ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I cannot believe Maxwell has come in to bat when he has. Specially with Ponting in the think tank. Why are teams so obsessed with conserving their gun players?

I don’t understand the concept of comparing the last 20 overs of an ODI game to a T20 by most commentators. There’s no powerplay, you have a lot more overs from your best bowlers and the ball’s got the potential to reverse. I’m not even considering factors like the two bouncers per over, fatigue, pitches in most T20s being a flat deck etc. And most importantly, unless teams head into the last twenty overs of an ODI without losing a wicket or losing one at most, you would already be in a more riskier position.

This guy makes it look so easy when he is on song, Maxwell! Bhuvi needs to keep his head on his shoulders as his 5 overs are going to be crucial, very crucial. Nowadays, 10-12 an over is easily achievable and they have 7 wickets in hand. Carey and Stoinis can hit a few too whatever form they are in. Suddenly we look clueless and he has just begun his innings...

Now you can see the effect rubbing off on Smith. India have let it slip here, absolutely clueless in a matter of 4 overs.

Lol Inside edge, outside edge goes to four but as Sangakkara said who cares ? Runs are Runs doesn't matter how they come.

Need a wicket asap... Need Maxwell and Smith

Anyone else think seeing the body language of the Indian players, they thought they had already won? They look very casual.

This guy makes it look so easy when he is on song, Maxwell! Bhuvi needs to keep his head on his shoulders as his 5 overs are going to be crucial, very crucial. Nowadays, 10-12 an over is easily achievable and they have 7 wickets in hand. Carey and Stoinis can hit a few too whatever form they are in. Suddenly we look clueless and he has just begun his innings...

Carey really is the last player I’d call a slogger, especially in ODIs.

Crucial wicket there, hopefully this calms some nerves out there.

And there’s the game nearly done. Indian fans really must be some of the most pessimistic group of fans out there. :rolleyes

You lot make laughing sport at him but Mitchell Marsh is a far better ODI player than Stoinis. Better batsman and better with the ball. Not picking him in the squad and not having another all rounder to play in place of Stoinis will be very costly

Last edited:
I’ve been quite critical of him in the past, but Kohli’s captaincy has been pretty good today, especially with how he’s used the bowlers.

I’ve been quite critical of him in the past, but Kohli’s captaincy has been pretty good today, especially with how he’s used the bowlers.
Yeah will be interesting to know what he did after IPL was done? Looks really calm,composed and a lot proactive in the WC even read the conditions perfectly in both the games.

Users who are viewing this thread