ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Next Sunday does look like there could be rain but its few days away so the weather prediction can change.

I am pretty sure the India New Zealand match will be abandoned and will be a washout.

Can the ICC move the WC out of England already? Pathetic conditions, this WC will be a bigger failure or atleast on the same level as 2007 WC.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1.....0i71j0i13j0i7i10i30j0i8i7i10i30.xYigbClVOu0

https://www.google.com/search?q=man...0j69i57j0l4.5456j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I can never trust Jadeja's batting in limited overs cricket. The only thing we can depend on Jadeja for is outstanding fielding when he steps on a cricket field in limited overs. Shankar's power game is still not that strong that he can finish games for India. People often forget how good Jadhav can be in those crunch moments especially when it comes to finishing games. I think we are playing our best team and I would like India to continue playing them unless we are playing on a green-top with overcast weather.

90% chance of washout for tomorrow! It's madness to not have reserve days. What's the point of this format if you're going to have such lotteries. Both Bangladesh and Lanka fancy one another tomorrow as did SA and WI today. Makes no sense.

What's the next cricket series/tour scheduled after this World Cup? I'd like to move my focus onto that! :rolleyes

The ICC don`t care about common-sense. Not to have reserve days for an event in England is brainless. If we could have them in 1999, no reason why you cannot in 2015. Especially when it's just 1 game each day on most days. This whole week is going to be a washout. Even basic commonsense like short term rescheduling is not something the ICC even considers. Weather forecasts are highly accurate these days and no reason why at least day games cannot be made into afternoon games and so on , given rain seems to ease off in the afternoon to late evening on most days. We need a governing body that cares. This is`nt the first time in England. If CT 2013, CT 2017 could`nt convince them about reserve days, nothing will. In a format where all play all is supposed to be the selling point, rain makes the whole format a bit pointless.

If my memory serves me right, the finals has been scheduled on the same day as that of the Wimbledon final. Peak ICC that!

The BCCI gets a flak for their greed and negative qualities. However, one reason for cricket's popularity in India is that it has become a more professionally handled sport. For example, with the IPL, the governing council is pro-active right through the event. Every year, we have several instances of the matches being shifted at a very short notice due to several reasons (weather, Mah drought, elections, festivals and so on). That, in a massive country like India. The ICC, on the other hand, in a relatively small country like England do not show any degree of dynamicity. This whole week is scheduled to be a washout and its been so for days. If they had the sense to move these games out from say, Bristol to the Oval or Taunton to Lords, I`d have lauded them. It is doable. As for the fans, they could have offered them refunds or free transport etc. The Asian fans would still travel, if they know in advance. The organizers are just lazy and too greedy. If an entire IPL could be moved out of India to SA in a matter of 2 weeks, can a game not be moved between venues of a tiny-sized nation in a week? Lack of will.

Dhawan ruled out for atleast 3 weeks is a major blow for us and will disturb the settled XI now. Rahul might be promoted to open and of the replacement is allowed, I would love to see Pant get into the team at 5 with Dhoni playing at 4.

I don't think playing Shankar (his playing ability would suit too if one thinks) as an opener would be frustrating or whatever . Because we need Rahul at the middle given his recent form and also for his power hitting .

Rahul , MSD & Pandya in the middle are like cream on the cake .

This is a big big blow for us! I would personally just keep Rahul where he is because that's where he has to bat once Dhawan regains fitness and may be fly Pant in and have him open.[DOUBLEPOST=1560244501][/DOUBLEPOST]One minute- Temporary replacements are not permitted. Dhawan will not be allowed to play again if he's replaced. That means Rahul has to open and Shankar at 4. We have no other choice.

First off, Dhawan did a great job playing over 80 balls with a fractured thumb versus a side that has historically always dominated India. To do so without wasting much deliveries and play at such a brisk pace requires such a high level of skill and determination. Kudos to that dedication. :clap

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dhawan himself or the management rushes him to play within a period of two weeks without him being fully fit. In that case, I wouldn’t really replace him for now. We don’t really have a good replacement for him, the closest would be Rahane who was a decent opener and is currently scoring in county, but he doesn’t have the aggression of Dhawan which puts more impetus on Rohit to score quickly. Also, he is the only left handed batsman in this side excluding Jadeja which leaves the lineup a lot more susceptible to wrist spin. Given the hoopla over Shankar being India’s number 4 at the tournament during the selection process, he would probably be the one to play with Rahul moving to open.

What I would like to see though, is Dhoni at 4. This is the perfect opportunity to finally have him there without any qualms, we all know how good he is once he gets his eye in and plays a few deliveries. I also think that it’s more of a mentality problem with Dhoni on starting slowly rather than skill or application, as evidenced by the previous game. Jadhav would be my pick at 5, the man can hit boundaries with his unorthodox style like Carey and unlike him can also play a bigger innings if required. We could then go with any one of Shankar/Jadeja/Dk depending on the situation and opposition.

If it is unlikely that Dhawan gets fit in time for the semis (assuming we get there as favourites) and is only likely to play in the final without match practice, the management needs to go for Pant without any doubt and give him a game or two after he gets acclimatised to the conditions.

Rahul might be promoted to open and of the replacement is allowed, I would love to see Pant get into the team at 5 with Dhoni playing at 4.
I like the idea of swooping in Pant (although as stated above seems unlikely) but I wouldn't want to see Rahul open. Middle order is where he should be and his innings against SA was a very important one even though he didn't get to convert it to a 50. He looked fairly comfortable at that spot and would want him to continue there.

So another washout on the cards. Well done ICC, we as fans knew few days earlier that the weather looks bleak for Ban SL match.. obviously who are we correct? Absolutely pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread