PS3: ICC Cricket World Cup (ODI)

Which team will win the ICC Cricket World Cup?

• Total voters
Afghanistan (bvnr) vs Pakistan (rizzyx) - Asia Cup ODI - Colombo

Pakistan and Afghanistan got the Asia cup under way on Friday night. Pakistan won the toss and put Afghanistan in to bat knowing that the trend has favoured the side chasing to go on and win the match.

Afghanistan struggled to get going and were undone by a spectacular spell from Abdul Razzaq who got figures of 22/5 from his 5 overs. Afghanistan were bowled out for 118. The score was a modest one and you would expect Pakistan to chase it down without any trouble. It was not to be so, in fact Afghanstan had Pakistan at the brink of being humiliated when they were restricted to 32/7. Afghanistan banked on the medium pacers and fast medium pacers and they posed many problems to the Pakistan top order. However captain Shahid Afridi and Mohammad Sami bought Pakistan back into the contest with a 8th wicket partnership of 43. Still the game was for anyone to take when the partnership was broken with the key man Afridi back in the shed and the score at 75/8. Sami went on to build another valuable partnership of 31 with Wahab Riaz, leaving 12 to win for the last pair, and the last pair crossed the line giving Pakistan a very narrow 1 wicket victory. Afghanistan played some brilliant cricket and will feel hard done not to have gone on to win after having Pakistan 32/7.

Scores:
Afghanistan: 118/10 (20.3 Overs)
Pakistan: 119/9 (23 Overs)
Result: Pakistan won by 1 wicket.
MOM: Abdul Razzaq

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Last edited:
Pakistan (Rizzyx) vs Bangladesh (Al_Amin) - Asia Cup ODI - Colombo

The second match of the Asia cup took place between Pakistan and Bangladesh. Pakistan came into the match with some good momentum after prevailing in the low scoring thriller against Afghanistan. This time Bangladesh won the all important toss and put Pakistan into bat. These sides had met in ODI's 4 times prior to this encounter and on all 4 occasions the team batting first went to lose the game.

Pakistan were in trouble immediately losing both Hafeez and Younis Khan for first ball ducks. The batsman barring Nasir Jamshed who was solid as a rock really struggled to time the ball on a difficult batting track, and 4 dismissals came with the batsman nicking behind to the keeper. Pakistan tried to put away the shots out side off stump and tried playing towards the on side but this was to little avail to as Kamran Akaml was out pulling a short delivery off the middle of the bat only for it to be caught at square leg. Pakistan kept losing wickets and with only Jamshed holding up one side they managed to get to 77 before Jamshed mistimed Shakib to give him a comfortable caught and bowled. R Hossain was the pick of the bowlers bagging a fiver the second of the competition after Abdul Razzaq picked up five against Afghanistan in the opening match.

Pakistan were down and out at the half way mark with only 77 to defend but captain Shahid Afridi fired up his men and got them to give it their best. The opening bowlers produced a great start, and after 10 overs the score was a mere 19 for the loss of the 3 wickets with Bangladesh struggling to find scoring opportunities. Captain Rahim got stuck in and built a very valuable 40 run partnership for the 4th wicket to take Bangladesh to 52 before Pakistan finally got the breakthrough. But by this stage Bangladesh only required a further 26 and Rahim was still going strong. The pacers were beginning to lose their affect and Afridi introduced himself into the attack, and he obliged immediately producing the edge to remove Rahim for a solid 37 from 46 balls. Afridi went on to pick up another two wickets and perhaps created a slight moment of panic for Bangladesh with the score at 72 for 7. But it was always going to be near impossible to win it from this stage and Bangladesh managed to reach the target without losing any further wickets handing them a 3 wicket victory. Afridi wll wonder why he never introduced himself into the attack earlier as he also troubled Bangladesh in the previous warm up match.

Pakistan now have 1 win and 1 loss from their two matches. Another loss for them may well end their hopes of a spot in the semi final, though it still may be possible depending on the other results of the competition.

Scores:
Pakistan: 77/10 (20.3 Overs)
Bangladesh: 79/9 (21.3 Overs)
Result: Bangladesh won by 3 wickets.
MOM: R Hossain.

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Last edited:
Great match guys. :clap
Hope we get more high scoring matches now. :cheers[DOUBLEPOST=1408343304][/DOUBLEPOST]
At the close of the first session of play Kenya are 184/8 after Kenya attacked in the start of play which found Kenya in a dominante position 59/0 in 4 overs the Irish bowlers fought back bravely to have Kenya on the ropes at 184/8
Is this match over? @francisjery and @Ishaan k

ICC+Cricket+World+Cup+2015+Ticket+Pricing+o0nM789e-0Sl.jpg

So it's confirmed that 14 teams will take part for this beautiful trophy which will start from 28th September 2014.

Here are the Groups:

GROUP A |GROUP B
:ire: Ireland |
NET.png
Netherlands
:pak: Pakistan |:ind: India
:ban: Bangladesh |:aus: Australia
:sri: Sri Lanka |:afg: Afghanistan
:nz: New Zealand |:wi: West Indies
:zim: Zimbabwe |:saf: South Africa
:eng: England |:ken: Kenya

Groups were decided with the help of this Random Item / Person selector / Generator fruit machine
Fixtures will be announced soon.

@bvnr410 @Cricz25 @AL_Amin @lonewolf5646 @Ishaan k @francisjery @SamP @Solomon @RIZZYX @issue @chaman82 @kushari @DavidTheMan

Rishabh..I am here only.Couldnt read the messages.WOuld you be uploading the Nepal team so I could start ASAP?? and I dont find Nepal in the Worldcup fixture :(

Rishabh is it possible to add the manager name next to each team in the group table?

Also me and lonewolf cannot connect to each other, we have tried a few times, the only ever time we did manage to connect it was the most laggy and buggy game I have come across. May be consider switching one of us to group B.

Lastly regarding vinit, please add Nepals team so Vinit can join the Asia cup. I dont think anyone has onjection to it. Plus maybe allow the option of 1 more team joining the world cup so Vinit can take part. (There is at least 1 manager who is a total stranger and I suspect he may dissapear, so in this case vinit can take over)

Group A:
Pakistan: Rizzyx
Srilanka: chaman82
Bangladesh: Al_Amin
England: Lonewolf
New Zealand: Solomon
Ireland: Ishan
Zimbabwe: David

Group B:
India: Rishabh96
Afghanistan: bvnr
West Indies: kushari
Australia: cricz25
Kenya: francis
Netharlands: Samp
South Africa: issue

Group A is the group of death.

Rishabh..I am here only.Couldnt read the messages.WOuld you be uploading the Nepal team so I could start ASAP?? and I dont find Nepal in the Worldcup fixture :(

Okay bro I am adding you as manager of Nepal. I will update my squad list and will add that team in downloads so that you can download it quickly. Also if you are on whatsapp then message your number to @RIZZYX he will add you in whatsapp group.

Also bro if you want, you can start your matches of Asia Cup after I upload your team.

Your opponents:

@RIZZYX - Pakistan
@chaman82 - Sri Lanka
@AL_Amin - Bangladesh
@bvnr410 - Afghanistan
@rishabh96 - India (That's me)

All the best bro and welcome to this tournament :)

Rishabh is it possible to add the manager name next to each team in the group table?

Also me and lonewolf cannot connect to each other, we have tried a few times, the only ever time we did manage to connect it was the most laggy and buggy game I have come across. May be consider switching one of us to group B.

Lastly regarding vinit, please add Nepals team so Vinit can join the Asia cup. I dont think anyone has onjection to it. Plus maybe allow the option of 1 more team joining the world cup so Vinit can take part. (There is at least 1 manager who is a total stranger and I suspect he may dissapear, so in this case vinit can take over)

I will add all names now. Secondly I can't remove any user as all are active. I had a talk with all owners and they replied me. This means we need one more team ie. 16th team which is according to me will be brilliant. I can use T20 World Cup format which will decrease number of matches.

The only user who can be the 16th owner is @arjwiz according to me but I think he is not interested. I need one more owner. Let's see who will be our 16th owner.

Okay bro I am adding you as manager of Nepal. I will update my squad list and will add that team in downloads so that you can download it quickly. Also if you are on whatsapp then message your number to @RIZZYX he will add you in whatsapp group.

Also bro if you want, you can start your matches of Asia Cup after I upload your team.

Your opponents:

@RIZZYX - Pakistan
@chaman82 - Sri Lanka
@AL_Amin - Bangladesh
@bvnr410 - Afghanistan
@rishabh96 - India (That's me)

All the best bro and welcome to this tournament :)

I will add all names now. Secondly I can't remove any user as all are active. I had a talk with all owners and they replied me. This means we need one more team ie. 16th team which is according to me will be brilliant. I can use T20 World Cup format which will decrease number of matches.

The only user who can be the 16th owner is @arjwiz according to me but I think he is not interested. I need one more owner. Let's see who will be our 16th owner.
Thanks a lot Rishabh..and if we dont find find the 16th player I will make sure to drag someone in or maybe eliminate one of the 14 amongst you :) Please let me know when you uploaded the team , I am ready to start even now :) I am already in the whatsapp group and in touch with the guys there

Thanks a lot Rishabh..and if we dont find find the 16th player I will make sure to drag someone in or maybe eliminate one of the 14 amongst you :) Please let me know when you uploaded the team , I am ready to start even now :) I am already in the whatsapp group and in touch with the guys there
You will get your team in 60 minutes from now. :)
Add me on PSN as well: rishabhtandon96

done!and thanks!btw which name would the team be loaded by?rishabhtandon96 I guess?

Users who are viewing this thread