IGN preview for Don Bradman 14 (Looks cool)

Comparing Don Bradman Cricket to AFL. i remember you being on BigFooty forums easily a year and half before the release. Wouldn't AFL have been at a similar stage as Don Bradman was when you came out with the information there?. From what i remember there weren't many issues there.

I didn't go into as much depth about the gameplay and we didn't release a Beta, it was a lot more hands off. In four years I have posted 2,277 times there and here in 15 months or so I have 6,111 posts.

I didn't go into as much depth about the gameplay and we didn't release a Beta, it was a lot more hands off. In four years I have posted 2,277 times there and here in 15 months or so I have 6,111 posts.

How would you compare the fanbases? Being involved in both I'd say that the PC one was more fanatical but also more demanding. I suppose that makes sense since this community has been spending hours of work making shit cricket games playable for years, so there are high expectations when one promises to be decent!

The AFL games, being both worse to begin with and unmoddable, were rarely on the radar for most footy fans.

In both cases though you had to changes the perception of people though and remove the negative stigma. Funnily/interestingly/sadly, both sports received Fegan-tweaked games before you guys got to em :(

How would you compare the fanbases? Being involved in both I'd say that the PC one was more fanatical but also more demanding. I suppose that makes sense since this community has been spending hours of work making shit cricket games playable for years, so there are high expectations when one promises to be decent!

The AFL games, being both worse to begin with and unmoddable, were rarely on the radar for most footy fans.

In both cases though you had to changes the perception of people though and remove the negative stigma. Funnily/interestingly/sadly, both sports received Fegan-fished games before you guys got to em :(

That is a reasonable summation.

Users who are viewing this thread