India-England-Australia Tri-series - January 2015

Who will win the Carlton Mid Tri-Series ?

• India

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • England

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Australia

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Can't Say Anything

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PokerAce

Banned
jesus christ how can you be 66/5 to india on a green top, especially while batting second.

Its not the green top, I have been saying all morning, that its a slow wicket. The kind you get in subcontinents, which gets even slower in the second innings and the ball just doesn't come on to the bat, making it near impossible to score. Net result is inside edges, and drives going in the air for caught and bowled or to fielders in the 30 yard.

I have said since morning 230 is a winning score here. India nearly blew it, but that last partnership salvaged it for India. Now India to finish it off with spinners.

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Its not the green top, I have been saying all morning, that its a slow wicket. The kind you get in subcontinents, which gets even slower in the second innings and the ball just doesn't come on to the bat, making it near impossible to score. Net result is inside edges, and drives going in the air for caught and bowled or to fielders in the 30 yard.

I have said since morning 230 is a winning score here. India nearly blew it, but that last partnership salvaged it for India. Now India to finish it off with spinners.

You are too hopeful Poker. England bat very deep and we will eventually allow the likes of Butler, Woakes and co to walk away with an easy win.

grkrama

National Board President
we cant afford runs we need to push that runrate to above 6 and then wait for them to go for it

aditya123

National Board President
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
we cant afford runs we need to push that runrate to above 6 and then wait for them to go for it

Its over. They have too much batting to blow this.

grkrama

National Board President
dhoni doesnt even want to win this, why is he givng jadeja the ball[DOUBLEPOST=1422615407][/DOUBLEPOST]and over[DOUBLEPOST=1422615441][/DOUBLEPOST]basically he wanted to rest till world cup

bigred

Club Captain
I've said for a while now that the winner of the WC will be one of Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and Sri Lanka. After watching the tri series in Australia, I stand by that. India look absolutely shocking.

PokerAce

Banned
You are too hopeful Poker. England bat very deep and we will eventually allow the likes of Butler, Woakes and co to walk away with an easy win.

I really did tihnk we ough to to have won. The key to winning these games is blocking off singles, and on smaller sub-continent grounds is easy to pack to infield. However on the bigger AUs grounds it was hard to block the singles and that provd th diff.

Still some imp issues to sort out, so India need to work. I dont know who India are facing in the warm up matches, but perhaps there will be some top sides.

richowebbo

County Cricketer
To be fair India have been kinda disappointing if u ask me. Fully deserve to be at the bottom right now. With the rain I think they got a bit of a reprieve. Had they lost, which was quite likely if the match had been reduced to 25 overs, then India would have been facing a near impossible qualification scenario.

Well we beat India but made it tough for ourselves. Plus side is, Finn is bowling well. Downside is we don't have an opening pair of any quality. Bell is as much of an opener as I am and Moeen just wants to slog everything. This puts pressure on Root, who for my money should be opening with Hales. Morgan not scoring again and should be dropped, but of course they went and made the second most out of form batter (behind Cook) in the English game captain. Good to see Taylor and Butler scoring.

When Cook got dropped, they should have done the same with Bell and Morgan, giving the youngsters a chance. What better way to gain experience than in a World Cup? I'm sick of the way the men in Suits are running English cricket. I don't think they watch County cricket. Us fans have been banging on about Taylor for years!

S

Satan666

Well not thsat I thought India stood a chance, surely cant see them getting past the group stage!

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Still some imp issues to sort out, so India need to work. I dont know who India are facing in the warm up matches, but perhaps there will be some top sides.

Australia and AFG for the 2 warm-up matches, afaik.

The repeated middle order collapse is very odd and worrying

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I agree with aditya here! I definitely see an upset coming, most likely against Ireland. A first round exit is unlikely given the format, but considering the rut that India are in right now, you can't discount that.

I think Binny has just earned himself a place with that performance. Better hope he keeps that up and get support from the rest of the bowlers. I hope they do not sacrifice the second spinner if they are playing in places like MCG, SCG or Adelaide. In these place, Binny should be the third seamer along with two spinners.

grkrama

National Board President
to me raina's form is worrying, apart from MSD, raina is the one we will look to finish matches. Hope he gets into touch. Dhawan showed lot of fight today , the best he has looked in sometime, think he around the corner to finding his form if he plays sensibly like today, still i think we need murali vijay in the squad i n these conditions will make a great middle order or opening option.

Jadeja looks horrible with the bat, same with akshar too here though his bowling is pretty effective.

MSD himself looks slower and rusty with bat though e got an unplayable one today. One of the key things is nowadays , bowlers are targeting him with bouncers after that last over in t20 in eng against woakes. slow bouncers mixed up seem effective against MSD than yorkers. He needs to work on that apart form other things.

rayudu really needs to work on temperament, if he cant i would rather have someone like vijay in his place.[DOUBLEPOST=1422645687][/DOUBLEPOST]kohli i guess its good he has bad phase now rahter than in WC, though no excuse for the shot he played today

Users who are viewing this thread