India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dhoni almost got out. For once Bucknors mind worked.

Had Benson's mind worked a bit at the time when Ganguly got out, India could have been under far less pressure and we would not have wasted 4-5 pages here discussing about that one dismissal.

Damn, this is going to be a draw. Get Lee and Clark bowling if they can (I dont know what spells they have completeed - only just started watching then).

This would be very hypocritical to say at the very least if you do not have anything to back it up. Name one team in the modern era that has had every player be honest within a team? It's become a trend, yes a trend that the players rely on the umpires to decide whether they caught it or not. Yes the umpires. They are there for a reason.

Ricky Ponting thought he caught it because "he thought it was out"...what simpler irony is there? Do you think he'd appeal for something not out?

If you're looking for honesty, then you just proved yourself, Ricky Ponting thought he caught it and that's as honest as he can get or what is he to do.

Ricky Ponting's mindset: Oh, I think I caught the ball...what should I do? Nah, I won't appeal.

In one of the articles I read recently the following is Ricky Ponting's comments

"Ricky Ponting has called for honesty to prevail when there is doubt over whether a catch has carried, saying that the batsman should trust the word of the fielder."

How can one trust the word of the fielder when we know for sure in the last hour two appeals were made where the catches were grassed one by Ponting himself.

Don't know what's going to win us the match now. Need to get these 2 out in the next 20 minutes.

Dhoni almost got out. For once Bucknors mind worked.

I thought he would not go to the third umpire and ask one of the fielders about what he thought !

Don't know what's going to win us the match now.

Sure you know what --- > Mr.Bucknor and Mr.Benson !:D:happy

Last edited:
Fair enough, Cricketman93 and Saisrini, to me it looked wrong. I was obviously wrong then but I was just making a point.

Come on India! Dhoni has done surprisingly well to stay this long.

Woo! Was really scared there for a minute. Hang in there guys!

In one of the articles I read recently the following is Ricky Ponting's comments

"Ricky Ponting has called for honesty to prevail when there is doubt over whether a catch has carried, saying that the batsman should trust the word of the fielder."

How can one trust the word of the fielder when we know for sure in the last hour two appeals were made where the catches were grassed one by Ponting himself.

Frankly, I've had enough of the arguments for now.

Everyone hates Australia, everyone tries to find loops to hating Australia, everything Australia does goes under the microscope and you are a pure example of it.

I just want to watch the last 15 or so overs.

Frankly, I've had enough of the arguments for now.

Everyone hates Australia, everyone tries to find loops to hating Australia, everything Australia does goes under the microscope and you are a pure example of it.

I just want to watch the last 15 or so overs.

Yep, and the funny thing is that this situation could be completely reversed and they'd be saying complete opposite things.

---

Now, this will be some nail biting cricket from here on.

Log off PC and watch it, then?

And you are doing the classic 'ignore the main point of the post and pick on something smaller' move, well played.

Thats the danger. If Gilly appeals all think its out but that is not always true

6ywfiow.jpg

Someone's been watching a stream. ;)

Imagine if Ponting declared earlier...

Shall I pull out another If here !
Imagine if Symonds was given out on 30 in the first innings !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread