ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Build a sold foundation and then don't hold your big guns back. They are doubly effective if they've been in for 30 odd balls. If they get out, they could get out even in the end.

The same thing I have been saying since last 6 months and everyone was critical of it.

A great win for India. Beating Australia, who have looked very solid so far, is commendable. It should augur well for future matches in the tournament.

India really do have a tough beginning with matches against strong sides and with NZ and Pakistan to follow, it would be great if we can pocket those so that there would be room for some slip ups later during the tournament.

I think the turning point in yesterday's match was Warner's wicket. Even though he played a cautious innings, I think it was fine as he could easily have made up for it later on - just the way Rohit does. He was showing signs of shifting gears, so the wicket came at the right moment.

Another plus point was Hardik's promotion. Had he failed, I would still have backed that decision. It was also refreshing to see Dhoni scoring at the rate that he was.

Overall, a good match as it could have gone either way had one or two moments not panned the way they did.

A very good balanced win, personally I like how responsibly Rohit is batting valuing his wicket. Dhawan-Rohit are key to our batting going forward, these two putting up a decent opening partnership even of around 75+ will ease up the pressure on Kohli. Although I think we still rely on our top 3, with Dhoni in there arriving later we get a good balance since I won't rely much on Pandya/Jadhav to bat maturely or chase a big total with less wickets in hand. Plus KL's inclusion makes our batting unstoppable. Overall our batting is not at all a concern, and will get us to the semis at the very least.

Our bowling wasn't really great against Australia, very average compared to our performance over the years. I expect them to win it for us in the upcoming games.

SA are cornered. I expect them to come out punching. Faf is a very proud SA like his friend AB and I expect a big performance from him today. Watch out![DOUBLEPOST=1560158892][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't want to get ahead of myself, but the template with which India plays, I feel very strongly that Shankar should replace Jadhav.

This is absolute shit! Rain once again, this is such a crucial match for South Africa and West Indies both. South Africa losing this would mean they are almost out and West Indies would love to win this match after their narrow loss against the Aussies. Come on tweaking ICC, never ever have the tournament in England from next time ffs.

SA are cornered. I expect them to come out punching. Faf is a very proud SA like his friend AB and I expect a big performance from him today. Watch out![DOUBLEPOST=1560158892][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't want to get ahead of myself, but the template with which India plays, I feel very strongly that Shankar should replace Jadhav.

If we get more pitches like the one against Australia, I'd want Jadeja to replace Jadhav. If its a seamers wicket, Shankar for Jadhav. I kinda think Jadhav's utility in the XI might have gone down with the arrival of Rahul in the middle order and also with the improvement of Jadeja's batting form and Shankar's selection.

If we get more pitches like the one against Australia, I'd want Jadeja to replace Jadhav. If its a seamers wicket, Shankar for Jadhav. I kinda think Jadhav's utility in the XI might have gone down with the arrival of Rahul in the middle order and also with the improvement of Jadeja's batting form and Shankar's selection.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Jadeja not even Vijay Shankar in place of Jadhav and we have a nice 6th bowling option, a decent batter and a fantastic fielder. I am so so disappointed so far with this Rain, South Africa although will get a point, would have loved to get a win today.

I am already leaning more towards one wrist spinner but I get the logic of playing two i.e proven success. Jadeja would mean an overkill of spin. These tracks are very seamer friendly in my book.

Oh SA, world cups and rain! When will thy part?

With the sort of performance they have given so far in the tournament, honestly I don't think South Africa deserves to be amongst the top 4. If this match gets washed out it will be Windies who will be at a loss rather than South Africa

Another abandoned game. Tomorrow's forecast isn't great either.[DOUBLEPOST=1560179993][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pretty sure they would be blessing the rain in this particular circumstance.

I think SA had a fair crack at it today.

Users who are viewing this thread