India A in Zimbabwe and Kenya

I know the margin in which they lost by was alarming but India A have got a very strong team.

true, i strongly exppect Piyush Chawla to take over from Kumble when he retires.

Likewise will:
-Parthiv Patel be hot on the case of Dhoni
-Yomahesh, Pathan and Pankaj Singh be looking to take the places of RP Singh and Sreesanth
-Badrinath, Kaif, Pujara and Sharma be looking to replace the Big Four(R);)
-Uthappa be looking for an international spot.

I know the margin in which they lost by was alarming but India A have got a very strong team.
Their performances steadily go downhill. In the past 24 months, they've shown that they can now only sometimes beat Bangladesh (4-0-11), can be matched by Kenya (2-0-2) and face strong competition against the likes of Ireland. Zimbabwe has an advantage against Associate Members in that it has more funding and supposedly more infrastructure and yet it seems Ireland is conclusively more successful with amateurs. This would not have been the case 5 years ago and ten years ago Zimbabwe could beat England. Zimbabwe has become a corrupt black hole which the ICC continues to feed.

And from there to 97 all out. Yomahesh picking up 4 wickets in 5 overs! Piyush didn't even get a bowl.

And from there to 97 all out. Yomahesh picking up 4 wickets in 5 overs! Piyush didn't even get a bowl.
He's done enough damage already!:) All of the bowlers with promising performances today, but Pathan must still not be at his best because at his best, he loves destroying minnows. Yomahesh's demolishen of the tail is hopefully a sign of things to come as it is a pricless assett to have. This India A team has a lot of potential and I hope they can fufill it in the coming years...either that or Kenya and Zimbabwe are just that awful.

Do you think there's a market for more A-side cricket? You'd expect they'd get better turnouts than regular domestic teams, but I guess tv is more key. With the way they're moving towards more and more top level cricket, with schedules crammed together, it seems like every international team will need its A squad acting like a permanent second XI, keeping the next best players fit for international competition.

At 127/5, Kenya are doing not too bad. India A don't seem to be quite the bowling attack without Chawla. However, they are all chipping in nicely with Pathan grabbing two and Pankaj Singh, Ojha and Pawar each getting one.

Kenya v India A 2nd match result

Kenya 1st innings: 218 all out
India A 1st innings: 429/5 declared (P Patel 164, Badrinath 160 not out)
Kenya 2nd innings: 124 all out (Ojha 6/31)

India A win by an innings and 87 runs

Badrinath has to be given a chance after his performances in recent years. We just can't let a talent like that go without having a shot at cementing a place in the national side.

What about Parthiv Patel, who also made three hundreds and a fifty. Chawla really needs to be treated well since he seems a class above everyone he plays at U19 and A team level.

What about Parthiv Patel, who also made three hundreds and a fifty.

He's already been given a chance, a chance which we can reasonably say he didn't capitalize on. But, he's been in excellent form of late, so he might get another look-in.

Badrinath has performed consistently, averaged over 54 in first-class cricket, and still hasn't had an opportunity to show what he's capable of in international cricket. If a spot opens up, I would want him to get the nod.

To be fair to Pathiv he had his chance when he was very young. He's only 22 now and played the last of his internationals before the age of 20 (or there abouts).

Users who are viewing this thread