• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Your not an Aussie
2. You ask in the Aussie Avatar thread.
3. The guy doesn't make them anymore.

Hope that helps:p

to be honest i thought it was quite over the top for harbhajan to get the indian flag and wave it on the ground. i mean they only won 1 game. sheesh

First and foremost, and I don't know if this is a byproduct of not reading the Indian media for the last few weeks, but I don't care a hoot about how Australia celebrate. If you really have a problem how people celebrate as long as it isn't demeaning, it's really a problem you should take care of personally. This is why I don't care about if Australia had frikkin fireworks that beat New Year's at Sydney to celebrate the 16 test wins in the least bit. Crossing the line as in the ODI victory (pushing Pawar off stage... etc.) can be a controversial topic but celebrating a trophy win is really not a contentious point for me.
Sorry but it seems like you have been reading the Indian media a bit too much. Martyn nudged him away so they could take a photo, he didn't physically push him off the stage and besides that, is Pawar the most important man in the world suddenly? Did the Aussies have to include him in their celebration. Everyone talks about disrespect but why is Pawar more important than anyone else?

As you said before you lost my support, who cares how a team celebrates? They just equalled a world record.

sohummisra said:
Prarara, might I remind you that your intelligent arguments are lost on the idiots who are but thinking about puberty.

EDIT FUTHER: Prarara, lemme clarify my point. He is an idiot who is dreaming about puberty.
To be quite frank, I didn't see a word of intelligence in that entire argument from either side and was trying to ignore it.

World Cup wins are different.
You're right. The Twenty20 World Cup is nothing compared to a world record of test victories. You are a class A hypocrite mate if you go off on that point.

icyman said:
I agree with you over here.
But,who can come in place of Symonds ?
Can they try out Ashley Noffke ? A handy batsman who can double up as a very effective bowler too.
Dave Hussey and Simon Katich are in great form with the bat, and both are handy part time spinners. I'd be happy with either.

Their has been a lot said about the indian media which i agree is most of the times absolutely ridiculous but i think it happens the world over,here is an interesting article according to which it looks like the aussie media blames the icc and the aussies being well behaved on the field for the loss,i think all the credit should go to the indian cricket team for the win

http://www.cricketnext.com/news/weakkneed-icc-did-us-in-aussie-media/29058-13.html

Last edited:
to be honest i thought it was quite over the top for harbhajan to get the indian flag and wave it on the ground. i mean they only won 1 game. sheesh

I wouldn't say over the top... more like stupidity on Bhajju's part. Considering what happened in Sydney i think it could've be taken wrongly. Had the whole sydney fiasco not occured i couldn't care one bit. Pakistan when they beat us in India many years ago (Akram's time) where they took 5 wickets in 10 runs when india needed 15 to win did a similar thing to Harbhajan. It wasn't criticised at all.

Ganguly dropped. A bit early but a i guess a neccessary move as India need to look towards the future especially with their batting considering the massive flop Yuvraj was in this test series. Poor test form often comes into a batsman game in ODIs. But i agree that a lot of pressure is on Sachin but then Yuvraj and Dhoni are fairly experienced so they can alleviate that pressure.

Squad: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt & wk), Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh, Virender Sehwag, Dinesh Karthik, Robin Uthappa, Gautam Gambhir, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Irfan Pathan, Praveen Kumar, RP Singh, Ishant Sharma, Sreesanth, Harbhajan Singh, Piyush Chawla

I'm probably going to make some long post in my blog but for now, this would be my team for the KFC T20 and First ODI.

KFC T20:
1. Gautam Gambhir
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Robin Uthappa
4. Yuvraj Singh
5. Rohit Sharma
6. MS Dhoni (capt&wk)
7. Irfan Pathan
8. Praveen Kumar
9. Harbhajan Singh
10. Sreesanth
11. RP Singh

First ODI:
1. Sachin Tendulkar
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Yuvraj Singh
4. Suresh Raina
5. Rohit Sharma
6. MS Dhoni (capt&wk)
7. Irfan Pathan
8. Praveen Kumar
9. Harbhajan Singh
10. Piyush Chawla
11. RP Singh

given the form gambhir is in,he should play the 1st odi for sure.

They would take any chance to over-ride Australia. And watching replays of it, you could say it was over the top.

They would take any chance to over-ride Australia. And watching replays of it, you could say it was over the top.

their is nothing wrong in celebrating after a win.over the top or not a win is a win and a hard fought one at that so they celebrating that way was absolutely fine.but if u still call it over the top then the aussie celebrations after the 2nd test were over the top too.

their is nothing wrong in celebrating after a win.over the top or not a win is a win and a hard fought one at that so they celebrating that way was absolutely fine.but if u still call it over the top then the aussie celebrations after the 2nd test were over the top too.

The point they are trying to make is that Harbijhan was going crazy even though he didnt take part in the test.

Both teams were within thier right to celebrate at both tests. Australia for an amazing victory in the last day. And India for simply beating Australia in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread