India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking is the most stupid thing in my opinion. It's not about out or not out, it's actually about the respect for the umpire's authority. There's really no difference between a batsman standing his ground when he's given out and walking when you could potentially be not out (ala Gilchrist '03 WC) The umpire is there to do a job and by walking your overriding the rules of the game for both sides.

Match was unfair to me, and no I'm not a sore loser, Symonds added 131 when he should have been out, only for some crap umpire to not give him, also Dravis should not have been out in the second innings, these are two points which have turned the match in Australia's favour....

Yeah no one cares mate, you are just reiterating a point that has been made 74 times in the last 10 pages.

Cricket is a game of ups and downs. So get over it, i know i would if the result was different, all you can do is hope for the best next test.

Match was unfair to me, and no I'm not a sore loser, Symonds added 131 when he should have been out, only for some crap umpire to not give him, also Dravis should not have been out in the second innings, these are two points which have turned the match in Australia's favour....

Trust me, you will be bullied into accepting the Aussie version of these events.

It's supposed to be politically correct to say that umpiring is just part and parcel of the game and we should all move on from it.

Then everybody will praise you for being such a nice sport.

Yeah, right...

I'd rather have abuse than that kind of praise from any of our members here. I dare to speak my mind openly and I do think that India were done in by the umpiring and we have every right to be mad about it.

But of course... I'm a lot calmer now than I was before. But damn it, I want the Indians to boycott Bucknor and Benson! :mad

Hanlon's razor, people.

Way back in 1979, India were chasing 438 in the fourth test against
England at the Oval, down 0-1 in the series. Questionable umpiring
decisions by David Constant and Ken Palmer made sure that the game ended
at 429 for 8. Fascinating story, go look it up. Of note was a bump catch
decision against G R Vishwanath which famously led the ever-gentlemanly
Vishy to stand his ground until the umpire gave him the marching order.
Next year Vishy as Captain recalled England's Bob Taylor to the crease
after the latter was adjudged out under similar circumstances. The sixth
wicket fell 144 runs later (85 for 6 versus 229 for 6, anyone?) and
England won the Test.

My point being? Something about class, but never mind.

Yes, it was unfair to me too. How Tendulkar was caught dead plumb in his 50's... Oh, how cruel is the irony in this life? And oh Dravid, the man who has been struggling to find form. I'd doubt he would've survived that much longer.

Trust me, you will be bullied into accepting the Aussie version of these events.

It's supposed to be politically correct to say that umpiring is just part and parcel of the game and we should all move on from it.

Then everybody will praise you for being such a nice sport.

Yeah, right...

I'd rather have abuse than that kind of praise from any of our members here. I dare to speak my mind openly and I do think that India were done in by the umpiring and we have every right to be mad about it.

But of course... I'm a lot calmer now than I was before. But damn it, I want the Indians to boycott Bucknor and Benson! :mad

If only players knew Martial arts like me.:p

Yes, it was unfair to me too. How Tendulkar was caught dead plumb in his 50's... Oh, how cruel is the irony in this life? And oh Dravid, the man who has been struggling to find form. I'd doubt he would've survived that much longer.

The wall was standing tall and when hes stuck you cant get him out. He could have easily eaten 30 overs himself. Beside he was in partnership with Dada.

Last edited:
So does that allow every other test playing nation to boycott umpires that have given everyone some bad decisions???

So should Australia now ask for the 2005 Ashes back since some bad decisions were given????

uh, ive had enough for today, but i can only see it getting worse since Indias media will brainwash them.

Oh and what did Symonds do so wrong, you were complaining about his behaviour?

Cricket is a game of ups and downs. So get over it, i know i would if the result was different, all you can do is hope for the best next test.

i have had enough talk about this match. Time to move on and look f.or controvercies coming in next few days

India had 4 or 5 bad decisions for every single bad decision against Australia.

Hardly balances out. Let's not go down that route???

Walking is the most stupid thing in my opinion.

Have you ever heard of saying somewhere that, "Cricket is gentleman's game"? or something like that. Gilchrist follows it. Tendulkar follows it. Lara followed it. But those were good old days where the umpires were spot on!

Anyways, " To err is human!" and we can't simply bother and spoil ourselves about those umpiring things. Lets move on and look forward to next cricket action. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread