India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the bowlers, Zaheer was inconsistent and many of his balls were ordinary, but he did well on ocassion to force some wickets, Kumble was pretty good for most of it, and Harbhajan was pretty terrible for most of it.

You probably were asleep for most part of match i think. Zaheer bowled beautifully and actually he along with Rp surprised Aussie batsmen with the reverse swing which every Aussie was saying confidently will not happen in Australia.
Bhajji role was to not leak runs and check the Aussie scoring rate. He did exactly that. What do you expect a guy whos not bowling well to do. Get 5 wickets suddenly out of blue and that too on fisrt day track?

dont want to make any one angry but boy do the australia commentators SOUND so biased. indian unlucky with johnson not beeen giving out, but a cracking day for india

Ponting > Hayden > Hussey > Jaques > Clarke > Gilchrist > Symonds

Jaques > Jaffer
Hayden > Dravid
Ponting > Laxman
Tendulkar > Hussey
Clarke > Ganguly
Symonds > Yuvraj
Gilchrist > Dhoni

Have it anyways, both sides bat strongly. Aussies have slight edge in home conditions. If it was India I would have said other way round.
But saying above about Symonds and Jaques, dont blow your trumpets yet.

dont want to make any one angry but boy do the australia commentators SOUND so biased. indian unlucky with johnson not beeen giving out, but a cracking day for india

They are not so much biased as just fans of Australia. In my opinion, Australian commentators are the best English speaking commentators in the world. I cannot speak for other languages though:p

OMG i dont mind people supporting there team an talking them up but indian fans are the worst an people say us aussies are arrogant.
If your gonna talk them up at least be able to back it up with stats not just a game here and a game there.

Yes india have a good batting lineup but australia easily has the best batting lineup in international cricket.

http://www.lgiccrankings.com/ just look at all the indians in the top 10 lists :rolleyes:

An the fact they still say tendulkar is currently the best batsmen in the world is a joke.Lara was always better.

Ponting is easily the best current batsmen closely followed by hussey an if hussey can have a good series here may have to start calling him the best current batsmen.

And dont forget unlike most teams who get to bat twice in most tests alot of the aussie players only get 1 innings to bat each test so considering that its amazing to see aussie players so high up in total test runs.

After 19 test Hussey is best batsmen :p. Sehwag had similar start to his career now he cant find place in team.

Agreed Lara was better than Tendulkar but you cant count the old guy out just yet. He always has something of note in Australia unless robbed by umpires.

ICC ranking are not the right way to judge anyone. If that was case then my friend warney was always below Murli and that makes Murli the best bowler among the two.

Probably they will blame pitch now for the disasterous collapse cos in there mind India bolwing cant get them out once in whole test match.

Last edited:
Why would you want to bat for your life though? To win matches with contribution from the batsman they need hundreds and that's what Hayden does allot more often that what Dravid does.
Hayden for me.
Do you want India to draw or win this game?

So you think Dravid can't help India to win test matches?
Remember the Adelaide test last tour?

It's only bill lawry that is bias...he's terrible but we still love him....believe me even we aussies cringe a lot of the time when he talks. tubby taylor and slats are good...hardly bias....tony grieg loves seeing us lose and richie is a legend....the only goofs I reckon are chappel and Healy, they should be dropped.

Equal day - I fell asleep at about 3-211 which is a shame....not really suprised at the end result. Interesting to see whether 300 is enough...I think as Matty Hayden says it is about par, so if Australia can bowl india out for a similar score they should be in the box seat cause teams batting last have stuggled here of late. Having said that...we only jsut made 400 last year in the 1st innings and won by an innings...300 could be more than enough...even Hayden never looked truly settled, I think this pitch will suit our bowlers to a tea.

Dravid > Hayden
Tendulkar > Hussey
Ganguly > Clarke (I can not belive some of you said clarke was better then Gangs. Did you even watch the Ind vs Pak?)
Jaffer > Jaques
Laxman < Ponting

For those of you who say that Tendulkar is "Out of Form", you are blind. He averaged 60 in season 2007, with 2 tons and 2 fifteys to his name.
WAKE UP.

And to those saying Dravid<Hayden

You are comparing two different breeds of cricketers. One is an anchor, he is THE WALL. He has saved India so many times, by just blocking the crap out of the bowlers, picking the loose deliveries, and whacking it away. HE IS THE PERFECT TEST BATSMAN.

Last edited:
Also Yuvi > Symonds.

All Symonds has is brutal strength, Yuvi has class.

Wow wow wow wow!!!! Unbelievable stuff this is!!! I thought we would be plummeted for 400 runs or so in the opening day leading to acute embarrasement, but boy oh boy!!!! We have won the opening day (9/337 in the opening day for Australia is a victory for india).

Jumbo does it again for the team. What a character he is!!! I feel apart from Ganguly, he might just be the best guy to lead India into this tough series. He again bowls splendidly in Australia and just shows how much he has changed since when he was labelled a "home tiger".

If India can get Australia out for 350, would be a real delight. Hayden is now just trying to pep up his own team by saying that the wicket is tough for batting. The wicket looks very good for batting. India should bat big. They have created the opportunity for themselves. They must now be really positive, and bat well. History is there for the making, and we can do it.

I am so so delighted seeing the results of the first day! The first day lived up to all the hype of this series!

Seeing all the discussions, my two cents. India's batting = Australian batting. Australia play a lot on fast wickets. If India play that much, they can also be good at batting on those type of wickets. In some players, India have the edge but Australia have played in conditions thats tough for the Indians to bat. So I rate them equal.

still reckon the aussies hold the upper hand
would have been india if they had gotten the aussies al out for something like 250 but 337 is still a good score

all depends on how the aussies use the new ball but i have a feeling the aussies bowling will be badly exposed in this test
the sooner a decent spinner comes into their side the better
macgill is their only decent spinner at the moment

It was heartening to see the response from the crowd at the fall of every wicket.
Aussie crowds draw a lot of flak for being hostile but they are also crowds that appreciate good cricket and crowds who have been starved of good contests.

Looking ahead to Day 2, we must make sure that this partnership which has already started to become a nuisance is broken quickly.
Then the key for India`s batting to put up a good score is Jaffer. If Jaffer can stay there for a session and a half, his calming presence would ensure that we get a solid platform (Oops! Forgot Dravid , The Wall).

This is the biggest test that the two Indian openers have faced/(will be facing) for sometime now.
If those two can put up a good start, we`ll get a good lead. If not our middle order is not half as potent as it otherwise is.

To add to that, I believe that Hogg will have a role here. He isn`t the worst around and not the most common kind of a bowler as well.
India haven`t played Hogg with any conviction in the recent past and he could surprise quite a few, especially the lower-order with his wrong`uns.

Last edited:
It's very even at the moment. The pitch was difficult to bat on. Hayden and Jacques fought through the early hour very well. The Indians bowled very well and both Zaheer and RP were very unlucky to have Jacques, he just couldn't lay a bat on it for a while. Fair play to him though, battling through and making the most of it.

I think it'll be about enough for the Aussie's. If they bowl well and their seamers exploit the conditions then I think they'll end up around broke even tomorrow. It'll be whoever bats best in the second innings in my eyes, if Australia don't reign in India's batting tomorrow or the Indian middle order collapses.

Clark's lower order damage was most useful for the Aussies. India need to bowl them out tommorrow quickly. Lee and Clark will be a handful with the new ball but I think we'll need to see what Hogg comes out with and you just feel India may target him early on.

I'm really looking forward to watching today, since this forum has spiced it up, with the whole Aussie vs India batting thing. The Brett Lee is inconsistent thing and the Hogg sucks thing. I don't think it matters what your domestic record is myself. I don't think Australia had anyone better to do the job for them. o one else seems to have much international experience. It would be a bigger risk throwing a young guy into a test match against India.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread