87-IndianInningsScor.jpg

Indian Batting Stats
ab-IndianInningsBatt.jpg

South African bowling
13-SouthAfricanBowli.jpg

Sachin Tendulkar Spider
01-TendulkarSpider.jpg

Day 2 Tea, South Africa 32/4

As expected South Africa are capitulating under the pressure of the enormous mountain of runs on which India are sitting pretty right now.

But the manner in which they committed hara-kiri was pathetic. Three run-outs in space of 15 overs is a bit too much. India bowled and fielded aggressively and reaped the returns.

Gibbs was the first to go and run out.

Then Pathan struck with a real beauty. A swinging toecrusher that missed the toe of both the bat and Kirsten's foot. It was Pathan's first wicket of the season.
00-SA2ndInnings2ndwi.jpg

Smith was looking extremely good but misjudged a run and was run out by a whisker. Third Umpire had to be called in for this decision.

Fourth to go was Kallis on a nought. Again run out.

The teams returned for Tea. Indians beaming and springboks looking really tired.

There was not much in the South African Scorecard:
61-SA2ndInningsScore.jpg

And even the Indian bowling stats looked bland right now:
4c-Ind2ndInningsBowl.jpg

Man - even though this is highly unrealistic - I would love to play a match with the original AI and thrash them all over the place like you did. I am going at 3.9 an over with Tutsis patch in my latest test match.

well on the first day when I was trying to thrash and save wickets together it was enjoyable...but the very next day I got bored and started hitting every ball out of the park...and I am not half as good as brad or others here and hence ended up on 1544...believe me I enjoyed my Tutsi matches more before i had to format...I'll play with his latest patch soon...but I will also try other patches...pretty long seasonb this - 16 tests and 20 ODI's for India...:)

Sachin,as you are using no ai patch, can you please post the config file here?

ok i figured it out...I hope this works out fine...check it out and lemme know if I exported the right thing or not...

Attachments

• original AI.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Stumps Day2, SA - 51 all out and 54/1

Well Harbahajan was simply magnificent in his spell after tea. Just killed the springboks right in the infancy of their score. 5 wickets for 9 runs in 7 overs. Most of them misread his straight ball and fell LBW or bowled...When South Africa started again, it was a bit of a counter attack by esp. Smith. He is looking in good touch. But once again a SA batsman - Gibbs- didn't gauge the pace of the ball right and fell this time to Karthik. Kumble was largely ineffective. Pathan bowled with a lot of heart.

Here are some pics:

Bhajji snares Duminy:

Rudolph is runout:

Pollock looks in disbelief as he is adjudged LBW. Its a fake expression of disgust ofcourse coz he knows he had his foot in the wrong place here.
06-SA2ndInnings7thwi.jpg

Indians celebrate 8th SA wicket

The ninth one falls soon too

The final South African wicket fell with score on 51. Ntini looks at the stumps to gauge the decision's correctness.

When they came back for second innings, Smith had decided there was no use defending it a lot.
97-SA3rdInningsSmith.jpg

Irfan though extracted dangerous revenge. Hit Smith straight on his helmet
6e-SA3rdInningsSmith.jpg

Smith had a narrow escape with another run out

Umpire's decision in this case
21-SA3rdInningsNotou.jpg

Smith hits out again
2e-SA3rdInningsSmith.jpg

Gibbs is annoyed at being given LBW

Smith and Kirsten return after an excruciating day's play

South Africa's second Innings score card at Stumps Day 2
2a-SA2ndInningsFinal.jpg

India's bowling stats in second South African innings
e1-Ind2ndInningsFina.jpg

End of Match. South Africa - 51 and 174, India 1544.

India have won the match. It was always going to happen and the only thing left to be seen was when would it happen? Well Indian bowlers started Day 3 like millionaires. They bowled an inconsistent line and Graeme Smith the only South African who looked confident through out the match hit the around the park disdainfully.

Here Smith reaches his 50

Kirsten was taking regular chances against Indian fielders. Here he was lucky

Here he was not

Jaques Kallis didnt last long and played down the wrong line and length to Karthik
u5psa3rdinnings3rdwi.jpg

Meanwhile Smith was playing a game quite aloof to his team's fortunes..He reached his century in a jiffy
c3ksa3rdinningssmith.jpg

Duminy didn't last too long either. Though for the time he was there he looked good.

And then came the wicket that the Indians wanted desperately. Smith
j0asa3rdinnings5thwi.jpg

Rudolph was Karthik's third victim

Boucher was the second of the three springboks to be run out.

Hall followed in a familiar fashion, LBW to Bhajji. No South African batsmen understood how the Indian spinners were using the soft pitch conditions by bowling slow arm balls.

Paul Adams was the third one to get run out...

The last to fall was Makhaya Ntini who was cleaned by a Bhajji offspinner.
y7tsa3rdinnings10thw.jpg

The Indian team erupted in a wild celebration as they achieved the second consecutive victory of the season.

The Final South African Scorecard
i1msa3rdinningsscore.jpg

And Indian Bowling
d2tindia3rdinningsbo.jpg

Smith's spider is a great sight as shots were played all around the park.
r9ssa3rdinningsspide.jpg

Man of the Match: Sachin Tendulkar for his 561 runs in the only Indian innings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread