India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And then reappeared at the end of the series. ;)

I doubt Roy's ability to bat with the tail. If he gets to a fifty, that's a brilliant effort.

It was only a matter of time before Gilchrist went out.

He only makes runs when the team is in a strong position. It's exactly why he would've never made it into the Test Team if he was just a batsman, not a wicketkeeper.

You Indians should be happy with me for once. Everything I'm posting seems to be turning into reality...

No he doesn't. he best bats when we're in trouble.

Australia 5/126 (We went on to win. Gilly 149*)
Australia 5/99 (Gilly 122)
Australia 6/185 (Gilly 138*)
Australia 5/150 (Gilly 133)
Australia 2/26 (Gilly 144)
Australia 6/93 (Gilly 144)

And there are numerous other occasions when we have been 5/200 odd and Gilly has gone on to make a century.

Brain explosion from Hogg. Lucky there. Should've gone out.

Last edited:

And there are numerous other occasions when we have been 5/200 odd and Gilly has gone on to make a century.
I don't think so. More often then not he'll get out cheaply. It happened all the way through the 2005 Ashes series when the bowling was actual quality and it happened today. I bet you'll find when Gilly has made all of those hundreds his started out with an established batsman whose already made runs who helps him through the innings ala the same way Symonds made runs when batting with Hayden. Nowadays I think his incapable of doing it in a tight situation.

Brain explosion from Hogg. Lucky there. Should've gone out.

Very nice research there, Gilchrist doesn't just pride himself on his batting but for his keeping. And I think it's fair enough to say that Symonds wouldn't be in the team with just his batting.

Considering there is a lot of history of the outfield speeding up and then slowing down towards the end, I don't really think it matters if you bat or bowl first. The pitch seems really good for the bowlers at the moment with its bounce and turn.
The SCG is one of the few grounds in Australia where no team has chased 300 to win. Spin almost always plays a factor in the final dig and you'd be more than half a fool to surrender that advantage to Kumble and Harbhajan.

thx for them stats gilly fan i remember him coming in heaps of times when aus looked like gettin out for a low score an gilly comes in an makes a quick fire 100 to put us from in trouble to winning position.

Unfortunately i cant remember the last time hes made a century hes really starting to struggle an hes the type of guy who thinks team team team so he will want to retire if he thinks hes not performing well enough an someone can come in and do better

The SCG is one of the few grounds in Australia where no team has chased 300 to win. Spin almost always plays a factor in the final dig and you'd be more than half a fool to surrender that advantage to Kumble and Harbhajan.

And thus batting first would be pretty ideal. That is why India would've dearly wanted to bat first, I was just trying to contain sohummisra's argument of Australia's "dumb" act to bat first. But if India could bowl Australia out, get a decent start with maybe a lead of at least 100-150, then you always put yourself in to win this and not to mention the amount of pressure that will be upon Hogg and maybe Symonds on the last day. In a way, Australia might not even set 300 to win if India really take advantage of the spin later on in the match.

thx for them stats gilly fan i remember him coming in heaps of times when aus looked like gettin out for a low score an gilly comes in an makes a quick fire 100 to put us from in trouble to winning position.

Unfortunately i cant remember the last time hes made a century hes really starting to struggle an hes the type of guy who thinks team team team so he will want to retire if he thinks hes not performing well enough an someone can come in and do better

How could you not forget the 3rd test of the last Ashes. 57 balls my friend. 57 BALLS!!!!

I went to the last day of the Test against South Africa in 2006 at the SCG in which Australia chased down 290 in about 70 overs and only lost 2 wickets.

Clark probably can't but Binga and Johnson have the capability to hold down one end and turn the strike over.

I dont think so. The last few games Binga has been blocking against the spinners and been getting out cheaply. McGrath and MacGilla are the kings at sticking around with a top order player.

Whatever. Clark and Johnson are the best 10 and 11 in the world..

Sure, when we are on 550 leading by 400 and Punters wants to declare soon.

And thus batting first would be pretty ideal. That is why India would've dearly wanted to bat first, I was just trying to contain sohummisra's argument of Australia's "dumb" act to bat first.
If you read my post, I was not the one who thought it was dumb. I was pointing out that it actually wasn't dumb because they've had so much success with it over the last 3 years or so.

Good counterattack from Hogg and Symonds. We've been bowling far too loosely to Hogg. We need to keep up the pressure rather than thinking the tail will dismiss themselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread