in cricket 2006/2007 what extras do you want and which things need fixing

I was going to buy a controller so me and my bro cuz play 2 player but now ppl are telling me there is no 2 player at all is this true?

you get to play from domestic then go on and on then you become an international star ... and make money buy bats and stuff like a real cricketer...

An Ai patch whcih well is fun and doesnt die down and once you found out where the weak spot is...and each player should play like the do in real life

More tornuments

MORE TOURS

More Statidums

less bugs

A stats of whoes on top in the game like Icc Odi table Icc Test table

each player should like have a time period of playing cricket like NHL 2004...

Rain in odi

match delays...then like there will be less overs in a game depending on the time

Coaching like 1 on 1 so like you have to pratice and get better with your team do different drills

A real like cricket game

We need things that will be pretty much impossible to be corrected by patchmakers.

1. MORE STADIUMS. Each country needs at least 5 stadiums, otherwise whats the point of touring?

2. CAREER MODE: how about a career mode where we select a side (international or domestic). and it unfolds like real life. Scheduling of future tours, scouting in the domestic and youth circuits for new, randomly-generated players. retirements, injuries, stat tracking. Stat progression. All this has been done for other EA games, i'm sure they can use the same technology for ea sport's cricket. We should be able to scout opposing teams to learn their top batsmen's strengths and weaknesses and opposing teams injuries.

3. DIFFERENT PLAYER MODELS. No one has exactly the same build and frame, so why should it be depicted this way in game? Solution for licensing issues: make the correct 3d modeled faces and put them on the wrong players for teams that do not have player licenses (ie all teams except Eng, Aus, NZ, SA)

4. ACTUALLY HAVE AI. I can hit 5 sixes in a row over mid-on and the opposing side won't a. bowl something different or b. put a fielder at the boundary. This is important, and it will make it more enjoyable to play the game, since we will actually ahve to think. CPU should bowl to a plan. Batting: CPU should be able to hit at gaps in the field, even playing against the line sometimes to score runs if it is necessary. Batting and bowling seem very scripted and this needs to change.

5. EA HAVE TO SORT OUT BOWLING: The line the CPU bowls is fundamentally wrong. No intelligent player will bowl 90% of their deliveries on the legs, that is just asking to be punished. Bowling speeds are wrong. They need to have Express, Fast, medium-fast, medium, etc. Express should be able to consistently bowl 155+. Fast should bowl 145-155. Medium Fast 125-140 consistently, etc. There is no reason why a fast bowler should consistently bowl 135 K while a medium fast bowler is bowling 138K. it's just not right.

that's all for now.

I agree with all of these, plus the abilty to make teams, like on BLIC.

Plus, a transfer market and also play a international season based on the ICC Test Plan.

Good ideas is for the next EA cricket game to have,

1. Highlights to include drops, chances, sixes, fours and wickets
2. EA! Give it a rest! Graphics are fine!
3. Ground shots should go further.
4. Varying shots depending on skill of batsman and length of delivery.
When you make a player you should rate execution of each shot.
5. Wide deliveries must be easy to hit.
6. When bowling the odd delivery must be random and most probably easy to hit.
7. Shots; Front foot;
Straight drive from BLIC
On drive from BLC 98
Leg glance from any EA cricket game
Sweep from any EA cricket game
Late cut from, i dont care.
Side slash from EA cricket 2005
Cover drive from EA cricket 2005

Back foot;
Straght drive from Cricket 2005 (but easier to time)
On drive from Cricket 2005 (but easier to time)
Leg Glance from Cricket 2005
Hooks from BLIC
Late cut from Cricket 2002
Off drive from Cricket 2005
Cut from Cricket 2004
Cover drive from Cricket 2002

8. The bowling in both cricket games are excellent.
Except; Yorkers are too easy to play.
Full tosses are to hard to play.

9. Quality is too much comprimised for time.

I believe that this is a competent list...could someone agree or disagree and if someone has the connections send this entire list to EA.

THIS WISHLIST IS POINTLESS IF NO ONE SENDS IT TO EA.

I agree with all of manee's points, plus it would be great to be able to get more wickets with the "corridor of uncertainty".

More things:

1. BETTER COMMENTARY: There is nothing wrong with using the same people, and even recycling some of the same lines, but half the time the commentary is out of context and just plain wrong. A ball hit through midwicket did not "pierce the off-side field" and bowling a maiden is not "an expensive over" A ball well wide of the stumps that is left is not "troubling the batsman." Bring back the pitch report. Add a couple new commentators so that they switch over the course of the innings.

2. CAREER MODE (cont.): How about something like in Fifa where we could allocate points based on our performance on field as manager to improve the assitants on the team. This could be implemented through a pitch curator, bowling coach, physiotherapist/doctor, team trainer, stadium improvements, etc. I especially like the pitch curator idea. Instead of having the boring: wet, damp, green, normal, hard, dry, dusty pitch choices, we should be able to interact with our pitch curator to tailor a pitch to our specifications for test matches in career mode. Should it favor seamers, spinners, batsmen, etc just like in real life.

3. DYNAMIC WEATHER/PITCH WEAR: Weather should change over the course of a day's play as well as over the course of a test match. This includes cloud cover, temperature, chances of rain. Changes in the pitch should be random and dynamic. The pitch should not deteriorate in one set way, make it random so that no two pitches wear the same way.

4. GRAPHICS ENGINE: Use the same graphics engine, just add more player models so that each player has his own model. It does not have to be accurate, just as long as the general idea is there. More bowling animations, and please, please improve the fielding animations.

1. Being able to run when an appeal for LBW is turned down or even if it is given.

2. Batsman given not out and the appropriate runs given when the fielder catches/stops the ball on the boundary and subsequently goes over the rope or just touches it.

3. Batsmen crossing when catch is taken, they always go back to where they were originally.

4. Batsmen being credited with runs instead of leg-byes when edging ect.

5. No more LBW from balls going down legside, most annoying this one.

6. More balls being bowled outside offstump by the computer.

7. More bowling speed.

Last edited:
decent gameplay and no bugs is all i ask. every game should have this before they even think about releasing!

these shud be included in cric 2006 or 2007

1)dropped catches n unsuccessful lbw shouts shud have replays.
2)sledging shud b included.
3)drinks breaks shud be included.
4)replays for close boundary decisions.
4)batsman's stamina shud be included.
5)injuries during a match.
6)bowlers running on the pitch shud be taken outta d attack.
7)injuries to batsman such that he's allowed a bye runner.
8)change of commentary

Last edited:
cornjoelio said:
decent gameplay and no bugs is all i ask. every game should have this before they even think about releasing!

Definitly agree with this one, I think EA should not even consider releasing another cricket game until WC 2007 that should give them plenty of time to sort out and add stuff like...

Bowlers bowling more than their 10 over quota in a 50 over match - please EA lets not see this for a 4th game running!!!

The AI definitly needs sorting.

The ability to create our own batting orders even for AI teams.

More International grounds.

ICC umpire licences.

Different & more commentators but keep Richie Benaud.

Sledging.

That's some of my gripes for now :rolleyes:

Steve S.

Users who are viewing this thread