India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ganguly was the one who looked dangerous. Would've been better if he didn't play so aggressive but it works out for him. Just needs to maintain that wicket.
He's more effective in Tests than ODIs because the boundaries stay hit and he doesn't have to run.

He's more effective in Tests than ODIs because the boundaries stay hit and he doesn't have to run.

Same with Laxman. Actually the reason Laxman could not score quickly in ODIs is because the field is spread out.

He plays lovely shots, but is not an unorthodox player and his running between the wickets is very poor.

Well, here's my 11 for the Perth Test:

1. Dinesh Karthik
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Sourav Ganguly
6. VVS Laxman
7. MS Dhoni (K)
8. Irfan Pathan
9. Anil Kumble (C)
10. RP Singh
11. Ishant Sharma

I'd drop the out-of-form Wasim Jaffer and play the extra-seamer/allrounder in Irfan Pathan. This will strengthen the lower order and add a seam bowler to the attack.

We can use Sehwag's part-time offspin if needed. As also Tendulkar.

That will most likely be the case, 4 pacemen will do there and Clarke and Symonds if some spin is needed. But I really do despise Johnson.

But on current form Dravid is nowhere near Ganguly.

But I agree that overall Dravid is the better technician and the better batsman in Test cricket.

Dravid easily best Test batsmen of the 4. Nowdays has just gone mad cos he is opening and frankly he does not like it.
Ganguly was best ODI batter in his ealry days...even better than Tendulkar. He never had the grit to make good as Test batsmen. When he got dropped from side he has come back with grit and determination to play Test cricket that is why he is sucessful these days.
Tendulkar has stopped playing like Tendulakr 8 years ago and since then he is consistent player in both forms of cricket. This is only reason i dont like him. I absolutey loved old Tendulkar. He needs to chat with Lara cos he stayed aggressive throughout his career.
Laxman well is in his own league when playing Australia. Best player against spin of all 4. too bad he does not play as well against other countries. Nowdays has understood that he is not going to play ODI hence has become somewhat consistent in Test matches.

Future: Yuvraj needs to learn fast about Test cricket. Kartick would be good middle order batter as well. Suresh Raina is also another player with flare and class. Badrinath is another player who will fit in easily as he also has ggod technique. Not sure about Tiwari and Utthapa. Bit rash for my liking. Can do well in ODI and maybe carry on then in Test matches.

Well, here's my 11 for the Perth Test:

1. Dinesh Karthik
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. Sourav Ganguly
6. VVS Laxman
7. MS Dhoni (K)
8. Irfan Pathan
9. Anil Kumble (C)
10. RP Singh
11. Ishant Sharma

I'd drop the out-of-form Wasim Jaffer and play the extra-seamer/allrounder in Irfan Pathan. This will strengthen the lower order and add a seam bowler to the attack.

We can use Sehwag's part-time offspin if needed. As also Tendulkar.

i think jaffer will fire late in the series as he always does,i think the only change will be vrv singh for harbhajan singh

i think jaffer will fire late in the series as he always does,i think the only change will be vrv singh for harbhajan singh

No way they'll play VRV ahead of Irfan Pathan. (at least I hope not)

I feel it's time for Dinesh Karthik to be given a chance. So also Sehwag.

What's the use of having these two openers if they cannot play? Wasim Jaffer has had his chances and he now has to make way for the others.

That will most likely be the case, 4 pacemen will do there and Clarke and Symonds if some spin is needed. But I really do despise Johnson.

If they ever were going to play 4 pacemen here is their chance. Still don't know if they will break tradition though.

hoggs home ground so doubt they will drop him even though he wont do a thing with the ball

i think h singh will play after all everything that has happened you think they would not play him.

i think h singh will play after all everything that has happened you think they would not play him.

No, just because he ban is lifted till the appeal does not mean he will be picked for Perth pitch. Only we he can play is if Kumble gets injured or pitch is what everyone is saying it has turned into. I personally would love bouncy track as it will give chance for our bowlers to get wickets rather than flat wicket where every Aussie coming will score runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread