Story India Embarks On an International Season- so does the whole world

Well done Sachin. Good luck in your batting innings but knowing you it'll be over before the fielding restrictions are let up!

sachinisgod said:
well i thought this combination was the classical sweep to long leg- squareleg...the one in question is a paddle sweep(something which Sachin plays extra specially)...the batsmen just kinda guides the bowl to the leg side and doesn't sweep it completely...thats the one i am asking about...
It is the same buttons, only that the ball has to be pitched shorter and your feet have tobe in the right place. I did it about 3 times of a G.Hick over with Matty Hayden......in hard......

Harsha: India have a smallish target of 128 to chase. But at times these small targets against relatively inexperienced sides can prove a bit difficult too.
Sunny: Yes. Let us see how India respond to this small total. Are they going to play their natural game or are they going to play it slowly so that they can reach the target somewhere around 45th over?

Harsha: Its the second over going on here. Junaid Zia to Tendulkar. He has played it straight. The fielder at long-on will cut it off. Oh they are running the second. Ganguly's not going to make it. He is run out.

Sunny: The least said about such foolish running the better. There was never a second in it and there was no need for it. Ganguly must be cursing himself for it. The batsman to come in is Virender Sehwag. Pakistan A bowlers must be wary of this man.

Harsha: With that single Tendulkar has given the strike to Veeru. He tries to loft it to long-on for six. But a lack of timing has ensured that Imran Nazir at mid-on gets a lollypop of a catch. Poor and rash shot selection from Veeru.
cg1stodiind2ndwicketsehwag1ty.jpg

Sunny: Again what was the need of that shot? I think Indians have got it wrong. They are thinking that they have to achieve this target in fifteen overs and not fifty. Its a pronunciation problem.

Sunny: Here comes Umar Gul to Tendulkar. Thats pretty close. And he's given him. Tendulkar is not amused at being given out LBW to a short ball but he must understand that this wicket is a crumbly kind and the bounce was dying when it hit his thigh.
cg1stodiind3rdwickettendulkar1.jpg

Harsha: We can judje for ourselves if his shake of head is justified or not.
cg1stodiind3rdwickettendulkar2.jpg

Harsha: I don't understand why these Indian batsmen look in such big hurry. It seems they are eager to catch a flight back home. But they must understand that this is C&G Trophy and they must win this match to make it to the next round. Now the shots which Yuvraj Singh has played just after coming to the crease were good to see but unnecessary. Here's Gul bowling to him.
Sunny: And he's got him. The middle stump has been sent flying. Excellent reply to the harsh treatment he received in the previous overs. India are in trouble with 4 wickets down in the fifth over.
cg1stodiind4thwicketyuvraj7yd.jpg

Sunny: Junaid Zia to Dravid. He has tried to loft it over mid on. Oh but Gul has caught it. In the end it was an easy catch. Dravid was beaten by the pace of the pitch and his own impatience.
cg1stodiind5thwicketdravid5jn.jpg

Harsha: The Indian players are taking this a bit too easy. They are getting complacent because of the smallish total and a weak opposition. Hope the jolts they have received would have awakened them.

Sunny: Both these players - Kaif and Karthik are settling down into a nice rhythm. Kaif is still trying to score very quickly but is more effective then his peers before him. Karthik is enjoying too. Here he can be seen dispatching Gul over Point boundary.
cg1stodiindkarthiksix3io.jpg

Harsha: Now its Kaif's turn to hit the maximum. Its a beautiful shot over long-on. After a long time we have seen an Indian batsman attempting that shot and succeeding.
cg1stodiindkaifsix2nc.jpg

Ravi: Kaif has reached his 50 in pretty quick time - 20 balls. Congratulations Mohammed Kaif!
cg1stodiindkaiffifty4oz.jpg

Boycott: Kaneria has been brought in to rein in these two. His first over produced just three runs. Here he is starting his second over. Oh Karthik is trying to heave it over longon, misses! and is easily stumped by Atiq-Ul-Zaman.
cg1stodiind6thwicketkarthik8ij.jpg

Ravi: He should have stayed on and gained practice. With the target in sight there's no danger of his team losing but for practice's and his average's sake he should have tried to play a bit sensibly.

Boycott: Kaneria bowling the last ball of his over to Kaif. He has hit it high in the air. Mid on's coming under it and he's gone. Kaif is dejected. Perhaps he wanted to stay not out till the end.
cg1stodiind7thwicketkaif1br.jpg

Ravi: With those three fours, Agarkar has sealed the Indian victory but Indians shouldn't be too happy with this victory. Had the target been a bit higher, they would have missed the bus. I think its time they shrug off their complacency and rustiness.
Boycott: They shouldn't be rusty after playing two tests and two odi's against good teams. I think they were too relaxed today. Hope to see a different scorecard than this in the upcoming test against Pakistan.
cg1stodiindscorecardeoi9sr.jpg

Ravi: Everybody trying to put his strikerate beyond 200 it seems.
cg1stodiindbattingeoi9ru.jpg

Boycott: Pakistan A could also have bowled with more discipline but considering the powerful opposition, their effort here is more than applaudable.
cg1stodipaabowlingeoi5ry.jpg

Ravi: Clearly, only Kaif looked anywhere near in-form. His spider depicts the fact and also the fact that Pakistan A's pacemen bowled too much wide out side the offstump. He gleefully accepted those gifts.
cg1stodiindkaifspider8zd.jpg

Jason Dacy: Welcome to Sports Center. Talking of surprises and upsets, India were nearly given one when Pakistan A had them in trouble in Lahore, but somehow they scrapped through. But Pakistan were not so lucky against India A in Chennai. They lost the match by one run and with three wickets remaining. This loss puts them out of C&G Trophy and rumors of match fixing are already circulating in Pakistani circles. A resignation from the skipper has become the popular demand but no official announcement in this regard has been made. Taking a look at the scorecards:
cg2ndodiinascorecardeom0po.jpg

cg2ndodipakscorecardeom9up.jpg

sachin the part where you said,I dont know why these indian batsman are so in hurry i think they want to catch the flight back home fast

hehhehehehe

thanks for the appreciation folks...more updates soon...

EDIT: Here they are:

The final 16 teams for the C&G Trophy has been decided by the previous two matches. Here is how they are going to clash:

standingcgtrophy17az.jpg

The International League ODI Tournament table: (sorry for size and disorder of teams):
odistandingsafter2ndodicg6fv.jpg

The Frizzel Test Championship Tables:
standingsfcdiv112ui.jpg

standingsfcdiv121fz.jpg

Last edited:
Harsha: Welcome to the National Stadium, Karachi, for one of the most awaited test matches of the season. Marriages, they say, are made in heaven. But such rivalries are made only on this part of the earth. It promises to be a great match and I welcome my fellow commentators - Sunny, Ravi, Geofferey and Imran Khan on this beautiful sunny morning here in Karachi.

Sunny : I think its going to be a cracker of a test match. Let us go across to our pitch expert for the pitch and weather reports. And also let us find out whom the coin is going to favor today.

indpaktestconditions1gj.jpg

Harsha : So its India who are going to make first use of this nice looking track for batting. It wouldn't have been a difficult decision for Ganguly considering the composition of his team. Let us take a look at it.
indpaktestindteam2cu.jpg

Sunny: A glance at the Pakistani side for the test tells us that this is the clash of the titans indeed. Perhaps Shoaib's absence could benefit India but who knows what these young kids Fazl-E-Akbar and Asim Kamal have in store for them.
indpaktestpakteam8eo.jpg

Imran: It seems that as India are playing their first match here in Karachi after that historic oneday match in 2004, they are still in oneday mode. But it looks as if Ganguly's opening gamble has paid off well. Parthiv is looking a bit itchy but is standing his ground. This one's dispatched to the boundary by Virender Sehwag and that brings up the Indian half century in just under 4 overs.
indpaktestind1stinningssehwagc.jpg

Ravi: And that's his fifty. Veeru is in real hurry today. He has scored 50 in 21 balls out of which 11 have been dispatched across the fence. Perhaps he has set himself of achieving the Barry Richards' feat - scoring more than 300 in a single day.

indpaktestind1stinningssehwag5.jpg

Geofferey: But then he is too fast even for that and now its not only Barry's record. Yuvraj and Tendulkar have equalled or gone past him in the last test match that India played.

Sunny: Here's Fazl-E-Akbar to Sehwag. He has tried to loft it over cover but has only managed to lob it over the point region. The vice-captain of Pakistan doesn't drop such gifts.

Imran: Now he is looking furious with himself but he should have thought about playing that kind of a shot to a incoming delivery.
indpaktestind1stinnings1stwick.jpg

Welcome back to the story Prashant!! I always enjoy reading your story!

Sunny: Dravid's the no.3 in the Indian lineup. Ganguly has not sprung any surprise here. Dravid's looking quite composed and is looking to play positively.

Imran: Infact 21 runs off 14 balls is too positive. I think he is trying to live dangerously. As I said the Indians are yet to come out of their oneday mood.

Sunny: Here comes Razzaq. He has flicked it and its caught. Oh my God! what a catch. Unbelievable. It was flicked so hard and yet Fazl-E-Akbar has clung to it.
Imran: Yes a really fantastic effort. Few inches above the groun, parallel to it. A wonderful catch. Dravid cannot believe it, even though involuntarily his feet are dragging him to the dressing room.
indpaktestind1stinnings2ndwick1.jpg

Ravi: Parthiv has been quietly building his innings and has not been affected by the turn of the events at the other end. He ackhowledges the generous support from the Karachi crowd as he moves past his half century.

Geofferey: Despite his success, I believe that the criterion for him to be in the team should be his wicketkeeping and not batting. Here's Fazl-E-Akbar to Parhtiv. Oh he has struck it out of the ground. In one of his favourite areas. Over the cover boundary. Despite his such capabilities he needs to hone his wicketkeeping skills.
indpaktestind1stinningsparthiv.jpg

Ravi: Parthiv has struck the last two balls for boundaries and the tense emotion in the centre is quite palpable. Fazl-E-Akbar to bowl to Parthiv. He has missed the hattrick. Got carried away and couldn't connect a straight yorker. Great spirited bowling from the youngster in face of great attacking batting by another youngster.
indpaktestind1stinnings3rdwick.jpg

Harsha: Sachin's trying to get settled amidst the chaos of runs and wickets that is taking place in the centre. Even in the process of only settling down, he has already raced to 44. To curb him Shoaib Mallik has been introduced in the attack but hasn't proved much of a threat.
Sunny: Mallik to Tendulkar. What a beautiful cover drive! Oh! But he is caught! These Pakistanis have trained hard today. They are catching everything that can be compared to catchable. Salman Butt has pulled off a stunner.
indpaktestind1stinnings4thwick1.jpg

Harsha: As always the agony on Tendulkar's face is visible. He wanted to post a big one here.

Harsha: The Indian batsmen are paying the cost of playing too aggressively. Though Pakistan have caught well today, barring the single chance that was offered to Ganguly in the last over by Asim Kamal, still the credit of throwing away their wickets after getting their confidence and eyes going rests with them. Ganguly has hit Mallik towards the long on. Kamal is chasing the cherry.

Sunny: And they decide to run the third. Its going to be very tight! That's a brilliant throw, and Ganguly's gone by a mile. The umpire doesn't even need the camera. He has adjudged him out.

Sunny: Its the last ball before lunch. Here's Fazl-E-Akbar to Laxman. Oh he has hit it out of the ground. Very uncharacteristic of Laxman.
indpaktestind1stinningslaxmanh.jpg

Geofferey: I think Wright has given some aggro potion to these Indian batsmen. Extremely careless play and it serves them right that none of them could go on to make a big one. Laxman and Karthik are the last two recognized batsmen and they are looking no different. Starts and only starts! that's the Indian scorecard for u:
indpaktestind1stinningsscoreca.jpg

Ravi: Indian Batting card doesn't pose an interesting viewing either, except that every Indian batsman had a strike rate above 150.
indpaktestind1stinningsbatting.jpg

Imran: With the aggressive test field placement and the mood of the Indian batsmen, the bowling figures were sure gonna be distorted. Fazl-E-Akbar bowled much better than what his figures show. And so did Razzaq and Mallik. Sami's effort needed a bit more, which I am sure will come soon.
indpaktestind1stinningspakbowl.jpg

Nice read mate. But if only one of those six batsmen would sit down and play patiently, then those 50s and 60s would be converted into 100s and 150s, maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread