ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don’t think your batting was to blame for most of the series though. At most, I would have blamed Babar for not batting as aggressively as someone of his class ought to have or for failing to capitalise on those starts he got. Bowling has always been the weakness of this side in recent times, but Shadab and Amir could potentially change things up today. Given that England also need to make a record chase successfully with the pressure of a WC game after a poor show with the ball and on the field, I’d say that you guys stand a fair chance.
Obviously bowling was weak but each time Pakistan were looking to get 380+ they were short in the last few overs.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Yeah I think Pakistan could have got to 360 or 370 I think 348 is decent score here and the bowlers got a decent score to defend now.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Starting with Shadab is a breath of fresh air and looks like its done the trick for Pakistan. Excellent move by Sarfraz after many matches.
Agree, a good move that paid off. England losing an early wicket and now time to see if they can still continue hitting bowlers and scoring fast.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Boys
England chased those 300/350+ totals against Pakistan in the previous series, but that was a different bowling line. No Shadab, Wahab or Amir.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I think Pakistan have got at least 25 runs short here. But they've made a good start till now. With Root, Morgan, Stokes, Buttler, Ali, Woakes to come, Pakistan need to keep plugging away at the wickets and cannot stop. That's why this is going to be a herculean effort for them to win this.

I'd be surprised if they win but again you never know with Pakistan!

Big difference, this is the World Cup!

But this is a round robin league phase with just the 2nd game (of 9) for both teams. I dont think WC pressure is yet to kick in for either of them.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
One thing people always underestimate is the pressure of a WC game. England might have chased a lot of 300+ scores in the recent past but this different. This is WC and there is always an added pressure on any team who is chasing a target that is this big. This pitch also isn't as flat as people made it out to be. There is some turn for spinners and the ball did move around a bit initially when Amir was bowling. It's now just about being smart and fielding well for Pakistan. I will be very surprised if England actually wins this.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
People will hoot around about the Pakistan batting, but it is their bowling up to this point that's winning them this game so far. The two left armers have been OUTSTANDING.

I believed Morgan missed a trick not bowling Rashid earlier because Zaman's dismissal made it evident that there was grip and turn in the wicket. Shadab and those two offies will be hard to plug.

I would honestly bowl Malik and Hafeez in random here and not be of the mindset to bowl them just 10.

It wouldn't have been bad idea for Morgan to bowl Root a few here as well..

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Hasan Ali has not looked 25% the bowler off the CT. Been bowling up and down stuff.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Good from Sarfaraz! No need to be over smart here, he can easily get the wobbly overs out of the way!

Users who are viewing this thread