If Rashid Latif can be banned why not Michael Clarke?

You can't tell either way at all. The replays I've seen, are from behind and it is a frame late, you see the ball in his left hand but it is really frame before you need to see to be able to tell whether it hit the floor or not. All you can tell from the replays available is that he caught the ball at some point, they do not prove either way whether he caught it before the bounce.

However, Mark Benson should still have neve just taken Ricky Ponting's word. You can say all you like about how Ponting shouldn't have done it. It's not the first time a player has tried to convince an umpire into turning a decision his way. I'll use an example that features Indian's - I remember that in the 1990's and into the 00's to a degree, especially once in Indian a lot of your players charge umpires when appealing. It's essentially the same thing, both trying to intimidate an umpire into turning a decision their way. I've seen plenty of your players go up for a bat and pad that's it no bat at all, rush up to an umpire with fingers up.

Decide for yourself:
sillyclarkena0.png

LMAO, that doesnt prove that Clarke is a cheat, his head's not even pointing at the ball, he is falling down and has his hands on the ball, he then proceeds to fall and gather the ball. There's no way that Clarke can tell that the ball has touched the floor. This Aussie bashing is getting out of hand, Harbhajan was judged to be guilty of racism, and since then the Indian fans have been questioning the creditabiity of the Australian team using a series of farcical excuses, it's pathetic.

How can you draw judgement from a photo? Having seen the incident on this morning's highlights, I don't think the evidence was suffice to say it touched the ground. My impression was that it was a clean catch.

Why was Rashid Latifs career ended so bad?

I reckon Clarke caught it from the replays i have seen. He was pretty sure it was a catch and so was the umpire so it is out.

lol did you even watch when this happened the ump had no clue if it was out, he had never been more unsure in his life. he had that look on his face like " i dont kno what to do please help me Ricky."

what a freakin disaster of umpiering these 2 tests have been, if there werent so manny bad decisions made before this thing with Clarke happened than this wouldnt have been such a big deal it would have been just one thing.

There's no way that Clarke can tell that the ball has touched the floor.

If Clark himself wasnt sure,how could he claim the catch when Ponting asked him about it ?

im still surprised noone has mentioned the catch ponting tried to claim,
where obviously he grounded the ball and still carried on appealing

The one where he was fielding in close? I am going to get flamed for this but this is opinion. From the replay, in slow motion it liked the glove had been "disturbed". That is what Mark Nicholas (I think he was commentating) said. Ricky had every right to appeal. Why do you think there are so many LBW shouts? People know it might actually be out but they go up anyway trying to get the batsmen out.

Condemning others for appealing on lbw shouts, however optimistic, is ridiculous. As for this catch, Michael Clarke is the only one that can say whether he realised he hadn't taken the catch cleanly, or not, but if he said he did then that's his responsibility.

However, he may very well have thought he took it. I don't know much about Rashid Latif's one, but on face value, picking up the ball and appealing is worse than maybe dropping it and saying you caught it.

The one where he was fielding in close? I am going to get flamed for this but this is opinion. From the replay, in slow motion it liked the glove had been "disturbed". That is what Mark Nicholas (I think he was commentating) said. Ricky had every right to appeal. Why do you think there are so many LBW shouts? People know it might actually be out but they go up anyway trying to get the batsmen out.

The point was not whether the ball had touched the glove on its way or not! Ponting had clearly grounded the ball in the act of completing the catch and still he appealed for it!

LMAO, that doesnt prove that Clarke is a cheat, his head's not even pointing at the ball, he is falling down and has his hands on the ball, he then proceeds to fall and gather the ball. There's no way that Clarke can tell that the ball has touched the floor. This Aussie bashing is getting out of hand, Harbhajan was judged to be guilty of racism, and since then the Indian fans have been questioning the creditabiity of the Australian team using a series of farcical excuses, it's pathetic.

It is really getting annoying. Lets go through the whole match and see if they did a crap appeal

Says your "Anti-Australia" DP. Why is Michael Clarke blamed for the catch. From a lot of replays, it is still not known whether he caught the ball or not but the rolling over was something he did not know about.

Some people will just jump the gun on anything to attack Australia.

u have to ask urself y do people attck ozzies, i dont know y?

Users who are viewing this thread