India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Indian players cop allot of crap, lol. Nothing racist, just really harsh.

We expect high standards. To be honest, in Australia, Jaffer would have been dropped by now and not recalled, whereas India give him chance after chance. He belts a massive score and then scores several low scores.

Does he actually help the team win that much? He seems to aid more draws than victories.

Code:
                     Mat    I  NO  Runs HS1  HS2  HS3     Ave 100  50   0
matches won            6   11   1   370 138*  62   53   37.00   1   2   0
matches drawn         11   20   0  1036 212  202  100   51.80   3   6   4
matches lost           9   18   0   382 116   53   51   21.22   1   2   1

Compare to Tendulkar who really bats well when India win.

Code:
                     Mat    I  NO  Runs HS1  HS2  HS3     Ave 100  50   0
matches won           45   71  12  3793 248* 194* 193   64.28  13  14   2
matches drawn         58   80  12  4713 241* 217  201*  69.30  16  22   3
matches lost          40   80   0  2860 177  169  155   35.75   8  12   8

Looking at his average, one may think that Jaffer is a very good batsman, but his average is boosted by two double hundreds in draws. Fans' opinion of a player goes up significently when they aid a victory, but Jaffer does not seem to do that too often with just 1 century in 6 won matches.

Interesting out of all of the current Aussie batsman, Ponting & Gilly are the only ones not to get 100's so far this summer.

I also think Australia are really missing McGrath.

hmm good point i agree with u. drop him now after this test from indian point of view. not helping them win at all from the look of that.

hmm good point i agree with u. drop him now after this test from indian point of view. not helping them win at all from the look of that.

That was just some analysis, I am not saying that we should drop him immediately. However, if he fails to score over 15 or so once again, his place should be under some scrutiny. A quadruple failure is something quite serious.

Imagine yourself in my shoes! I can't play PlanetCricket Arcade due to people not agreeing with me that Brad Haddin is a good player so I have a neg rep.. and guess what, Neg rep people can't play it! :p

I had to endure the whole boringness of Dravid. I really think India should think about dropping either him or Jaffer, they aren't doing the job.

I watched it all day aswell. But I was posting on the forums aswell so it was alright.

Once again Laxman proving to be a pain in the ass for us. First time our new look bowling attack has been tested so will be interesting seeing how they go on day 3.

Once again Laxman proving to be a pain in the ass for us. First time our new look bowling attack has been tested so will be interesting seeing how they go on day 3.
yeah laxman has really tried to attack us aussies and i say good on him unlike other indian batsmen:spy

Jaffer's not good enough, quite simply. Gambhir for me is the instant selection, but given the circumstances, Sehwag should've played from day 1. If Dravid must open, Sehwag as his partner is a no-brainer. They are very complimentary and the records show they form huge partnerships.

Jaffer was in good form before this series but like many batters that come here he has been exposed by us. Sehwag is there only real option, hes hit and miss but he has hit against us before.

Gambhir for me is the instant selection

Why? He has recently been out of his depth in ODIs and less recently in Tests. It seems that he is only suited to T20. My pick would have been Aakash Chopra for 891 FC runs this season at 63.64 rather than Gambhir who has a similar average, but does not have the quantity of performances nor the vital India A showing that Chopra does. Sehwag is a punt, but I see no point in picking him if there is no intention to play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread