ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Dutch

Bla bla bla bla! Typical troll that doesn't actually want to discuss something but has had a few pints in a pub and gets on a keyboard! Get a life.
Pathetic attempt at anything. Nice one.
Again, learn some humility. your captain can teach you some.

Stereotypes much? Havent drunk a drop of Alcohol for ten years mate.

Anyway I will admit I was wrong: I said England would make it within forty overs....it actually took them just over thirty. My apologies. For any teams who might happen to have recent experience of struggling to bat second and get a low target....that's how you do it!

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm not very confident about the final,we don't have a great record in ODI'S at lords and New Zealand are so unpredictable.I wonder if they will bring back Southee again?

If they play Southee again, I’d bet my house on the fact that England will be winning the trophy without any doubt. :p

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Well, that's how you chase a small total. :wave

Superb performance with ball then bat from England.

Personally, the final is between the teams with the best captains. I'd say England are big favourites, but being an England fan there's part of me that knows it could all go horribly wrong. Any team with Boult, Williamson and Taylor are big threats but also worried if Guptill finds some form. Looking forward to it, hopefully it's less one-sided than the two semi finals.

Consolation for Pakistan fans, you beat both the finalists. So I'd say that makes your fourth best team after Australia. ;)

Bevab

Staff Member
Dominic Sibley seems to be the stand out opener in county cricket at the moment. Given Paul Fabrace is now at Warwickshire, having recently been part of the England set up, there's a chance he might get a go.

The only thing I know about Sibley is that he usually is the first choice opener in CC2019 before a newgen inevitably replaces him, so he must be rather good!

B

Bigby Wolf

I really England's approach today they were clinical right from the start and completely dominated Australia in the semifinal today.

Off to Sunday for the finals now - as a neutral really a tough one to choose from either or New Zealand hopefully the team that plays better cricket wins it.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
so the two teams that won against India are in the finals. Much deserving. I hope its a cracker of a finals and not one sided as today. England do make ODI's look easy. I am really happy to see how they have progressed as a team since the 2015 debacle. Its their home ground, its their pitches. I will though be rooting for NZ as I feel in cricket the NZ team is the most thorough gentlemen team.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
England is hot favorites and deserves to win the World Cup. Undoubtedly the best ODI side in this day and age. By standard and rules definitely, the one who will play better cricket will get the crown. it should be a pressure game in the home ground for England but they should enjoy the classic atmosphere there. They reached to finals after nearly 2 decades. Well done Team England

Newzeland, its a great achievement going into the second straight final of World Cup. Their shot is definitely due at the World. They were the best side back in 92, they were nearly there in 2015 and here comes another opportunity. Its not the best team to win a World Cup but its just a one day of a great play and you will World Champions

D

Dutch

Well, that's how you chase a small total. :wave

Superb performance with ball then bat from England.

Personally, the final is between the teams with the best captains. I'd say England are big favourites, but being an England fan there's part of me that knows it could all go horribly wrong. Any team with Boult, Williamson and Taylor are big threats but also worried if Guptill finds some form. Looking forward to it, hopefully it's less one-sided than the two semi finals.

Consolation for Pakistan fans, you beat both the finalists. So I'd say that makes your fourth best team after Australia. ;)
Yeah the Kiwis have a knack of spoiling the party and I am certainly not writing them off. But their top order is very very fragile and they will need to get a big score if batting first for their bowlers to have something to aim for. I rate their bowlers highly and they have a lot of tricks up their sleeves. But for all the credit the batsmen get on these occasions, the bowling unit has been very very consistent and very ruthless. I think that will make the real difference come Sunday.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Yeah the Kiwis have a knack of spoiling the party and I am certainly not writing them off. But their top order is very very fragile and they will need to get a big score if batting first for their bowlers to have something to aim for. I rate their bowlers highly and they have a lot of tricks up their sleeves. But for all the credit the batsmen get on these occasions, the bowling unit has been very very consistent and very ruthless. I think that will make the real difference come Sunday.
England's biggest weakness (I'd have said that too) before the tournament has proved the crucial factor in getting to the final. Like the batting, it shows the consistency of selection over the last few years is vital. Archer has been a good signing from the West Indies too.

Bevab

Staff Member

Glad to see Woakes performing so well, always thought he was massively underrated by the general public and he’s gone under the radar over the last few months thanks to Plunkett and Rashid’s visible wickets’ column and Wood’s pace alongside Jofra’s X-factor ability. He is the most consistent bowler in this lineup for me.

Users who are viewing this thread