India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at the single motion he takes the ball in at, he had his fingers under that when he brought it up as the ball traveled. Even the commentators are saying that he caught it.

Which commentator? The Australian opener or the Indian opener?

You can't trust replays for bump catches. It's a real weak spot even in commentary technology, there's no real good aid that proves one way or the other. Commentators have done simulations to show how a clean catch can look bumped through the ground cameras and vice versa; the direct effect of this is that the third umpire is not capable of adjudicating on them properly and has never given anyone out caught like this.

This is why Ponting called for captains to enact an honour system, but rather obviously it was not taken on board, because the team that takes the most catches and gives the least would obviously benefit the most from it.

Game over now.
Replays showing that Ganguly`s catch was taken one bounce as well and that he touched the ground with the ball while completing the catch.
Benson took the fielders word.
Should we Indian fans still not complain ?

India made a decision not to complain about the umpires but this is really getting out of hand.

What's changed? Everyone hates Australia, because when Australia get decisions against them no one else cares do they? But when Australia have any kind of doubt against them, they are all of the sudden the "villains". Mark Taylor made a very strong point, no dirt flew and Clarke's fingers were under it, 3rd umpire wouldn't have been able to identify whether it was out or not. Clarke went down with the ball and it flew into his hands, it looked like it hit the ground but in the same action he brings the ball up, which is a strong supporter for catching the ball.

We've seen Hussey and Ponting both have a similar one but both were honest enough to be unsure. Hate them if you must, but Australia are not liars. Clarke caught that, unless anyone has proof that he didn't then he did.

Never mind the catch was clean or not, the ball touched the ground when he rolled over in act of completing the catch. Dont know if the Channel 9 will show Australian public that but its clear in our broadcast by Star.

That whole Ponting asking for teams to be honest seemed a bit weird to me, when he's always said that he will never walk even if he hits the ball. So how can he ask for honesty in one area but not another?

It was a catch fingers were definatly under the ball stopping it hitting ground.

Benson asked bucknor he said yes it carried.
Then benson asked the aussies agian if it def carried they said yes so he gave it out.
I bet a million bucks if it was aus batting an india bowling an that wasnt given out they would all be on here whinging saying it was clearly out :rolleyes:

Remember india 1st innings ponting went for a catch all aussies thought he caught it indian batsmen thought he might of also but ponting said no (umps had no idea)
Also happened in melbourne test an seen it heaps of times before from aus.

If they have any doubt at all a catch carried they say so.

Which commentator? The Australian opener or the Indian opener?

Well, obviously the Australian commentators. But they are not one's to lie about it.

Is no one taking the fact that Clarke's reaction? He knew he had it and I see no reason why he would lie, obviously you would not want to start celebrating if the ball clearly landed in front of you and build up a reputation of lying.

About 3-4 years ago, Australia vs. Pakistan in a ODI, an Australian player hit the ball straight towards a Pakistan fielder and actually caught it, but he had doubts over it so it wasn't out. Obviously if you're confident enough in a catch like Clarke then there should be no dramas, assuming that most players are honest.

Asking a player to make a decision for you is dire. You have a job, you had best do it to the best of your abilities. If there is doubt with a bump catch you ask the other on field umpire; his name is Steve Bucknor. He did ask him but he didn't look too sure himself. If doubt still remains there is a bloody third umpire; his name is Bruce Oxenford. If for some reason he thinks Ricky ponting is the second on field umpire or the third umpire, he has serious problems. As you can see, I'm not for the honour system.

Credit to the Aussies though. They have bowled well even if Dravid wasn't out and Ganguly's wicket was suspect. They've set good fields which have put Indians under pressure and have bowled good line and length.

It was a catch fingers were definatly under the ball stopping it hitting ground.

Benson asked bucknor he said yes it carried.
Then benson asked the aussies agian if it def carried they said yes so he gave it out.
I bet a million bucks if it was aus batting an india bowling an that wasnt given out they would all be on here whinging saying it was clearly out :rolleyes:

Remember india 1st innings ponting went for a catch all aussies thought he caught it indian batsmen thought he might of also but ponting said no (umps had no idea)
Also happened in melbourne test an seen it heaps of times before from aus.

If they have any doubt at all a catch carried they say so.

Why ask fielders. Hes umpire and shuld ask either third or worst ever Buknor.

The Indian opener, Gavaskar, is arguing that it wasn't a clean catch. And I don't think he is one to lie about it. He thinks that the catch should have at least been referred to the third umpire, since the replays that were shown on Star indicated somewhat of a bounce, something close to the ground being used for positioning.

Game over now.
Replays showing that Ganguly`s catch was taken one bounce as well and that he touched the ground with the ball while completing the catch.
Benson took the fielders word. Should we Indian fans still not complain ?

India made a decision not to complain about the umpires but this is really getting out of hand.

If I was Kumble, I would have called the team back into the pavilion (even if the umpires had forfeited the game to Australia a'la Oval). I dont care a hoot about who wins here. This game has been corrupted to the best (I am sure even Australia wont feel happy about winning this if they do).

Dravid played well today. I wouldnt blame him at all. Inspite of not being in flow, he has been gamely fighting it out in the middle. Some time or the other, he will find his flow.

Well, obviously the Australian commentators. But they are not one's to lie about it.

Is no one taking the fact that Clarke's reaction? He knew he had it and I see no reason why he would lie, obviously you would not want to start celebrating if the ball clearly landed in front of you and build up a reputation of lying.

About 3-4 years ago, Australia vs. Pakistan in a ODI, an Australian player hit the ball straight towards a Pakistan fielder and actually caught it, but he had doubts over it so it wasn't out. Obviously if you're confident enough in a catch like Clarke then there should be no dramas, assuming that most players are honest.

Gilly appealed when he saw that ball from Dravid came off pad. Australia will appeal and claim anything for 16th win.

Gilly appealed when he saw that ball from Dravid came off pad. Australia will appeal and claim anything for 16th win.

In defense of the Aussies, they have the right to appeal. It's upto the umpire to decide whether it's out or not.

That whole Ponting asking for teams to be honest seemed a bit weird to me, when he's always said that he will never walk even if he hits the ball. So how can he ask for honesty in one area but not another?

Because it is not up to him if he is out or not. It's the umpire which control his faith, whether out or not. But when it comes to fielding, umpires aren't always sure about whether a ball was a wicket and how they act on the field, builds a reputation on the players, the team and Ricky Ponting. Or is there some need for players to lie about whether they caught the ball or not?

Why ask fielders. Hes umpire and shuld ask either third or worst ever Buknor.

Clarke caught the ball, reaction was made, he had a general idea of what happened, looked at Bucknor, he nodded and just glanced at Ponting and was enough to say he was out.

We all agree the indians have had the worst of the decisions you have a little whinge an then need to get over it.
No need to keep going on an on about it and blaming them for everything.
Every team has bad days with umpires now an then if they keep whinging about it instead of getting over it an getting there mind back on the job they only have themselves to blame.

I actually dont want aus to win now coz we have had so many more decisions in our favour(1st time ever)

U didnt see the aussies keep whinging about ponting being given out when he didnt hit it or dravid and tendulkar plumb lbws not given when they had hardly any runs.
A few had a small whinge then got over it.

The umpiring has been shocking

We get done by on 15 decisions in a match and you`ll still say that.

*And Michael Clarke may have taken the catch but in the act of gaining control and while rolling over his palms along with the ball touched the ground when he was still not in control of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread