India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of interest, where's Chawla? I understand he wasn't picked for the Test squad because there are already two spinners but is he there for the one-dayers and is he highly rated by fans?

Running through every side he plays against in the Indian domestic league for Uttar Pradesh.

Right now, I dont think Sehwag can perform worser than Jaffer, and so I want Sehwag to be picked. Give him a chance to perform tomorrow at the practice match and pick him for Perth. Dinesh Karthik must be happy now that Yuvraj is not performing well and this opens a window for him to get in. But I would instead opt for Pathan to bloster our bowling attack and Pathan is not a bad replacement with the bat for Yuvraj, ON CURRENT FORM.

Drop Jaffer for Sehwag
Drop Yuvraj for Karthik
Drop Harbhajan for Irfan.

Any particular reason why Karthik is slotted in at five by Cricinfo?

I would go with this vs Australia

Sehwag
Karthik
Laxman
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Dravid
Dhoni or Harbajan
Irfan
Kumble
Pankaj
RP

Last edited:
Karthik is a middle order batsmen by nature, so if Sehwag is playing, they may as well put him there, I prefer him opening though, so Jaffer can get back to the old ways.

I hope Jaffer doesn't play the next test now if he gets a big score.

IMO, leave yuvraj in, law of averages states he cant possible go poorly this test :p

AUS TEAM:
IN: Rogers, Tait??
OUT: Hayden, Hogg

Drop Jaffer for Sehwag
Drop Yuvraj for Karthik
Drop Harbhajan for Irfan.

Any particular reason why Karthik is slotted in at five by Cricinfo?

I would go with this vs Australia

Sehwag
Karthik
Laxman
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Dravid
Dhoni or Harbajan
Irfan
Kumble
Pankaj
RP

What's with Indian fans wanting to drop Harbhajan. Leaving out all the other rubbish his bowling has been more than decent and hes the one getting Ponting out. Take him out and Ponting might start scoring 100s again.

1.) Some just don't like him (eg. me).
2.) Other than getting Ponting out, he has hardly been threatening, he's bagged easy wickets.

Rogers is playing the in ACT XI. I'd say only pick him if he does well, but the selectors will probably go the safe option and pick him regardless.

1.) Some just don't like him (eg. me).
2.) Other than getting Ponting out, he has hardly been threatening, he's bagged easy wickets.

Also, on this Perth deck, it would be unwise to play 2 spinners.

Would Pathan be in for Sharma?

I would go with Pankaj Singh in for Sharma, but Ishanth bowled well at Sydney.
He was unlucky, bowled with aggression in bursts. The bouncy pitch will help him.
I reckon hell stay.

Last edited:
Australia are likely to pick a player for the future and in Rogers for Hayden. A better move would be to put Katich, the best batsman in the domestic tournament of Australia (Pura cup?) according to cricinfo. Meh i would rather see Mathew Elliot get a call up considering his experience. But is he even in any consideration?

We need an aggresive approach. Put in Pathan for Harbhajan, Kartik for Yuvraj, Sehwag for Jaffer and keep Dravid at 2 because Kartik and Sehwag haven't been at good form at all recently so why make them open. Though if they show form i would make them open in the last test at Adelaide. Dhoni has keeped well and we haven't seen Kartik keep yet so maybe the gloves should be given to Kartik in the ACT game.

Australia are likely to pick a player for the future and in Rogers for Hayden. A better move would be to put Katich, the best batsman in the domestic tournament of Australia (Pura cup?) according to cricinfo. Meh i would rather see Mathew Elliot get a call up considering his experience. But is he even in any consideration?

We need an aggresive approach. Put in Pathan for Harbhajan, Kartik for Yuvraj, Sehwag for Jaffer and keep Dravid at 2 because Kartik and Sehwag haven't been at good form at all recently so why make them open. Though if they show form i would make them open in the last test at Adelaide. Dhoni has keeped well and we haven't seen Kartik keep yet so maybe the gloves should be given to Kartik in the ACT game.
Dravid hasnt been in form either.
Sehwag and Karthik sounds good. At least make them play where their comfortable.

India 111/1 in the first session
Wasim Jaffer 50*
D Karthik 22*

Jaffer has sealed his place for Perth. IMO, this score will prove to be enough for the management to select him at Perth (not that I am confident he will do well in Perth!). It depends on how Karthik goes to see whether Sehwag or Karthik come in. The way Jaffer hit those sixes could possibly tell that he is getting into some groove. He seems to be very late in getting set into foreign conditions (he had the same problem in South Africa before scoring that century in Cape Town). Sehwag got a decent 24 but he should have taken it far.

Want to see how our bowling fare. Good scoring rate by the top three. But this match might not help us that much getting ready for Perth which is a very different wicket. I hope our passion to do well and our new found bonding takes us through at Perth

What's with Indian fans wanting to drop Harbhajan. Leaving out all the other rubbish his bowling has been more than decent and hes the one getting Ponting out. Take him out and Ponting might start scoring 100s again.

Absolutely. Harbhajan can be picked just for his wood on Ponting. Let Ponting score big and the other players will feed off his scoring, and will make it big themselves. And Ponting can deflate your confidence with his fast scoring ways. He will not look that aggressive, but he scores very fast.

Last edited:
I doubt rogers will get a game - i don't think he's been playing much lately and he hasn't been playing that well. But having said that, form isn't exactly required when you're going to be facing a grade cricket type fast bowling attack that the indians have. Hodge will come in for Hayden and Huss will open.

jaffer scoring runs here will seal his place for the 3rd test but i dont think he ll score any runs thr,he a good player of mediocre bowling but against quality attacks he is found wanting.

If they aren't picking Rogers, I can't see how Katich can be overlooked. He seems to be at the peak of his powers, easily the best batsman in the domestic scene and he has not only experience against India, but a very good record against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread