India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sehwag outdoes Jaffer and brings up a blistering century, albeit against hapless bowlers. Can't see how they'd choose Jaffer over him. Or rather, hope they won't. :p

Interesting and exciting batting from Sehwag! A century against any attack in a game in Australia is considered good enough. I guess Jaffer has to make way for Sehwag (inspite of that 92). If Sehwag can give this kind of impetus to the innings, it would be fantastic.

Ishant and RP are set. But how will Irfan be drafted in? For Yuvraj or for Harbhajan? I dont think India will be brave and go for the five bowler theory becoz its Perth and you need full batting support. 7 batsman + Pathan will be more stronger. So the team selection for Perth will be interesting to watch

LOL! Weak dismissal for Sehwag. Just played a defensive shot and tickled it to the keeper.

That isn't a weak dismissal, thats a dismissal bowlers strive for.

A weak dismissal is being caught down legside or something like tat.

That settles it. Sehwag's in at Perth and Karthik looks like he wants to get a spot as well, but he needs to convert this start into a big score.

Interesting and exciting batting from Sehwag! A century against any attack in a game in Australia is considered good enough. I guess Jaffer has to make way for Sehwag (inspite of that 92). If Sehwag can give this kind of impetus to the innings, it would be fantastic.

Ishant and RP are set. But how will Irfan be drafted in? For Yuvraj or for Harbhajan? I dont think India will be brave and go for the five bowler theory becoz its Perth and you need full batting support. 7 batsman + Pathan will be more stronger. So the team selection for Perth will be interesting to watch

Two spinners are too many in Perth. In the past history, including the Indian team never played two spinners in Perth. It does not make sense to pick Harbajan just to irritate Ponting. Although this may never happen I would go with the following team and the batting order for the Perth Test.

1. Sehwag
2. Karthik (Seem to tough it out in rough situations, can run singles and very good fielder and seem to be getting into some form)
3. Laxman
4. Tendulkar
5. Dravid
6. Ganguly
7. Dhoni
8. Pathan (Can swing the ball and could be effective in a pace friendly wicket)
9. Kumble
10. RP Singh
11. Ishant Sharma (His height, ability to get the bounce and binging the ball in makes him effective. Hope he gets to be more accurate)

But knowing the way Indian think tank operates, Jaffer and Sehwag will open, Dravid will play one down, Laxman will be No. 6. I would not be surprised if Harbajan plays.

That isn't a weak dismissal, thats a dismissal bowlers strive for.

A weak dismissal is being caught down legside or something like tat.
It's a dismissal to a weak shot, is what I meant to say. Normally Sehwag would have been carving that over point or over mid-wicket, but he elected to try and defend it.

The way things are going kartik, jaffer and sehwag might all get a spot. Kartik is a keeper after all so he has an outside chance to get dhoni's spot assuming he scores a century and dhoni fails with the bat (a score lower than 40ish). Yuvraj no matter what he does will be dropped unless he scores a century which is highly unlikely given the time left for the match and the way kartik and jaffer are batting.

And Jaffer goes.
Yuvraj Singh has come back in at number four.
Yuvraj only averages 31 in first class cricket, said the box.
Why is he playing in Australia?

Sehwag, Karthik and Jaffer won't all play. I hope Sehwag makes the cut, though.

Sehwag and Karthik for me.
We cant expect the same sort of inning from Jaffer like the first innings with Lee in the attack.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!11 :( :( :( :( :(

Karthik gone, LBW :(
3 more, Dinesh. They now have a reason to drop you :(

That is one FAT umpire!!!

Last edited:
Karthik fallen 3 runs short of a century. Darn. No guarantee he'll be in the team now. He just needed 3 runs. Yuvraj has been raised to 4 so they're giving him one more chance to prove himself. Somehow i get the feeling that if Yuvraj scores a fifty he'll get the nod ahead of kartik. Sehwag should be in but considering the Indian think tank is not trust worthy to make logical decisions (though they're getting better) its not a given. I want Kartik back into the team with Sehwag as his other openner.

Karthik fallen 3 runs short of a century. Darn. No guarantee he'll be in the team now. He just needed 3 runs. Yuvraj has been raised to 4 so they're giving him one more chance to prove himself. Somehow i get the feeling that if Yuvraj scores a fifty he'll get the nod ahead of kartik. Sehwag should be in but considering the Indian think tank is not trust worthy to make logical decisions (though they're getting better) its not a given. I want Kartik back into the team with Sehwag as his other openner.

Whats with the selectors hell-bent over selecting a hapless Yuvraj Singh?
A fifty over a 97?
Screw that.

Booya! Perara strikes, and Yuvraj is gone! :)
Now declare!

Last edited:
A fifty over a 97?
Screw that.

Its Yuvraj Singh and so the selectors will all bow down. :hpraise:hpraise:hpraise

Its only Dinesh Kartik who was our 3rd best batsman in 2007 (tests) but the selectors drop him just because he failed in India while performing in England and South Africa. :boxing

The reason is because Yuvraj Singh has the name and has a reputation to bully any attack which Karthik doesn't have. They're going to be more patient with Yuvraj's failure than with say Karthik's failure...

A fifty over a 97?
Screw that.

Booya! Perara strikes, and Yuvraj is gone! :)
Now declare!

You beauty...:upray
Pathan has been given the raise. I hope he does well with the bat cause i think we need him considering Zaheer is injured and Zaheer did damage with the old bowl which was reverse swinging. Put RP and Irfan together, Kumble to toil and Sharma does his thing then India have a credible attack to give the aussies a fight.

Last edited:
Well I hope the selectors aren't stupid enough to judge Karthik's innings as worse because he fell 3 runs short of 3 figures.

On another note--Yuvraj cannot even score against these U19 bowlers! He has no place in the Test team for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread