India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i know he swings the ball but when he was not performing his pace had gone really down thats why i wanted to know his pace. would like to know what it was in mph

The thing is that Pathan can bowl quick at 140 ks as well as he showed in Banglore test match but to beat top class batsmen you need swing and that what hes after. If the bowl was not swinging then he would definately have bowled a bit faster.

I stayed up to watch this one and I wasn't disappointed. What an achievement it is to beat Australia at home, and that too within 4 day's play. Great win; one to remember.

Last edited:
when pathan started his carrer that time his pace was 134kmph to 145.2kmph..his average speed in 2004 was excellent@138kmph
now he lost that

The performace was enough for you to be label cry babies for 100 years. If it was first time or not it was disgraceful and something that will never be forgotten. Your country should learn from Australia how to be gracious loosers.

Do you think the ACB will suspend the tour for the clannger decisions Symonds and Hussey copped today? Will be demand the umpires be replaced?

NO is the answer in case there was any doubt

Ok! Thank you.

@scion_sid: dont worry too much. what these guys label us is not going to be of much importance. We have a billion people in our country who probably think similar (or a majority of them) and we need not worry about these "other country" guys. Absolute NONSENSE people!!!!

What we did after Sydney was right!!!! And I am not at all guilty for what happened. Justice has been done to us. We cant keep waiting that the next test will deliver us justice, and so our reactions were totally natural. People from other countries wont understand it, and its probably better they dont. If ppl call us "crybabies", they should not forget that every one has been a baby at some point of time and would have been a crybaby in their lives.

It's just the way it is with celebrations i'm afraid - if Australia enjoy their win it's arrogance, anyone else and it's accepted. But it's quite amusing to see them celebrate a dead rubber like that. Kinda reminds me of the 20/20 win they had in india after we had thumed them in the ODIs in india recently...they were racing around on the top of cars and stuff. But oh well, at least we're gracious losers....and at least we are still winning the series.

Dead rubber? You guys havent won the series yet, my friend... You have just secured the Border-Gavaskar trophy becoz of a stupid rule that both the nations have accepted that if the side that holds the trophy makes sure that it cant lose the series, it retains the trophy. Thats how Australia has retained their hold on the Border-Gavaskar trophy. You havent won the series yet, and wont win it if you lose at Adelaide.

@ Jk16 4
we can move on but not when indian fans try to justify or play down there Countrys actions.

We say what we feel is right.... We are not going to buckle down and just take the s*** thrown at us.

Last edited:
Indeed. Damn it, couldn't they have lasted 10 balls ?! The series would have been 1-1 with a test to go.

Oh well.

this is really annoying, when guys say Sydney test is history and forget it. I would not and not many Indians wud either. India would have lasted those 10 balls if and only if Umpires would have been in Sound Mind and Body. It seemed as they just can't see India even pulling up a Draw, they tried their best to put India on the losing Side. :mad:

They celebrated like they won the series and H Singh came sprinting out with the Indian flag waving it around.

Beating Australia in a test is equal to winning a series. We will do that!!!!

The Australian team management will call for Asad Rauf's head...oh wait no we wont, haha because we're gracious losers who know the meaning of sportsmanship! :D

Its funny how you guys dont think of why they actually did it, and just pounce on a team just because they used their clout to get an umpire off a game. Did you really look into the history of Steve Bucknor and India? We dont want to lose a series in Australia just becoz of the umpires.

It just makes you look small time. I mean you won ONE test match. You're still 2-1 down in the series and you can't take the trophy home.

Wait, this is a "3 Mobile Test Series" between India and Australia where the winner retains the Border-Gavaskar trophy (in case of a tie, the team that possessed the trophy before gets to keep it).

So the Australians might have retained the Border-Gavaskar trophy, but they havent won the "3 Mobile Test Series" against India yet.

Last edited:
Well if this series ever wants to be held in the same regard as the ashes, or the bledisloe cup, a draw is as good as a win for the trophy holder....so yes, this is a dead rubber.

Well, you can think like that. But technically, its not! A drawn series means we have not been beaten.

Eh, I don't know mate. Tendulkar should have been out 2 or 3 times before that and Dhoni's was a fair enough decision I feel (like Hussey's).

Crap! Dhoni's decision was as bad as Hussey's (today)

Last edited:
I think one of Pathan's few problems was that he could not extract any sort of pace off a short length. Whenever he banged it in, it just sat up.

Unless he gets it back he won't be anywhere near as good. Dizzy can back that up.

are the aussie fans making excuses.

Looks like it. A friend pointed me to a thread on an Aussie forum accusing us of ball-tampering. :p

This is a pretty solid win. I just knew that we would bounce back with a win after what happened at Sydney. As soon as the Vbookie thread for this match came up, I was the first to bet all I had on India, because I knew we had a team that had the passion and resilience to come back like this. We should look to tie this thing up in the next match.

It is vital, but Dizzy relied a lot more on banging it in then Pathan ever did or will.

Yeah Dizzy was hit the deck kind of bowler and from Indian side only Ishant bowls that way. RP and Pathan are both swing bowlers.

I only hope India doesn't get too caught up in this win. It's a great win all right but there's still a Test match to go. Kumble should ensure that the team doesn't lose focus. Too often India has been guilty of it.

Great series. Two countries so passionate about the game, so there are bound to be sparks flying about. I must congratulate Ricky Ponting and his team though in this game - he was very gracious in defeat and has now shown us all that he can learn from his past mistakes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread