If Rashid Latif can be banned why not Michael Clarke?

No, he gave Dravid not out when he nearly took that catch in the first innings.

no that is because he wasnt sure, thats why i said before that it is hard for the person catching the ball to make the decision if the ball carried. and in that case it should be the TV ump that makes that decision.

ponting had no business being involved in that decision both times the TV umpire should have been used.

no that is because he wasnt sure, thats why i said before that it is hard for the person catching the ball to make the decision if the ball carried. and in that case it should be the TV ump that makes that decision.

ponting had no business being involved in that decision both times the TV umpire should have been used.

The umpire asked him! You could see it!
Its Bensons fault, not Pontings or Clarkes.

the umpire asked who? ponting? are you talking about Clarks catch or Pontings?

Clarkes catch when Ponting put the finger up to tell Benson Ganguly was out... Benson was looking at Ponting as if to ask if Clarke caught it. So dont blame Ponting or Clarke, blame Benson for not going up to the 3rd umpire.

ofcourse the umps are to blame the most in this but Ponting should not have even done that he should have just told the ump to check with the Tv umpire.

if he was so sure that Clarke caught it than he should have had no problem with the TV ump making that decision.

No point going up to the 3rd umpire when he knew Clarke caught it. Waste of time. If he knew he caught it why ask the umpire to go upstairs?

ofcourse the umps are to blame the most in this but Ponting should not have even done that he should have just told the ump to check with the Tv umpire.

if he was so sure that Clarke caught it than he should have had no problem with the TV ump making that decision.

Blame the umpire not Ponting or clarke

id say dont blame anyone, fair enough india had an unlucky test
but think back to 05 when Australia had some shocking decisions in tghe Ashes its what makes cricket good.

Everyone including the umpires are only human and its not going to do anyone any good having a whinge

because its is not his decison to make, if he was to stick to his code of being fair he should have asked for the TV ump.

you know Matt me and you can argue about this one for a long time lol, but i will say that it should not have even come to this. This all goes back on the ICC and their rules, this is just a mockery of the ICC and the way they do things.

because its is not his decison to make, if he was to stick to his code of being fair he should have asked for the TV ump.

you know Matt me and you can argue about this one for a long time lol, but i will say that it should not have even come to this. This all goes back on the ICC and their rules, this is just a mockery of the ICC and the way they do things.

Lol yeah... But can I add one thing? Did Kumble agree to the pre-tour policy of accepting the fielders word? Because if he did then the umpire shouldn't have even had to tell Ganguly he was out. Ganguly was the one not showing sportsmenship by not going off after the fielder claimed the catch.

im still surprised noone has mentioned the catch ponting tried to claim,
where obviously he grounded the ball and still carried on appealing

im still surprised noone has mentioned the catch ponting tried to claim,
where obviously he grounded the ball and still carried on appealing

Honestly, after seeing Ricky Ponting's version of "sportsmanship" I think Steve Waugh can be given sainthood.

Ricky Ponting has earned himself the reputation of being the most unsportsmanlike captain of Australia.

Even Mark Taylor has criticized the Australians' attitude in the Sydney match.

Lol yeah... But can I add one thing? Did Kumble agree to the pre-tour policy of accepting the fielders word? Because if he did then the umpire shouldn't have even had to tell Ganguly he was out. Ganguly was the one not showing sportsmenship by not going off after the fielder claimed the catch.

yea i think Kumble agreed to the pre-tour policy, but it was made between him and Ponting and we dont know what it said exactly but than wouldnt that rule aply to Symonds in some way when he didnt walk after he edged it to the keep?

Users who are viewing this thread