PS3: ICC Cricket World Cup (ODI)

Which team will win the ICC Cricket World Cup?

• Total voters
I will use that random name generator and this time I will record it so that it will be fair. :)

Sure thing mate, can I recommend using the seedings anyway to keep groups fairly even (they're just based on ICC rankings)? Don't worry too much about recording it, it's not that I don't trust you or anything.

Last edited:
Sure thing mate, can I recommend using the seedings anyway to keep groups fairly even (they're just based on ICC rankings)? Don't worry too much about recording it, it's not that I don't trust you or anything.
Actually its not about teams. I find every team equal here to be honest. All are playing good so that's why considering ICC rankings are not that fair according to me.

Actually its not about teams. I find every team equal here to be honest. All are playing good so that's why considering ICC rankings are not that fair according to me.
@rishabh96 you seem to have missed by question.Please have a look and let me know??:)

Last edited:
@rishabh96 : Is India free for a small tour of AU. May be a couple of T20s.

@Cricz25 New Zealand will be happy to tour Australia after the Hadlee Series. Let me know.

Sure Solomon. Let me know once you are done with Hadlee Series.

Didn't get you buddy.

@rishabh96
Hey Rishabh, sorry I had to leave mid game but I had some guests.When I came back you had already logged off. We will continue tommorow if I am able to make it or surely the day after.

One thing I would like to bring to your notice.I aint complaining or cribbing but I noticed that Nepal has only one star skills thats even less than Afghan which has 2 stars.My top order batsmen have the skills of a 3 star tailender.I try to bat patiently but every ball is a fight and all it takes is a tiny mistiming on my side to be either clean bowled or caught behind.
Hitting lofted shots is just out of the question for a low skilled team since even if you time it fair enough, you are most likely to be caught.And the thing is even a team like Nepal or Afghan would have atleast a couple of batsmen who are actually good and at par with the rest of the world. I realize that since I joined late I am stuck with Nepal but somehow this doesnt seem fair since its the managers skills that are to be rewarded and not the team skills exactly.Having a better skilled team automatically tilts the balance in the opponents favor.

This is just a discrepancy that I noticed and it does get frustrating when you lose wickets in a cluster.Having said that I am willing to continue on the same line up if you guys feel its fair.

@rishabh96

Well played you too.

Didn't get you buddy.

I am busy in Asia Cup. Ask @SamP or @DavidTheMan who are not part of any tour right now.

He (Vinit) posted something on the previous page. Its regarding the skills set of lower ranked teams.

I personally agree with him, how can you expect someone with a 1 star team to bat out yorkers, over after overs nonstop or play/find gaps offside when there are already NINE fielders there protecting that area. (Even vinit os gulty of trying the latter against me).

Last edited:
Hey Rishabh, sorry I had to leave mid game but I had some guests.When I came back you had already logged off. We will continue tommorow if I am able to make it or surely the day after.

One thing I would like to bring to your notice.I aint complaining or cribbing but I noticed that Nepal has only one star skills thats even less than Afghan which has 2 stars.My top order batsmen have the skills of a 3 star tailender.I try to bat patiently but every ball is a fight and all it takes is a tiny mistiming on my side to be either clean bowled or caught behind.
Hitting lofted shots is just out of the question for a low skilled team since even if you time it fair enough, you are most likely to be caught.And the thing is even a team like Nepal or Afghan would have atleast a couple of batsmen who are actually good and at par with the rest of the world. I realize that since I joined late I am stuck with Nepal but somehow this doesnt seem fair since its the managers skills that are to be rewarded and not the team skills exactly.Having a better skilled team automatically tilts the balance in the opponents favor.

This is just a discrepancy that I noticed and it does get frustrating when you lose wickets in a cluster.Having said that I am willing to continue on the same line up if you guys feel its fair.
Man what can I do? Its a real squad and Nepal is not strong team. On the other hand Afghanistan is better in real life. I am sorry but I can't do anything. If higher teams are available soon then I will let you know.[DOUBLEPOST=1408533163][/DOUBLEPOST]If you guys have any suggestion then let me know. I would love to solve this and make it fair for everyone.

Man what can I do? Its a real squad and Nepal is not strong team. On the other hand Afghanistan is better in real life. I am sorry but I can't do anything. If higher teams are available soon then I will let you know.[DOUBLEPOST=1408533163][/DOUBLEPOST]If you guys have any suggestion then let me know. I would love to solve this and make it fair for everyone.
One way of making it fair for everyone would be to make every team equal skilled.Just a suggestion.
And as for Afghan being better than Nepal, that is debatable.Both are not test playing nations and in the recently concluded t20 worldcup Nepal actually defeated both Hongkong and Afghan, and almost cameup with a victory against Bangladesh.If anything I would say both Nepal and Afghan are on the same level

Again I think we are getting mixed up betwee real life teams and virtul ones.Real life teams depend on their players, for our virtual teams it should not depend on the skill of the players but rather the skills of the team manager.If a good skilled manager is given a Nepal team with skill equal to otherteam I dont see any reason why Nepal couldnt win the world cup :)

Equaling lower ranked team skills with the elitee is a big no from me. That's unrealistic. Vinit we have no option but play with these team that were available for us. We cannot blame rishabh for this, we've joined late. I guess what rishabh96 could do is, incret nepals ranking from 1 star to 2 star and afghan to 2.5?

Equaling lower ranked team skills with the elitee is a big no from me. That's unrealistic. Vinit we have no option but play with these team that were available for us. We cannot blame rishabh for this, we've joined late. I guess what rishabh96 could do is, incret nepals ranking from 1 star to 2 star and afghan to 2.5?
Dont get me wrong, I am not blaming Rishabh at all. I realize how much effort and hard work goes into maintaining this league and I am thankful to be given an opportunity to be a part. I was just pointing out what I felt was unfair.But like I said earlier I am game to play with 1star team too..but its not actually a correct measure of which manager is better when one of them is already gifted with a better skilled team and I think the point of the league is competition amongst managers to see which one is the best of all to win the world cup.
But fair enough, guess I came late so I cant choose.I will stick to this

Users who are viewing this thread