Story India Embarks On an International Season- so does the whole world

Geofferey: I think the session was good for both teams. India picking up three crucial wickets, which leave the last recognized pair of batsmen on the field and Pakistan scoring at a brisk rate to reach within a stone's throw of Indian total.

Sunny: Though it is a shame that the captain of Pakistan gave way to a rush of blood and fell just before lunch. But I am amused by the tactics of the other batsmen. It seems they have made up their minds they are going to play 50 balls, score a duck and leave. They are not attempting to make runs. Admitted that Indian bowlers have been erratic but to expect that they will concede a lead of 100 - 150 in extras is stretching the imagination too far.

Harsha: :) . As the lunch session is about to begin let us see the first session from the statistical point of view.

Pakistan First Innings - 366 all out. Inzamam - 154. Ganguly 4/38.

Harsha: It took just a few more overs for the Pakistani innings to fold up, at exactly the same score as their opponents. But one must say that it was very intuitive of Ganguly to introduce first Pathan and then himself into the attack and clean up the Pakistani lower order in quick time.

Sunny: Yes, at first he tried fiddling around with his spinners but when he saw that the batsmen were just in no mood to score against them, he brought on a change in the form of Pathan, who induced Akmal to score his first run after facing 56 dot balls, by making him pull a short one.

Harsha: Yes and it was Pathan who snared Razzaq. But one feels that it was more to Razzaq's discredit than to Pathan's credit. It was a legside delivery which Razzaq tried to drive through midwicket and caught an edge that rattled the furniture behind him. But Pathan obviously was ecstatic.
indpaktest2ndinningspak7thwick.jpg

indpaktest2ndinningspak7thwick1.jpg

Sunny: Then prodded by some sixth sense, Ganguly brought himself up to capture the dogged Akmal's wicket with a swinging delivery. He played down the wrong line and the new ball that Ganguly had accepted before the 78th over did the rest.

Harsha: The next few overs it seemed that Shoaib Mallik is going to hold up one end while Fazl-E-Akbar is going to slash around but Ganguly foxed Akbar with a slow delivery that did not rise as expected by the batsman.
indpaktest2ndinningspak9thwick.jpg

Sunny: The very next ball Sami too was fooled in the same manner, the only difference being that he let the ball hit the stumps and not his foot.
indpaktest2ndinningspak10thwic.jpg

Harsha: Poor Shoaib Mallik looked on as he ran out of batting partners. He scored 5 runs. I think he's a talent wasted at no.9. He should be batting further up in the order. Let's take a look at the statistics of Pakistani innings.
indpaktest2ndinningspakscoreca.jpg

indpaktest2ndinningspakbatting.jpg

indpaktest2ndinningsindbowling.jpg

hi, there are lots of posts. What's the overall standing ?
( apologies if you've posted it somewhere and I've missed it )

but good work. it feels like an unbiased play. ( not like an earlier one by someone which wasn't :)

hey sachin wat gameplay patch do you use and wat stumps do you use

hey guyz thnks for ur views, reviews and queries... the standing - i.e. the score is
Ind 1st innings 366 all out.
Pak 1st innings 366 all out.

I am using the last final patch by Tutsi(not Beta) so it must be 7.4 and the stumps are Cable and Wireless.

btw Saurav tried to bowl in the morning session at Bangalore but wasn't as effective as his virtual avatar in my pc. :)

Apologies and Score Update: India 78/3 at Tea on Day 2

Hey ppl, this threads kinda gone up and down...blame it on my pc...had to format the harddisk and replace the OS...but that doesn't mean that i have lost the sav...never...so carry on readin from nowonwards...hope u enjoy it...

not writing commentary...lost some screens in the crash...so for the time being enjoy these...

Second Wicket for Pakistan - Patel Run Out foolishly.

indpaktest3rdinningsind2ndwick.jpg

First was Sehwag and third to go was Dravid, whose leg stump was splendidly castled by Shoaib Mallik.(sorry no screens)

Stats:
indpaktest3rdinningsindscoreca.jpg

indpaktest3rdinningsindbatting.jpg

indpaktest3rdinningspakbowling.jpg

this match started some two months ago... :p

that's why i simply can't figure out why did i take this man fazl-e-akbar in Pakistan team...I remember only one thing Shoaib is injured in this season for some serious time...so to my horror first over was being bowled by Mallik...thats why I made a change but why Fazal, I still can't figure out...

hope Tendulkar and Ganguly can do what they haven't been able to do on the field for some time now... :)

India 2nd Innings 201 all out. Pathan 54

Sunny: One word for India's dismal performance in this session - appalling. It was really a pathetic batting performance from the batting lineup touted as the best in the world. It also came as anti-climax after the great batting performances against Sri Lanka and South Africa at home.

Harsha: Yes, resuming after tea at 78/3, India lost the skipper Ganguly in few minutes.(sorry no screen). He was caught at midwicket by Youhana off the bowling of Mallik.

Sunny: And then the best batsman in the world was fooled by a newbie of a bowler. Fazl-E-Akbar snared a lot of Indian wickets today but none was as important as this:
It was important because Sachin Tendulkar looked set for a big one here and his impetuosity got to him in the end.

Harsha: Laxman and Dinesh Karthik looked to steady the ship for a while when, Laxman dragged a Fazl-E-Akbar short one on to the off stump.
indpaktest3rdinnings6thwicketl.jpg

Sunny: Karthik again threw his wicket. This time by slashing hard at a short wide delivery from Akbar that went up miles in the air to end up in Younis Khan's safe hands.

Harsha: The only batsman who played sensibly today was Irfan Pathan. He supported Karthik as long as he was there and when he found out that it was upto him to score the most of the runs, he started farming the strike beautifully. Some of his memorable strokes were a six over point boundary and a beautiful leg glance to fine leg boundary.
indpaktest3rdinningspathansix5.jpg

indpaktest3rdinningspathanglan.jpg

Harsha: But after Pathan holed out to Inzamam in the covers, he and the whole of India knew that the rest is going to be a formality. Pathan was furious with himself for that mistimed shot.
indpaktest3rdinnings8thwicketp.jpg

Sunny:Murali Karthik never looked as if he was going to score a hell lot of runs and he simply flicked one in the hands of the squareleg.

While Harbhajan, who was also striking the ball well, misjudged a single, called Kumble for a single and ran himself out at the striker's end.

Harsha: The stats belie the fact that Indian batsmen never looked comfortable against the consistent pace of Akbar on one end and were not allowed to get loose on the other end by beautiful bowling from Shoaib Mallik.
indpaktest3rdinningsscorecarde.jpg

indpaktest3rdinningsbattingeoi.jpg

indpaktest3rdinningspakbowling.jpg

Three bowlers was all that took Pakistan to wipe out the famed Indian batting lineup. This looks easy from here on for Pakistan, unless Ganguly has a rabbit under that cap.

Sunny: Some viewers in the Tea Break were worried about Akbar's pathetic figures till then. Well he went for some more runs but in the end he had the last laugh by breaking the back of the Indian middle order. That's test cricket for you.

Users who are viewing this thread