 14-man squad for the ICC Champions Trophy.

_39998716_patel203.jpg

Brijal Patel is drafted in

Odumbe was suspended from cricket for five years after being found guilty of receiving money from a bookmaker.

And his place in the squad now goes to right-handed batsman Brijal Patel.

He was a member of the side which memorably reached the semi-finals of the 2003 World Cup, in which all-rounder Odumbe was a vital player.

Odumbe's lawyer Ishan Kapila said the KCA's decision to drop the player had taken them by surprise, and they will go ahead with their appeal to have the five-year ban lifted.

Leg-spinner Collins Obuya is recovering from an appendix operation and also misses out.

Paceman Josephat Ababu has been recalled to the squad after a three-year absence and three youngsters - batsmen Ragheb Aga and Malhar Patel, plus medium-pacer Morris Ouma - have also been included.

Revised Kenya squad: Steve Tikolo (Capt), Kennedy Obuya (Wkt), Ravindu Shah, Hitesh Modi, Maurice Odumbe, Ragheb Aga, Malhar Patel, Peter Ogondo, Josephat Ababu, Martin Suji, Thomas Odoyo, Morris Ouma, Lamech Onyango, Tony Suji.

Last edited:

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
Vaughan why dont you go with the old Zimbabwean players such as grant flower andy flower because I believe they were playing in icc champoins trophy If i am not mistaken.

Dhoni

School Cricketer
Good start to the story... looking forward mate. Good luck!

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
fardin said:
Vaughan why dont you go with the old Zimbabwean players such as grant flower andy flower because I believe they were playing in icc champoins trophy If i am not mistaken.
no they were not.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan announce squad for ICC Champions Trophy

Pakistan on Saturday recalled popular all-rounder Shahid Afridi to their 14-member squad for the tri-series in the Netherlands and the ICC Champions Trophy in September, cricket officials said.

afridi-appeals-for-lbw.jpg

Allrounder Shahid Afridi is back for Pakistan

?We have recalled Afridi because of his experience and for the need of a leg-spinner in the team, who can also bat,? chief selector Wasim Bari said.

The enigmatic 24-year-old, who holds the record for the fastest one-day century in just 37 balls against Sri Lanka in Kenya in 1997, played the last of his 176 limited-overs internationals against India in March this year but was left out of Pakistan's Asia Cup squad last month.

Opener Imran Nazir and leg-spinner Danish Kaneria were omitted. Also included in the team is left-handed opener Salman Butt, who played his only Test against Bangladesh in Multan last year.

• *Inzamam-ul-Haq
  • Yasir Hameed
  • Imran Farhat
  • Salman Butt
  • Yousuf Youhana
  • Younis Khan
  • +Moin Khan
  • Shoaib Malik
  • Abdur Razzaq
  • Shahid Afridi
  • Shoaib Akhtar
  • Mohammad Sami
  • Shabbir Ahmed
  • Naved-ul-Hasan

crick4life

International Cricketer
Looking good mate, my money is on New Zealand for this tourney.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
i will be looking forward to 2 matches

Australia v New Zealand
India v Pakistan

Users who are viewing this thread