India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could travel to Heaven and back before Adam Gilchrist would deliberately lie. Calls can be close, spur of the moment thing. Usually you hear a small click while the ball just passes the bat, you assume it's been edged. Lots of things can go through your head without noticing but I very much doubt he would lie, especially when we've seen him walk for embarrassingly low scores.

I remember at the the MCG when Jaffer was appealed to be caught behind on a no-ball.
Gilchrist was interviewed after, he said that he thought the ball hit the shoulder, but it was worth a shout.

Anyways, Ishanth has booked himself a spot, Pankaj and RP have bowled well as well...

I remember at the the MCG when Jaffer was appealed to be caught behind on a no-ball.
Gilchrist was interviewed after, he said that he thought the ball hit the shoulder, but it was worth a shout.

Anyways, Ishanth has booked himself a spot, Pankaj and RP have bowled well as well...

really i'd like to see that interview.

I wonder how India's fielding was considering they played a far younger team. Though it has to be said that the oldies at times have made youngsters like RP look pretty ordinary. Panknaj didnt pick any wickets but was economical. To me it looks like Pathan has got a chance at a spot considering he scored 33 compared to yuvraj's 2. He bowled ok but considering his batting form he could be useful. Five man attack is what i'm hopin for. VRV was terrible from what i've read but apparently Ishant found extra pace. Ishant, RP, Kumble, Pathan and Harbhajan? as the bowling attack. I wonder how Paknaj bowled. Was he unlucky? Knicks that narrowly missed the stumps or was he badly outside offstump that the batsman didn't need to throw away their wicket?

With all the talk of honesty, fair play and sportsmanship, I think people forget it's not really anything to do with being certain and then making an honest call. You get the ball and just react. The more you analyse it, the further you get from the moment.

It would be ridiculous to tell keepers to not appeal unless they are sure it is out. Just because you think it is a maybe, doesn't mean it actually is.

if anyone saw the any of the tour game. how did pathan bowl. any chance he could get picked.

Ishant is the ananomaly who will (not his fault) continue India on the path of taking people straight out of youth cricket into the international setup. It is not the right way to do things. Chris Rogers said in an interview that VRV Singh has talent (singling him and Ishant out) but I say that he (a long with the other reserve string fast bowlers: Pankaj, Munaf, Pathan...etc) should be nurtured in the NCA for the entire off season and monitered throughout a season.

VRV Singh can bowl 90mph, I have seen it before myself. But without coaching, he will never realise the accuracy and seam movement which is keeping him away from being a successful international cricketer.

if anyone saw the any of the tour game. how did pathan bowl. any chance he could get picked.

If Yuvi does not score above 50 then Pathan will play. I dont think Kumble is thinking about dropping Bhajji and Ishant with his 3 wickets has sealed his ticket for Perth as well.

i think 3 pace bowlers and pathan can bat a bit. it would be better for pathan to get a chance.

Not a bad knock by Chris Rogers but still leaves the door open for David Hussey and co.

John Rogers certainly won't forget his knock too bad he couldn't make a 100.

Anyone think it would be wise to have a rotation policy with our pace bowlers so that we can make sure that no one gets injured from overuse?

It really is a tough one. He can score very big scores, but is the small scores imbetween worth it?
Personally, no.
I watched some highlights, and Karthik did look quite comfortable, considering this is his first match in Australia.
He was unlucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread