India in Australia

Who is going to win in Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just makes you look small time. I mean you won ONE test match. You're still 2-1 down in the series and you can't take the trophy home.

You obviously dont know how it feels to beat the best team in the world since u guys are the best team in the world. It will always be something special and the celeberations just show how much it mean to this Indian team.

You call me nuts but I love when anyone lifts Indian flag. Most of our sporting heroes not only in cricket but else also raise it.

india_flag.gif

Great Celebrations from Harbhajan, not over the top at all , they stayed within the limits and it IS a big thing to win against the Australian team especially on their home soil. Something which only the Indian Team has done in the last decade, and they did it twice.

Only the Indians have done in the last Decade?

England beat us by 12 runs in 98 and by 225 runs in 03 and you guys beat us in 03. Your not the only team. England have to.
South Africa, England, New Zealand, India and Sri Lanka have all managed to draw against us numerous times

These stats are for our home tests btw.

You obviously dont know how it feels to beat the best team in the world since u guys are the best team in the world. It will always be something special and the celeberations just show how much it mean to this Indian team.

If the Wallabies beat the All Blacks in New Zealand and our beach players run on the field with the Australian flag, I wouldn't be happy.

err didn't india get bad decisions when sachin and dhoni were given lbw in the 1st innings when the ball was clearly going over the top of the stumps.

They sure did...but didn't ponting edge one onto his pads in sydney...and were'nt sachin and laxman plumb lb early in their innings before going on to make tons in sydney? I'm also sick of talking about the umpiring, it's just interesting to point out the similarities between the two tests and the fallout from both. I'm guessing we won't see articles int he australian press questioning the integrity of the umpires or the bowler who appealed for symonds lb when he got an edge on it....that's the point and I guess it's time to move on....something that should've happened within an hour of the second test finishing.

Not to take anything away from india's win at the WACA, which is a bloody good effort. It's just frustrating being an Australian supporter when everyone else is trying to find backhanded ways of cutting us down to size - I see the media is already littered with articles announcing the end of Australia's dominance....some even proclaiming that it's because we couldn't figure out how to play well because we were behaving. In the whole process only one team took steps to keep the interests of the game at heart and unfortunately the media is still finding a way to critisise us for it. It's a lose/lose situation when you're at the top....even when the trophy has already been engraved/polished and put back in the cabinet.

Last edited:
I love this victory. Besides Australians can't moan about the umpiring because we had to cope with double the amount of bad umpiring last week....

Well at least we all respect our flags unlike the English who throw theres on the ground. Quote, Ashes 2006/07 - "who cares, its only a bit of material, we can just go buy another one at the store" /quote. LOL

Source?

Mate, just let them celebrate. They stopped arguable the greatest cricket team ever from winning 17 wins in a row.

Don't see how you can say that about a team that Warne and McGrath have just retired from. It's always nice to trot out the superlatives but seriously who are you kidding? ;)

Dead rubber?

Its 2-1 and still one match to go. It can be 2-2 and not a series win for Aussies. Which series are u watching?

Well if this series ever wants to be held in the same regard as the ashes, or the bledisloe cup, a draw is as good as a win for the trophy holder....so yes, this is a dead rubber.

err didn't india get bad decisions when sachin and dhoni were given lbw in the 1st innings when the ball was clearly going over the top of the stumps.

Eh, I don't know mate. Tendulkar should have been out 2 or 3 times before that and Dhoni's was a fair enough decision I feel (like Hussey's).

Source?

Don't see how you can say that about a team that Warne and McGrath have just retired from. It's always nice to trot out the superlatives but seriously who are you kidding? ;)

The team includes all of the players that have played for Australia during this period. Just like the invincibles.

I love this victory. Besides Australians can't moan about the umpiring because we had to cope with double the amount of bad umpiring last week....

Well they will compare this to Sydney when it was clear that in Sydney we got atleat 5 more decions going against us while in Perth the decions were 3-2 with 3 being in favour of India.

If the Wallabies beat the All Blacks in New Zealand and our beach players run on the field with the Australian flag, I wouldn't be happy.

Geez some people here are really taking offense to Harbhajan showing some national pride and joy. Dont compare the New Zealand Rugby team to the Australian cricket team because i can tell you easily they are miles apart in regards to consistency and performing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread