India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont discount that one monster of a player 'GILCHRIST'. He is due for a big one according to the law of averages, and even if he is the only person to score big, he will make sure Australia end up with an enough score to be on top.

Yeah exactly Sai. How can we forget Gilchrist. He is the man who can take the game away from you in just few minutes even when he is batting with the tailenders.

Sai got a Pathan avatar. Nice :)

Dont discount that one monster of a player 'GILCHRIST'. He is due for a big one according to the law of averages, and even if he is the only person to score big, he will make sure Australia end up with an enough score to be on top.

If Gilchrist is ever going to shine, he does it in these situations.

I can just remember Bangladesh in 06 when he got 144 to get us to a good score and help us win the game.

india have to keep picking wickets,the ball is swinging around a lot.hopefull the seamers will keep taking wickets.

Sorry for deviating from the topic, but whats wrong with this post? Why did this one get de-repped?

Worser than Dravid. He at least tried that shot with the old ball and against a part timer. Laxman knew it was the new ball, and the best Australian bowler bowling at him. Absolute stupidity!

I told that a collapse is on cards. Thats india!

Here's what the message from that de-repper read:
Im sick of your posts, you know nothing dude. Poor English and you dont get a point across. You have next to no Cricket knowledge it seems. Hooper

I actually dont care about negative reps (before ppl start calling me one of their favorite words 'cry baby'!) becoz I have 2372 points and have a pretty good reputation. But it hurts me when I am being de-repped for no rhyme or reason. Even the comment given by the poster doesnt make any sense to the post for which he gave that negative rep.

Sorry for deviating from the topic, but whats wrong with this post? Why did this one get de-repped?

Here's what the message from that de-repper read:
Im sick of your posts, you know nothing dude. Poor English and you dont get a point across. You have next to no Cricket knowledge it seems. Hooper

I actually dont care about negative reps (before ppl start calling me one of their favorite words 'cry baby'!) becoz I have 2372 points and have a pretty good reputation. But it hurts me when I am being de-repped for no rhyme or reason. Even the comment given by the poster doesnt make any sense to the post for which he gave that negative rep.

Negetive reps always hurt but neg rep for a good post hurts even more. But finally reps are just for fun.
Don't worry mate. Just PM to a mod and it will be sorted. Anyways i gave you a positive rep for the Pathan avatar :)

Last edited:
Yeah exactly Sai. How can we forget Gilchrist. He is the man who can take the game away from you in just few minutes even when he is batting with the tailenders.

Sai got a Pathan avatar. Nice :)

Ha ha... I have been hoping sincerely ever that Pathan gets back his form, and reproduces the game that he showed us when he came into the scene for India. He can add that vital balance to the side, and he is a very positive and fighting character

anybody in the australian top 6 or 7 can take the game away.

Ha ha... I have been hoping sincerely ever that Pathan gets back his form, and reproduces the game that he showed us when he came into the scene for India. He can add that vital balance to the side, and he is a very positive and fighting character

I always wanted Pathan to be in the side coz once he gets the ball to swing he is always dangerous. I hope he picks 5 or more wickets in this innings;)

We NEED to continue the good work. We cannot let them off the hook. And we cannot overattack. That's the problem we made with Symonds and Hogg in the previous game. It's going to be a tough captaincy coming up for Kumble.

What's the law of averages? I'm interested. But yes, Gilchurch is due.

We NEED to continue the good work. We cannot let them off the hook. And we cannot overattack. That's the problem we made with Symonds and Hogg in the previous game. It's going to be a tough captaincy coming up for Kumble.

Yup its gonaa be a tough captaincy for Kumble but I am happy with his captaincy in this innings till now as he showed the urgency for quick wickets by placing a leg sip for Ponting.

It's a fallacy which dictates that your performances tend to keep your average constant. So if you continuously score well over your average, the law of averages suggests that you are due for a bad knock. Same thing for low innings--suggests you're due for a biggie so that your average stays constant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_averages

Basically, it's bad statistics*, but it's saying that eventually Gilly has to fire given a large enough of innings played (because he's in poor form at the moment).

*It's bad statistics because it makes it seem as though each innings isn't independent of the previous ones-when each innings is an independent event.

Last edited:
It's a fallacy which dictates that your performances tend to keep your average constant. So if you continuously score well over your average, the law of averages suggests that you are due for a bad knock. Same thing for low innings--suggests you're due for a biggie so that your average stays constant.

Aha. Cool. Thanks mate.
icon14.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_averages

Basically, it's bad statistics*, but it's saying that eventually Gilly has to fire given a large enough of innings played (because he's in poor form at the moment).

*It's bad statistics because it makes it seem as though each innings isn't independent of the previous ones-when each innings is an independent event.

See also the first paragraph here:

http://www.gradesaver.com/classicnotes/titles/rosencrantz/section3.html

Stoppard is a genius. Has anybody here read anything by him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread