India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's something that wasn't noted or even talked about on our network, and I doubt the 3rd umpire would've been looking at that as well. And I doubt that would change the opinions of any Indian fans anyway.

This is where channel responsibility comes. Why would Australia show this footage anyway.

Thats the danger. If Gilly appeals all think its out but that is not always true

That statement is false, Gilchrist bases himself on his honesty. He hits out, he'll walk, but there have been many occasions where he has stood his ground and still given out, but he takes it and no one really makes anything of it 10 minutes later.

Even on the field, you'd have doubts of Gilchrist, and again, he has had many confident appeals against him. Any strong appeal would be taken into consideration, and Adam Gilchrist had one.

The third umpire is supposed to uphold the laws of the game and if that replay was available to him, he should have at least had the opportunity to do so.

TBH i have doubt about third umpire as well.

That statement is false, Gilchrist bases himself on his honesty. He hits out, he'll walk, but there have been many occasions where he has stood his ground and still given out, but he takes it and no one really makes anything of it 10 minutes later.

Even on the field, you'd have doubts of Gilchrist, and again, he has had many confident appeals against him. Any strong appeal would be taken into consideration, and Adam Gilchrist had one.

Dont tell me he did not see ball coming off Pads.

Last edited:
TBH i have doubt about third umpire as well.

lol, that's true. I forgot about his incorrect decision that allowed Symonds to continue his third innings.

It doesn't matter anyhow. Let's hope that Kumble and Dhoni can keep fighting against all odds.

But then this happens all around the world, it's nothing new besides the exception of 1 or 2 players that walk. You can't expect every player in the world to be honest. Unless there is a want to keep Australia from being as honest as possible on the field I see nothing wrong with Ricky Ponting asking them to be honest on the field.

Ricky Ponting asking everyone to be honest! That is interesting. Even in this test match he was clearly out and did not walk. Just a little while ago he dived and made a big appeal for a catch and the replays cleared showed that he grassed it. He has to start working on his honesty before starting to advise others.

The third umpire is supposed to uphold the laws of the game and if that replay was available to him, he should have at least had the opportunity to do so.

But with Australia, there was only consistent replays of whether he caught it or not, the umpires and Ricky Ponting.

The game is never perfect and nonetheless both teams have played well.

Dont tell me he did not see ball coming off Pads.

So you're implying that you can determine whether Michael Clarke caught that ball in real time motion with no replays? You can't spot everything, if we did then the game of Cricket would be too perfect.

But then this happens all around the world, it's nothing new besides the exception of 1 or 2 players that walk. You can't expect every player in the world to be honest. Unless there is a want to keep Australia from being as honest as possible on the field I see nothing wrong with Ricky Ponting asking them to be honest on the field.

Well that's something that wasn't noted or even talked about on our network, and I doubt the 3rd umpire would've been looking at that as well. And I doubt that would change the opinions of any Indian fans anyway.

Just because you network did not show that, it does not mean that it was out.

So you're implying that you can determine whether Michael Clarke caught that ball in real time motion with no replays? You can't spot everything, if we did then the game of Cricket would be too perfect.

I was saying abt Gilly catching Dravid. From 2 feet away if Gilly cant see ball came from pad then you need to change your keeper cos hes not watching the ball.

Just because you network did not show that, it does not mean that it was out.

Leave it, brother. We'll live to fight another day. Kumble and Dhoni are doing one helluva of a job and they've got to keep doing it.

The Aussie commentators are mentioning about Ponting putting the ball on the ground when he claimed a catch earlier, interesting to note it's exactly the same as Clarke did.

Leave it, brother. We'll live to fight another day. Kumble and Dhoni are doing one helluva of a job and they've got to keep doing it.

Its matter of 1 ball though.

I would not have high hopes with the third/TV umpire. He is a very patriotic Australian who gave not out for Symonds when Dhoni stumped in the first innings. Even the Australian commentators thought that it was out.

Ricky Ponting asking everyone to be honest! That is interesting. Even in this test match he was clearly out and did not walk. Just a little while ago he dived and made a big appeal for a catch and the replays cleared showed that he grassed it. He has to start working on his honesty before starting to advise others.

This would be very hypocritical to say at the very least if you do not have anything to back it up. Name one team in the modern era that has had every player be honest within a team? It's become a trend, yes a trend that the players rely on the umpires to decide whether they caught it or not. Yes the umpires. They are there for a reason.

Ricky Ponting thought he caught it because "he thought it was out"...what simpler irony is there? Do you think he'd appeal for something not out?

If you're looking for honesty, then you just proved yourself, Ricky Ponting thought he caught it and that's as honest as he can get or what is he to do.

Ricky Ponting's mindset: Oh, I think I caught the ball...what should I do? Nah, I won't appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread