India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only hope India doesn't get too caught up in this win. It's a great win all right but there's still a Test match to go. Kumble should ensure that the team doesn't lose focus.

True, they should celebrate and then get back to business. But, Kumble would be the first to know that.

Just looking at our pace bowlers today, they are 19, 22, and 23. And besides that, there is Zaheer Khan and Sreesanth waiting in the wings. If these five can stay out of injuries and continue their development, I think we might be one of the better pace bowling teams in international cricket.

To all Australian members: you guys should actually be proud that India celebrated this win so much -- because it shows that Australia is the best team in the world and it meant a lot for our team to beat Australia in Australia. Something that only England has been able to do in recent times. Even strong teams like South Africa have struggled facing Australia in Australia.

So please let us have this moment to cherish. I know how badly it hurts you to lose out on the record so I can understand some of the more sarcastic and (to Indians, hurtful) comments about the Indian teams' celebrations here.

(I personally never criticized Australia's celebrations in Sydney, BTW. which was not an issue at all in my book -- most of my anger was directed only at the racism issue and the way it blew out of proportion)

Yes a very well done to our pace bowlers, but I think their task will become a lot harder with Hayden at the top next week if he's playing, but hopefully Pathan can get him out early. :)

To all Australian members: you guys should actually be proud that India celebrated this win so much -- because it shows that Australia is the best team in the world and it meant a lot for our team to beat Australia in Australia. Something that only England has been able to do in recent times. Even strong teams like South Africa have struggled facing Australia in Australia.

I said the same thing too. Their team has been almost invincible in the way they have been winning. So to beat them anywhere is a big achievement, and even more so at their home soil, and even more so at a ground thats considered to be disastrous for visiting teams.

Yes a very well done to our pace bowlers, but I think their task will become a lot harder with Hayden at the top next week if he's playing, but hopefully Pathan can get him out early. :)

I wont worry too much about Hayden because I feel he is a little bit weak at the start of his innings. And with the confidence that our team has accquired with this win, I expect our bowlers to stand up and deliver even if its Hayden.

Last edited:
Yeah, if we can get Hayden driving at some balls swinging away from Pathan then that should do the trick :)

India will have good memories of Adelaide. Plus with this win at Perth, the team spirit should be high...

I'm more worried about the form of the opening combination. Jaffer's had plenty of chances to make runs. He's got to go now. Now I think Dravid and Sehwag can very well open the batting and Dravid needn't be under pressure to score runs as Sehwag can blast away early on.

Plus of course, the extra spinner. I personally think that Harbhajan is an overhyped spinner and we could well do with Sehwag and Tendulkar instead of Bhajji since Sehwag can turn the ball as much as Bhajji can..

Harbhajan's had his moment of fame... but his bowling has been sub-par on this tour... we all seem to forget how Harbahajan's bowling sucks so much (except when bowling to Ponting :p) on this tour.

Last edited:
is it true that Pathan again get training from Wasim Akram?

Wasim Akram certainly mentioned on commentary (and in the studio tea-time shows) that he had given Pathan tips on swinging the ball and bowling on Australian wickets.

Plus they showed footage on Star Cricket of Pathan and Wasim in the nets working together.

I believe that Adelaide will be keenly contested and it might end up in a draw with both teams fighting terrificly.

Wasim Akram certainly mentioned on commentary (and in the studio tea-time shows) that he had given Pathan tips on swinging the ball and bowling on Australian wickets.

Plus they showed footage on Star Cricket of Pathan and Wasim in the nets working together.
is it means that Pakistan also have contribution on India`s winning on Perth,and i hope this time Pathan don`t leave Wasim Akram.

I don't know why India do not simply hire Wasim Akram as a bowling consultant. He can spread his wisdom to all of India's bowlers then.

I believe that Adelaide will be keenly contested and it might end up in a draw with both teams fighting terrificly.

I doubt it. The pitches so far have been so good for cricket that wickets have been falling regularly. OK, the Sydney test was close to a draw, but even there, you just sensed that India were not going to hang in there as the Australians pushed hard....

If the batting form of both sides is any judge to go by, a draw is the least likely result.

The bowlers have been having the edge all the way through.

Why did you vote for it then?

Actually I'm not sure, but thinking about it now, I think I made a mistake in voting for a draw.

I also think a lot more grass will be left on the Adelaide wicket after this result at Perth :p

India could handle the pace at Perth, but if there is any seam movement, India will struggle to bat and most of the Indian pacers are not hit-the-deck seam bowlers but swing bowlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread