PS3: ICC Cricket World Cup (ODI)

Which team will win the ICC Cricket World Cup?

• Total voters
Rishabh as you are told, there is an error in the NRR calculation. If the batting team gets all out within the alloted overs then the NRR will be calculated for entire 50 overs and not for the number of overs they played.

Example: In Kenya's match against New Zealand, Kenya batted first and were all out for 160 in 21.4 overs and the New Zealand were all out for 140 in 20.5 overs

SO the NRR for Kenya should be

=(160/50) - (140/50)

= +0.40

But you have updated as +4.58. Can you please check your formula for NRR once again
Yea I know the formula but sometimes I forgot to take 50 overs and to be honest this is for the first time I am handling this professionally but thank you for pointing my mistake :)

ASIA CUP
Bangladesh Vs Nepal

Bangladesh met Nepal in their first ever ODI match against each other on a Grassy Colombo ground. the pitch offered a lot of pace and uneven bounce for the fast bowlers & without hesitation the Bangladeshi Captain chose to bowl first after wining the Toss. Rubel Hossain proved his captain decision to bowl first was a right call by removing N Budhayer plumb in front in the 2nd over of the match. The nepali top order batsman found life though as they could never push on from there on, they kept losing Wickets at regular interval and were eventually bowled out for a modest total of 87.

Bangladesh was recently bowled out for 80 runs in chase of 118 against neplal, in a warm up match so they could never take their opponent lightly. The Bangladeshi openers come out to bat with instruction from the team management to preserve their wicket as they needed to win by a big margin to improve their NRR. Both Tamim and Nafees obliged, as they played their shots with minimal risk, nudging the ball for singles and doubles and the occasional boundary all over the ground. Sahriar nafees was lbw'd by a deceiving ball from J. Mukhya on his teams score at 82 but by then the match was as good as over for the Nepalis. Bangladesh won by 9 Wickets with lots of overs to spare.

Good stuff amin, you just have chaman to go now.

My match vs Srilanka is as good as lost, and unless i get a good score my NRR will take a massive hit.

Then i need to win both my remaining matches vs rishabh and vinit, and even then it will come down to NRR with Bangladesh if they lose to Srilanka.

Looking very bleak.

Asia cup

Srilanka vs Nepal
Srilanka win by 87 runs

Attachments

• IMG_20140824_013451.jpg
    IMG_20140824_013451.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20140824_013443.jpg
    IMG_20140824_013443.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20140824_013432.jpg
    IMG_20140824_013432.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 22
England played their final preliminary match with Kenya and it was a redemption game for them after losing to Kenya in previous game by 8 runs

England won the toss and chose to field finn and stokes started off with very good line and length bowling and that paid off Kenya never settled and lost wickets at regular intervals their top oder was cleaned by stokes who took 4 early wickets odoyo then showed some resilience but he was the lone warrior as Kenya kept on losing wickets and woakes took 4 wickets in middle overs
Kenya finally bundled out for 84

Was looking like an easy chase but England lost wicket on the first ball of the innings they then build some good partnerships but still lost wickets at regular intervals pieterson scored a quick 20 odd runs and put England on course to finally win by 4 wickets

Result : England won by 4 wickets

Attachments

• IMG-20140825-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20140825-WA0006.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20140825-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20140825-WA0004.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG-20140825-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20140825-WA0002.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 3
Hadlee Series

New Zealand (@Solomon) vs Kenya (Francis) (2nd preliminary match)

New Zealand won the toss and elected to bat first. Oluoch gave early break through by taking two quick wickets within seven runs. Batsman started to settle till the spinners came into attack. Kamande and Tikolo gave all sort of trouble to the batsmen and took regular wickets. Nathan McCullum played a brilliant innings to take the score more than 100 runs. But unfortunately he missed out his half century by one run. Kamande bowled a brilliant ball to take his wicket and end the New Zealand innings at 137 runs

Aga and Gudhka played a fantastic innings and made an opening stand of 77 runs. Aga played a blazing innings of 75*(46) to get Kenya reach the score within 16 overs.

NZ_vs_Ken_Main.jpg

NZ_vs_Ken_1.jpg

NZ_vs_Ken_2.jpg

@francisjery can we play our game tommorow at 16:30 EDT

@Ishaan k and @francisjery you guys need to complete your 1st leg odi latest tonight by midnight gmt. Ishaan you have 3 more games to complete. Please complete those games asap as we need to move on. Puneet has completed all his matches, Francis - 4 and myself 5. Failing to complete the 1st Odi before tonight will result in Francis given a win.

Your response will be very much appreciated.

Sorry guys I am not active in this thread that much and also I am not playing as I am out of station. I will be back by thursday and ready to play 2 ODIs in a single day and will update points table as well but if anyone else is interested to update that then let me know soon.

@Solomon I contacted francis this morning he told me he was free from 7 pm ist but he did not give a precise time where we could play

Hadlee Series

Ireland (@Ishaan k ) vs Kenya (Francis)

Kenya - 214/10 (21.0 Overs)
Ireland - 117/10 (18.2 Overs)

Kenya won the match by 97 runs

Kenya_vs_Ireland_Main.jpg

Kenya_vs_Ireland_1.jpg

Kenya_vs_Ireland_2.jpg

@Solomon looks like following table is the current point status for Hadlee Series as of now

Hadlee.jpg

England and Kenya are already through to finals and the other teams don't have enough matches to qualify. Can we skip the remaining league matches and play the Finals by this weekend and finish the series as soon as possible.

As we discussed we can move on the following T20 Triangular Series after finishing the final

Australia (@Cricz25) vs New Zealand (@Solomon) vs Kenya (@francisjery)

Users who are viewing this thread