The first two wicket partnerships:
115746.jpg

Few graphics for the innings of the session

Yuvi Wagon Wheel
115747.jpg

Yuvi Spider
115748.jpg

Of course he is not done yet!!!

btw cannot post those thumbs that i did post in the last match...imageshack is down...and no body else provides such nice thumbs...

Day 1 Tea, Ind - 493/2, Sachin Tendulkar - 156* and Yuvraj Singh - 217*

Sanjay: Whoa! What a session it was!! 269 runs scored in it. Not a single wicket fell and two very good batsmen have entertained these 0.1 million people here in the greatest possible fashion.

Jackman: But spare a thought for what would be going through the South African bowlers? mind. Never ever would they have been treated like this. Unbelievable stuff! Sanjay: It seemed Sachin Tendulkar was in a great hurry to reach his fifty. He brought it up in just 22 balls. And we are playing test cricket! Then he raced past his century too in 60 balls.

Jackman: And at the other end the southpaw Yuvraj kept going..he slowed down a bit but that didnt mean that he had any problem reaching the double century.

Sanjay: I think South Africans bowled stupidly in this session. First of all no spinner was given a chance, then the quicks bowled an idiotic short length which both the batsmen had just to guide down to the thirdman or smash it past point.

Jackman: Ridiculous fielding too! Nearly 12 runs went through outfielders' hands and they missed one or two good chances probably of run outs.

Sanjay: I think this story can be better told graphically so here we go!

Sachin reaches his half century in quick time:
Ind1stInningsSachin50.jpg

And a century comes by too
Ind1stInningsSachin100.jpg

Yuvi's not going to stay calm as well. Reaches his double ton. The fastest in the history of test cricket.(Narrator is oblivious to other threads here :) )
Ind1stInningsYuvi201.jpg

The number of balls he took can be seen by clicking below:

A well deserved applause by the opponents(click)

The Indian Scorecard at Tea, Day 1
117247.jpg

The Indian Battingcard
117248.jpg

The South African Bowling Stats :crying
117249.jpg

Yuvi's wagon wheel was still heavy on long-on side and otherwise on the offside...
117250.jpg

Sachin's spider gives a similar leg side picture...though he scored a lot more square off the wicket on off side
117251.jpg

Stumps Day 1 - Ind 837/2 in 81 overs

Siva: Well I think, to say that it was an enjoyable afternoon will be a gross understatement.

Hayesman: And I think it would be better if South African team stopped playing cricket altogather. Sachin and Yuvraj batter brilliantly, superbly well but these fellas here are bowling too many six and four balls an over. I think we should allow the viewers to judge it from the graphics that follow

Sachin played a lot of cuts on the offside. Here's one of them:

Sachin got a scare when he was nearing his double ton and nearly got ran out:
0c-Ind1stInningsSach.jpg

Then ofcourse he brought up his double ton and that too in just 115 balls:
25-Ind1stInningsSach.jpg

The shot with which he brought it up:

Then came the moment that the 1 lakh people in the stands were waiting for. Yuvraj became the second Indian to reach a triple ton:
89-Ind1stInningsYuvi.jpg

He too brought it up with a square cut.

But if the crowd had thought that the entertainment had ended with that then they were wrong. Sachin raced through his 200's and reached 300 in double quick time:
99-Ind1stInningsSach.jpg

Here Sachin plays one of the more audacious strokes to reach his triple ton:

Dazed springboks look on as Indian batsmen return after the day's play:

South Africa Take the new ball after 75 overs:

Indian Scorecard - an avalanche of runs:
d2-Ind1stInningsScor.jpg

Indian Batting Card:
25-Ind1stInningsBatt.jpg

South African Bowling
9b-SA1stInningsBowli.jpg

Yuvraj's Wagonwheel - legside heavy
00-Ind1stInningsYuvi.jpg

Sachin's Spider is a bit more spread out but still the bulk coming from long-on..
a1-Ind1stInningsSach.jpg

I think you might need to use some harder patches :D

I am definitely planning to use them...I mentioned that in the very first post in this thread...and I have been playing with Tutsi's patches since I became a member here...thought I too would have a bit of fun with the easier original AI and I am having it...its not over yet

Saurav Ganguly has declared that if South African bowlers cannot get them out then he has faith in Kumble and Singh that they will get all the rest of the wickets in last two days and hence he plans to bat for three days...of course in a similar fashion...:p

End of Innings - India 1544 all out after 121 overs

I think I'll switch to first person mode here. Ganguly's bragging didn't bear the fruit he had wished it would. Indians went on a run spree on day 2 (not that they were not doing so on day1) but on day 2 they decided to hit every ball past the boundary and mostly succeeded and added 707 runs in 40 overs.

Yuvraj reached his 400 as soon as the day began:

Then got out to a rash shot. Here you can see his catch being taken:

Ganguly was going great guns on the other end too but Sachin was racing past milestones. He gets his 400 here:

Meanwhile Ganguly raced to 150+ in matter of a few minutes and then gave in. Like all others he too fell trying to hit it out:

Tendulkar sends down one more to thirdman boundary:

Tendulkar reached the 500 mark.
b7-Tendulkarreaches5.jpg

After beating Lara's record of most runs in an innings(first class), he got even more aggressive and finally holed out:

The crowd applauded the master as he walked back:

Just when it seemed that India might slowdown, Dinesh Karthik produced the fastest fifty in the history of test cricket:

Karthik didn't last long though:

Irfan left after scoring 40:

And Bhajji hit a whirlwind 77 but left before completing his second consecutive century

The scorecard before lunch showed something like this:
9b-Day2LunchScorecar.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread