Importing from Aus to UK

If it's releasing in South Africa on the 4th I might have it in the UK on 6th. My cousin is flying on Saturday.

First person in uk to have it maybe?

I will just wait and get when it cames out.
too much hassle ordering from a different country. its only a week.

So I got response from Mightyape. Firstly I ordered in Australia and found I am getting it from NZ.

Anyways sharing the mail

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

It looks like that item is releasing on the 03/04/14.

As soon as we get our hands on that we will have that shipped out to you.

Your order should take between 10-14 working days once shipped.

Our courier company that we used for shipping this parcel does not allow tracking on items outside of NZ and unfortunately we do not have an express option available.

Please let me know if you would like a hand with anything else. :)

So I got response from Mightyape. Firstly I ordered in Australia and found I am getting it from NZ.

Anyways sharing the mail

I found this testimonial at mightyape.co.nz...

I want to share my shopping experience with those who are unsure (yet) to shop at Mighty Ape or not to shop at Mighty Ape. I have seen some negative reviews of the site but I don't know why. The first thing you'll need to know, that I live in Hungary, and as you can see on the map Australia is pretty quite far away from here. I chose to pay for my item with Paypal, and the transaction took place within minutes. The item shipped exactly when they said it would, and when I asked about an estimated arrival time, they replied quickly and helpfully. Not counting weekends, it arrived on the 17th day after being shipped, which is, considering the distance and loading in/out is not a long time at all. I'll definitely order from them again. I bet these guys would even ship to the Moon!

Andras from Nagyk?r?s, Hungary.
Feb 14

It took 17 days, not including weekends, for it to reach Hungary from NZ. Am a bit nervous and I've no idea why this guy was so over the moon at getting a shipment nearly a month after ordering :noway

Hang on... found one testimonial for Canada...

I live in Canada. I ordered Bonjour Timothy on DVD a week ago from you guys because in the whole world only you had it. The price was great, only $16 for shipping (awesome) and I received it today. Even though im in a different DVD region it plays in my iMac no problem. I will be ordering from you again. You should come to Canada and teach our companies how its done. Fantastic.

Chris from Chipman, Canada.
Jan 13

A week or thereabouts to Canada means to major nations such as UK, Germany, US etc. shouldn't take more than 2 weeks.

And finally one from UK...

I wanted to write and say that the service I have received from Mighty Ape has been exceptional. I live in the UK and after seeing a book my husband would love, which is only available in NZ, I was certain it would not arrive in the UK before Christmas. However I found your page and ordering was quick, simple and easy (even though I was paying ? sterling and wanted international delivery). As it was after the last posting date for the UK I warned my husband that he would be getting a New Year present instead. However, I was stunned to arrive home yesterday and see it on the mat after only being dispatched 6 working days ago! Most items I have delivered within the UK take longer than that! Wonderful service and communication. A company that I would very happily use again!

Jennifer from United Kingdom.
Dec 12

Last edited:
Potential overseas source who can ship on the 4th with a 5-10 day shipping time. Comes in at a touch over ?50. Don't want to put this public just in case so PM me for the website address.

The UK testimonial is good news. You'd imagine there are plenty of dhl flights between a US and UK (or however it works!) compared to Hungary. I think it'll arrive a week after dispatch. Which is fine.

It took 17 days, not including weekends, for it to reach Hungary from NZ. Am a bit nervous and I've no idea why this guy was so over the moon at getting a shipment nearly a month after ordering :noway

A week or thereabouts to Canada means to major nations such as UK, Germany, US etc. shouldn't take more than 2 weeks.

righto... so i believe i can get very limited, like 5 or 6 copies, to reach me no later than the 5th, which i could then post on to UK recipients.

it's coming from india, the original price is slightly cheaper (approx 43) but due to the shipping costs etc. i'd need to charge about 50-55.

if you'd be interested, pm me and i'll see what i can do - will confirm with you on Monday.

righto... so i believe i can get very limited, like 5 or 6 copies, to reach me no later than the 5th, which i could then post on to UK recipients.

it's coming from india, the original price is slightly cheaper (approx 43) but due to the shipping costs etc. i'd need to charge about 50-55.

if you'd be interested, pm me and i'll see what i can do - will confirm with you on Monday.

I'm interested.

Well its a risk but I have taken it and end of the day I may end up with 2 3 copies of the game which is ok for me.

I already have a friend who wants one in Pakistan and then there is always this passionate cricket game Kid in Family who will get one more. :D

----------

Check your PM.

on the shipping from Aus/NZ thing, my contact said it's 8 years since she worked at DHL so she can't give a very accurate estimate but due to the size of their network even standard would come to europe via plane, not boat so should be "reasonably" quick.

The UK testimonial is good news. You'd imagine there are plenty of dhl flights between a US and UK (or however it works!) compared to Hungary. I think it'll arrive a week after dispatch. Which is fine.

That's what I figured. There's a reason why UK & Canada testimonials were decent.

Well its a risk but I have taken it and end of the day I may end up with 2 3 copies of the game which is ok for me.

I already have a friend who wants one in Pakistan and then there is always this passionate cricket game Kid in Family who will get one more. :D

As I said earlier it's a cricket game and I don't mind getting stuck with an extra copy either, and will gift the extra copy to one of my friends who's willing to play a Test match with me in multiplayer offline mode. See I know how to extract my pound of flesh ;)

Users who are viewing this thread