India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Australian team management will call for Asad Rauf's head...oh wait no we wont, haha because we're gracious losers who know the meaning of sportsmanship! :D

It's funny to see how people don't want to think about this stuff when it's going in their favour, but when the shoes on the other foot.....funny stuff....hypocrisy at it's finest...but that seems to be india's core strength!!

Truth hurts they say.

I call them hypocrites. They were saying last week that its alright for us, but not for them this week.

I wonder how good the wine would taste after I mixed all your sour grapes together.

India are hardly in a position to call Australia sore losers after their showing in the last test.

Anyway it was really over before today, Jaques and Rogers had to make runs and they didn't. I don't rate either of them and with Hayden back it will be a massive boost. Anyway Clark and Lee aside Australia don't look anywhere near the attack they had last year.

Am I the only one to feel that India should retain Kumble for the ODI series? He could well be the vice-captain.

His mere presence might help us...

Of course, his fielding is not going to help our cause, but his bowling form is good at the moment and I hate to think of an Indian ODI attack relying on Harbhajan or any other inexperienced spinner.

Well, as far as one dayers are concerned, India should be looking much beyond this series, and bringing Kumble back would be a step in the wrong direction. They already have a few players over 30, and one more wouldnt help their cause of getting a team ready for 2011, will it??

India are hardly in a position to call Australia sore losers after their showing in the last test.
Oh please. How come you haven't addressed any of the points that directly refute this idea in this thread? Just wanted to get a set-piece in?

It was a good win for India. Not thumping but a pretty satisfying and secure win in the end. I didn't watch the final day because I was away from an internet connection, but I certainly know who dominated the first 3 days, for the most part.

I read some of the comments from a few Aussie posters who signed up purely for the purpose to let loose some of their anger for watching their team lose but decided to ignore that crap.

And for the people still going on about umpiring decisions and bad umpiring decisions, consider this point. As far as I am aware all the poor umpiring decisions in this test match were LBW calls. As far as I am aware, the big problem people had with the umpiring in the last test match were edges not being given out caught behind--and thick ones at that.

If you are prepared to defend the argument that a bad decision is a bad decision, please also let me know why you equate rape with pickpocketing. Both are crimes, and by your logic they are equally bad and one can further insinuate that the punishment be the same for both crimes. If you can't defend it, shut up.

On to Adelaide. With 2-1 the Aussies will be raring. It will be interesting to see the line-up we go with in the 4th test. We may strongly consider playing 5 bowlers (with Pathan being the bowling all-rounder). The Aussies looked pretty uneasy against the swing (and clueless at many points) and we need to take advantage of that.

If we do end up becoming successful at Adelaide, I would consider this as good as a win for India for 3 reasons:

1. Drawing against Australia in Australia in a series is just marginally less quality than beating them.
2. The BCCI's idiocy cut short India's preparation time which may have resulted in them getting into the groove earlier in the series.
3. The Sydney test match and it's many problems.

Oh please. How come you haven't addressed any of the points that directly refute this idea in this thread? Just wanted to get a set-piece in?

What? You can't be trying to deny you were sore losers surely? All you did was moan about the umpires and criticise the Australians for days. People who aren't sore losers move on, something which you obviously are unable to do wlooking at your avatar.

Anyone heard sunny gavaskars comment on Andrew Symonds?

Sunny Gavaskar on Andrew Symonds, his bat comes with a 'silencer', and so the umps cannot hear the edges off his bat.

Maybe he means the cover if its got one on the face? My bat has although I can't see how it would silence it, or maybe it's just a bad joke :p

I know Symonds got a shocker, but luck always evens it self out, which is what happened. May I remind you that Sachin also got a really bad one too. :p

I heard that Yuvraj might fly back to India with his sweetheart to tend to his injured ankle.
In that case,who will be the vice-captain for the ODI series ?

I'm not saying that he should be vice-captain for the series, but is Zaheer going to be fit for it?

I reckon Ganguly for it, he's probably the best candidate out of the oldies for the job, but Dhoni should be fine, I can't wait till he becomes the Test captain, our team should be full of confidence and aggression.

Last edited:
I bet that India will still be so caught up in themselves like after their twenty20 win that they get thumped in Adelaide. There is no longer any pressure on Australia with regards to the record and they will have a point to prove.

I've been reading the Indian news with talk of India "dominating" and "thrashing" Australia. In reality you won by 72 runs and got chased down by tail ender batsman by a sub-par Australian team missing one of their top batsman. Your end game celebrations were no different from Australia's and yet you complained about us and our respect, you even flew your flag over our soil. What did you think about Kumble's "in the spirit of the game" wicket celebration? You won't see Australia threatening to boycott the next game because we got the bad calls this time, Hussey and Symonds were not out. So it's ok when India win but when you loose you cause all these problems in our Country. Our players were blasted for weeks in the media because of you.

Last edited:
I've been reading the Indian news with talk of India "dominating" and "thrashing" Australia. In reality you won by 72 runs and got chased down by tail ender batsman by a sub-par Australian team missing one of their top batsman. Your end game celebrations were no different from Australia's and yet you complained about us and our respect, you even flew your flag over our soil. What did you think about Kumble's "in the spirit of the game" wicket celebration? You won't see Australia threatening to boycott the next game because we got the bad calls this time, Hussey and Symonds were not out. So it's ok when India win but when you loose you cause all these problems in our Country. Our players were blasted for weeks in the media because of you.

Haha thats funny, because i just read a headline from fox and it says "India thrashed Australia" so dont just blame the Indian media for that.

Secondly the flag is already flown over Australian soil, its on display at the top of the ground and is displayed when the teams first enter the pitch. You think Australia didnt display their flag when they won over in India?? Give me a break...

He retired from One Dayers after the World Cup debacle.

I would go with Ganguly.
Get some more aggression in.

Others also suggested Kumble, Sachin and Dravid. Then it will be almost the last ODI World Cup team. It seems that people have forgotten what a fiasco it was. Ganguly not able to rotate the strike and others not taking singles was one of the reasons and up course the fielding. Test match is Test match and ODI is ODI. It is great that India had a wonderful victory in the Perth Test. But one should not get carried away and say that the same team shoud play in the ODI. One should move on. How long Kumble, Ganguly, Sachin and Dravid will be playing ODI. I do not think they have a chance to play in the next world cup. One should give Dhoni a free hand in running the ODI team, One never know, one could get similar results as the 20/20 where India is doing very well.

I believe that Adelaide will be keenly contested and it might end up in a draw with both teams fighting terrificly.

I hope not. I want India to win so that they draw the series and come out of it with shared honours (even though they cant lay their hands on the Border-Gavaskar trophy)

Haha thats funny, because i just read a headline from fox and it says "India thrashed Australia" so dont just blame the Indian media for that.

Secondly the flag is already flown over Australian soil, its on display at the top of the ground and is displayed when the teams first enter the pitch. You think Australia didnt display their flag when they won over in India?? Give me a break...

Leave it. That guy keeps saying the same thing. He is clearly pissed off with what we said after Sydney and wants to get back at us.

I bet that India will still be so caught up in themselves like after their twenty20 win that they get thumped in Adelaide. There is no longer any pressure on Australia with regards to the record and they will have a point to prove.

When we beat you at Kolkatta in 2001, we did come back strongly and won at Chennai as well. We have won two test matches in a row against you quite a few times (Chennai - Kolkatta 1998).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread