ICC World T20 India 2016 - March/April 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Climber

School Cricketer
Hi guys,
Team India is looking ferocious just like 2011 World Cup. After defeating Australia 3-0 in T20 tournament in their home and superb performances in Asia cup (hopefully we will win this one too), I would say we are the best t20 team in the world. But does that mean we will also do great in ODIs (50overs)? Are we ready for 2019 World Cup? Let's discuss.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Hi guys,
Team India is looking ferocious just like 2011 World Cup. After defeating Australia 3-0 in T20 tournament in their home and superb performances in Asia cup (hopefully we will win this one too), I would say we are the best t20 team in the world. But does that mean we will also do great in ODIs (50overs)? Are we ready for 2019 World Cup? Let's discuss.

Buddy, you're comparing two different things here. 2011 World Cup was at home, so is the current T20 one. 2019 is still far away and the team's core hasn;t been fixed as yet. The conditions there are totally different. As of now, the bowling looks good, the top order stills needs some time to settle. We've still got some erratic player especially our openers. The middle order needs serious re-work and we'd in all probability be taking a new wicket-keeper to England. That team would be set somewhere by the end of 2017 and they'd have to perform.

Also bear in mind that the World Cup would be played in a round robin format. On really needs to see whether we can maintain our intensity throughout the campaign.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Mark Nicholas just put an article that Who will challenge India in India, I would say very logically "Pakistan" :)

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
So business is about to pick up and I think we will see just how far the English t20 side have progressed. It will be a curious tournament, with India obvious favourites but with Sri Lanka's abysmal for, Pakistani batsmen not being able to buy a run and SA looking topsy turvy, I'm not sure who can actually challenge them. England...Australia (never bale to fully adjust to the format)?

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
SAF looking topsy turvy? They have won 5 T20s in a row. They have managed to cross the finish line in close games - possible solutions found to the C-word.

I think they are definitely very strong contenders for the trophy

stefan

International Coach
For SA the middle order is still a concern with duminy and rr not having done enough. But all the areas have contributed at different times. Question marks still over who opens with ab, amla or qdk and whether steyn plays in place of abbot. But the side looks well settled and certainly in with a chance.

India would still be favorites for the tournament playing at home but think SA will be up there.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I don't think South Africa is too far off the favourite tag. They beat India in India last year. Yes, we didn't have many players that have been brought in since but still they are a very strong team and they seem to know how to come back even when the opposition has got off to a great start. I would say South Africa are right up there with India as favourite to win this WC that is of course if they can get past that semi-final stage.

bigred

Club Captain
I'm going for SA as champions. Just peaking at the right time. Stefan is right in that the 4 and 5 are the only real problem. They have all other bases covered. Will be interesting to see if Steyn does walk straight back into the side. Would be a harsh call in Abbott but at the end of the day, Abbott isn't as good. I reckon it's possible that the selectors will ease Steyn in gently and perhaps only pick him in two of the group matches.

cricketmad09

International Coach
The conduct and decision making of the Australian selectors have been shocking leading into the world cup. They've all but killed any chance of us winning. Constantly chopping and changing the side when they should be figuring out their best combination.

In todays match if Nevill bats any higher than 10 then it proves that the selectors just don't understand T20 cricket.

stefan

International Coach
I'm going for SA as champions. Just peaking at the right time. Stefan is right in that the 4 and 5 are the only real problem. They have all other bases covered. Will be interesting to see if Steyn does walk straight back into the side. Would be a harsh call in Abbott but at the end of the day, Abbott isn't as good. I reckon it's possible that the selectors will ease Steyn in gently and perhaps only pick him in two of the group matches.

Ideally I would abbot in the side as well as he is a better bowler then either morris or wiese but in t20 cricket the value they bring with the bat probably edge it. They will need to work on the extras from yesterday that was rather disappointing but I guess you rather have one of those performances now then in the world. Also please no behardien again cost us 10-15 runs with his plodding around in the death overs and then the dreadfull fielding in the final over.

I am fairly happy with the team but there is the odd weakness but I guess you can say that about all sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread