India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez some people here are really taking offense to Harbhajan showing some national pride and joy. Dont compare the New Zealand Rugby team to the Australian cricket team because i can tell you easily they are miles apart in regards to consistency and performing.

No one's taking a offense to what Harbhajan did. I just think it was over the top for ONE test match win, and beating the All Blacks means A LOT to us. They're always the #1 team in the world (even though they haven't won the World Cup since 1987)

Last edited:
The india team are an absolute disgrace! Everybody knows that when you win a match instead of showing any delight you should leave the field immediatly with no expression, go in the dressing room have a shower, go home and go to bed. Celebrating should be banned from all sports and while we're at it ban smiling.

No one's taking a offense to what Harbhajan did. I just think it was over the top for ONE test match win, and beating the All Blacks means A LOT to us. They're always the #1 team in the world (even though they haven't won the World Cup since 1987)

If the celebrations for Indias win was over the top than Australias celebrations last week must have been the most over-the-top celeberations in history.

It amazes me how Austrlians find diffrent ways to get at Indians. Its not last time you will see Indian flag on field in Australia.

For all those who think its dead rubber stop watching cricket or ask Aussie team to throw next match and give India the match by forefit.

Some of the Aussie fans are being hypocritical about this. They ridiculed India for how they took losing the 2nd Test and they are throwing their toys out of their prams about them losing this one.
India played well, outplayed Australia in the game and got a win. The first win by anyone against them anywhere in a long time. They have a right to celebrate. Take it like a man.

Some of the Aussie fans are being hypocritical about this. They ridiculed India for how they took losing the 2nd Test and they are throwing their toys out of their prams about them losing this one.
India played well, outplayed Australia in the game and got a win. The first win by anyone against them anywhere in a long time. They have a right to celebrate. Take it like a man.

But you have to remember most people complaining are under the age of 15.....:p

To anyone who says that this did not matter to Australia, check cricinfo images to see Stuart Clark (known to many as an emotionless robot), seemingly crying after getting out. It is heartening to see such determination and pride, even from a number 10 batsman when the trophy is retained. It shows that Test cricket is still sacred.

As if the loss to India was not enough, Australia's woes were on Saturday compounded further after Ricky Ponting's men were fined for slow over-rate during the third Test here.

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtvcricket/cricketstory.aspx?id=SPOEN20080038953

As much as I hate Jaffer but I dont think we should change side for next match. This side is good enough as we had no contribution from Dada in this match.

Last edited:
I actually think the Indians were very humble in victory, yes they did have their initial celebration. But they did walk over to Johnson and congratulate him on his fine innings, i thought that was nice. And both teams were respectful when shaking hands giving each other there congrats. And the Indian team were very polite in their interviews with channel 9, so i really dont understand what more can the people complaining about thier celebration want!

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/content/records/283958.html

Here's something for us to play for in the 4th Test.
wink.gif

Pretty happy with India's performance but yeah Harbhajan shouldn't have ran onto the field with the indian flag. I think considering the Sydney test match it could've been taken wrongly. But great work. I'm still a little annoyed with the umpiring but the biggest factor is that they've been consistent with the LBWs. While Rauf gave out ones that were just above the stumps they seemed to be at a consistent distance. But meh how good was Johnson. I knew Clarke would get out soon but i felt the more Johnson held the strike the closer Australia would've gotten. Johnson seemed to have all the luck with batting.

You know whats cost Australia other than their batting? Their catching. They dropped dravid who went on to make 82 more runs. Hussey dropped one but it didnt matter in the end as sehwag got out next ball. If there's one thing Nielsen needs to work on its their catching especially slips.

EDIT: I meant clark the bowler not clarke the batter.

Last edited:
In the case of Indian celebrations I must say, there was nothing over the top. Just pure joy etc from winning such a good test match, let them celebrate.

It would only become hypocritical if the opposition started to criticise Australia for their celebrations as they too did nothing wrong, they didn't offend either deliberately or by accident through their celebrations at Sydney.

Nice Win for India, firstly because Nobody expected us to win even a single match, or even pulling out a draw inc. Cricket Australia. Secondly, stopping Australians Winning Run, thirdly, because we just won in Australia which is the toughest tour.
Now just waiting to see the Adelaide Match. Would like to see same effort again :)

Congratulations India, well deserved win. To win in Australia is, as we all know, the ultimate achievement bar actually winning a series down under. They should be allowed to celebrate and I didn't see anything untoward. Pathan was very impressive and Sharma was all over Ponting like a rash.

Ishant Sharma was an inspiration. 19 year old absolutely owning one of the best in the game. He deserved more wickets and it was unfortunate for him for clark's nick not to carry. Pathan had a great come back and all we need now is for harbhajan (if he plays) to bowl a fraction of the form he showed in the 2001 series and we have a killer bowling attack. It still amazes me that the commentators keep saying our attack borders on good while Aussies is unbelivable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread